LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

SLUS-20904P2 has more of a priority than SLUS-20904... well it did when I didn't have it.

ahhh lol
oh uhhh I believe ya told me what the "P2" was for lol
it was part of a bundle ye?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Hide contents

One part stuck out more than anything else in there and it has to do about politics... Actually kinda cool to see that, it's really uncommon in the LGBT community.

I know, we were talking about that. But based on videos I've watched and things I've read online, I think there might be more people with those beliefs than people realize. I think they are just scared to speak out. At least that is the impression I get as someone just looking in.

8 hours ago, Quackers101 said:
  Hide contents

"I realized", I don't quite get that, but when it comes to certain topics I would say trans women are trans women but can be acknowledged as a women.

Do you mean you don't get it due to a language barrier? It pretty much just means I became aware. 

Hide contents

Yeah, so I'm not really part of the LGBT community but I recently met the absolutely most amazing trans girl ever. I'm 35, never dated anyone but cis gender women. Granted, I realized trans women are women a long time ago so I guess it isn't that surprising that I would date one. Not to me anyway. 

If you guys love each other and think it could work, it shouldn't be bad to try? Just don't move too quickly, since you guys haven't been together for "real" in person? So things can go either way, but hopefully it can work out and just think about doing the things you both love to do? Don't need to bombard about the topic around trans, but at least some knowledge should be good about where both stands or can help with and if of course you guys will stay together for longer.

I have a pretty good feeling about our meeting. We have a lot of stuff in common, more than I even listed. I don't think it is going to be hard at all for us to find things to do together. Honestly, I've never met a single person ever in my entire life with whom I have so much in common.

Yeah, I've been mindful not to bombard her with questions about her being trans. To be honest though, I'm not even sure where I could have worked it into the conversation because we just get so lost talking about our various passions every time we talk lol.  We just go off on tangents about our interests.

I've done a fair amount of reading and video watching on the subject over the years so I think I know a bit. I certainly know where I stand on the matter in general and I know some of the do and don'ts. I am a little curious about her journey because I want to know her as a person but I'm also fine with knowing what she wants me to know when she wants me to know it. But at the same time, I wonder if maybe she is waiting for me to ask?  I guess I'm trying to get into her head and I'm probably just over thinking it

Hide contents

Yeah, so I'm not really part of the LGBT community but I recently met the absolutely most amazing trans girl ever. I'm 35, never dated anyone but cis gender women. Granted, I realized trans women are women a long time ago so I guess it isn't that surprising that I would date one. Not to me anyway. 

Just find it a little weird that in the US it's like that "and we are both libertarians who vote Republican", red vs blue, it's all in the same soup but still wants to split it up, and spit it out. Very goop, nothing to see here.

.I would've still liked her even if she were a liberal. It's just nice that we share the same political ideology. Yet another thing we have in common.

So the postal service is taking forever with my package.  But once it gets here...

I'll have a physical copy of Va-11 Hall-A on every system that got a physical copy, on top of that, I own it digitally on every platform it's available on too.

I guess now I could start looking at NA releases of the game on PS4 and Vita, but that's expensive AF cause Limited Run Games.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

13 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Do you mean you don't get it due to a language barrier? It pretty much just means I became aware.

but became aware of what? like was there an ideology or religious reason that was holding you back or what?

More of a personal question though.

On 3/29/2015 at 6:19 PM, carguy86 said:

if so then you can post your coming out story here

This is a bit late, but in response to the original topic, I feel like my coming out story to my mom is kinda interesting. So, I was playing beat saber and was in a discord vc with some of my friends, and i was talking with one of my friends whos also LGBT+ and i was talking about how I wanted to wait to come out to my parents (especially my dad) until after I was financially stable and independent or at least after college so they don't take my college money away, since I had seen some red flags in them at least my mom. Of course, after I said talked about them maybe taking my college money away, my mom comes in and asks, 'who's gonna take your college money away?' At that moment, I didn't really know what to do or tell her so I just said 'you guys' (referring to my parents). And she was like 'why would we take your college money away?', I hesitated and asked if she really wanted to know and she said yes. So, I just said 'I think i'm gay' then she was like i wouldn't take ur college money away bc of that then blah blah blah yeah. Long story short, i'm not kicked out, but it's not all daises. I'm still not out to my dad (my sis knows tho) and that kinda scares me bc my mom told me not to tell him, which was quite alarming. My mom is trying to learn and i'm really happy and glad for that. Although, we still kinda fight, not exactly about that but ye.

Theres still a lot i need to learn about my self and my sexuality and relationships and stuff, but i'm trying to really get that self reflection alone time rn. My relationship past has been quite rocky and i think thats caused me some issues, but i'm trying to recover. I hope to meet a good man and maybe start a family in the future.

Just a bit of a rant.

"US is a first world country"

but also if you come out, they will take your money and throw you out.

That first and third world mix of the USA.

Spoiler

teens kicked out, lgbt USA

Spoiler

healthcare and work

Why other countries don't want to trust the american model for "work" or business.

32 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Just a bit of a rant.

Reveal hidden contents

teens kicked out, lgbt USA

Reveal hidden contents

healthcare and work

Why other countries don't want to trust the american model for "work" or business.

That seems like a relatively cynical take, largely because of what state you live in can directly affect your treatment as an LGBT person. 

Many states have protections, many don't, but at the same time, there's also legally guaranteed protections for LGBT people concerning things like hiring for jobs.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

That seems like a relatively cynical take, largely because of what state you live in can directly affect your treatment as an LGBT person. 

Many states have protections, many don't, but at the same time, there's also legally guaranteed protections for LGBT people concerning things like hiring for jobs.

And in a number of states, it's legal to fire someone on the basis of being gay. This includes your state, but not mine.

There's an even higher amount of states that allows you to argue in court that someone's status as trans "shocked" you into killing them, which... includes both of our states. It's an evolution of the "gay panic defense" that's been an issue for generations.

6 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

"... there's also legally guaranteed protections for LGBT people concerning things like hiring for jobs."

for hiring or to be fired? welcome to the EU.

But yes, why the states have to be so idiotic in what each state allows or not. Makes all the emotion online etc, so hard to know, as a lot of it can depend on state and area. 20 years in prison in that state while free to do so in another, it's just BS.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

And in a number of states, it's legal to fire someone on the basis of being gay. This includes your state, but not mine.

There's an even higher amount of states that allows you to argue in court that someone's status as trans "shocked" you into killing them, which... includes both of our states. It's an evolution of the "gay panic defense" that's been an issue for generations.

Never said there wasn't work to be done on LGBT laws here, but at the same time, it's tough to argue that the way this country handles the majority of its laws - period, not just LGBT, are third-world. More of a mix of traditionalism and progressivism that doesn't seem to mesh very well.

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

Never said there wasn't work to be done on LGBT laws here, but at the same time, it's tough to argue that the way this country handles the majority of its laws - period, not just LGBT, are third-world. More of a mix of traditionalism and progressivism that doesn't seem to mesh very well.

Most are relics of bygone eras that we haven't given much thought into changing because of either lobbying, a refusal to change or the idea that everything is just fine as-is. Even though it's clearly not.

45 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

I mean, it could be worse. In some contries you can get killed for being gay. Also, throwing teens out isn't like a law, like my mom didn't kick me out when i told her. But there are people who do get kicked out, support taken, etc. And I do realize that it still is an issue. Especially for trans people. But it's not like it's the worst.

15 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

but became aware of what? like was there an ideology or religious reason that was holding you back or what?

More of a personal question though.

Just a lack of being educated on the subject and I suppose having a large segment of society drill it into your head that trans woman are really just men at the end of the day and dating one makes you gay doesn't help. First of all, there is nothing wrong with being gay but when you know your sexuality, having it challenged is uncomfortable and insulting. It never made sense to me how anyone could look at a trans woman and think dude. It's like, how can this be gay if it feels so straight?

So obviously as I learned more, things started to make a lot more sense in my head. As for how society feels, I can't really forcibly change anyone's opinion. They can believe whatever they want. I'm comfortable with myself and that's what matters. I won't apologize for who I like and let me tell you, I really like this girl.

I'm actually quite glad I didn't meet her until I full came to terms with myself and reality. I'm so glad I'm not meeting her with lingering doubts or being afraid of what society thinks. She deserves better than that.

Speaking of which, we actually had a pretty awesome and deep conversation tonight. We both opened up about a lot of things. We are meeting in person tomorrow and I think we both felt a little uneasy that we hadn't talked about some more personal issues that neither of us wanted to directly ask because we were nervous about treading into sensitive territory. It's funny because she admitted how nervous she is about tomorrow and I admitted my nervousness and from there, personal conversation just took off. 

I actually think she was kind of wanting to share a bit of her personal journey with me because she volunteered some info about her transition to me and I told her I was kind of curious but didn't want to ask early on. She seemed to appreciate that I didn't just treat her as some curiosity and was genuinely interested in getting to know her first but then kind of gave me the go ahead to ask a bit when she told me she is pretty much an open book on the subject.

She seemed really cool about the subject and even shared a personal story I won't share here about when she was younger and coming to terms with herself. I felt kind of honored that she shared with me.

I know she is just like any other girl on the inside but one who has had to deal with a lot of things in her life. So I know while treating her normal, I still need to be aware and mindful that there are things I need to be sensitive to. She knows I've never dated a trans girl before and is pretty cool with it because she says she can tell I'm serious. She did want to know why I was interested specifically in a trans girl but she seemed to like my answer and really seemed to appreciate when I told her how much I respect her for her courage. 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I can feel your excitement from here. 🙂

Truthfully, I'm a bit nervous - it's been almost a year since we've met up for the first time, so it's something I gotta mentally prep myself for again.

But thankfully, a lot's happened since then that should help me in relaxing significantly once he gets here. I think we'll have fun - it's just a matter of me relaxing my nerves lol.

13 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Just a lack of being educated on the subject and I suppose having a large segment of society drill it into your head that trans woman are really just men at the end of the day and dating one makes you gay doesn't help. First of all, there is nothing wrong with being gay but when you know your sexuality, having it challenged is uncomfortable and insulting. It never made sense to me how anyone could look at a trans woman and think dude. It's like, how can this be gay if it feels so straight?

I think some communities got a different message, from different parts of the trans community. (also depends on the country and area's view on the topic)

Some parts of the trans community is not as clear as the rest, where you don't even know if they are a women or not and is trying to play a game.

While others is more clear about this is me going to "change my idenitity to who I want to be" even if there is issues around it, since tech is not as good to make a full change that some might want and the isssues around transitioning? But if getting the support and both can deal with things together in a way to move for a brighter future together? That sounds pretty fantastic?

Also if you are in an area with similar thoughts as back then, then I guess it means there might be times you have to push back, around the trans topic?

To religious or others that may target LGBT, for example at night etc, I guess it really depends on the area and a lot more factors.

Spoiler

Speaking of which, we actually had a pretty awesome and deep conversation tonight. We both opened up about a lot of things. We are meeting in person tomorrow and I think we both felt a little uneasy that we hadn't talked about some more personal issues that neither of us wanted to directly ask because we were nervous about treading into sensitive territory. It's funny because she admitted how nervous she is about tomorrow and I admitted my nervousness and from there, personal conversation just took off.

Sounds good! Hope you guys are able to get along, still more bonding time needed and not rushing things?

Good if you guys are able to move on, and carry that friendship and relationship.