LGBT community

carguy86

Likely better talking about stuff here than other more focused social media platforms...

Where the discussion of gender can bring the fire! and that some countries/communitites want to make their own view around that topic.

Also not bringing up a lot of other things and various stuff to attack one with. So I guess this thread can stay peaceful? 😛

As in staying in the general area of LGBT, than into a deeper rabbit hole.

9 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Likely better talking about stuff here than other more focused social media platforms...

Where the discussion of gender can bring the fire! and that some countries/communitites want to make their own view around that topic.

Also not bringing up a lot of other things and various stuff to attack one with. So I guess this thread can stay peaceful? 😛

This thread's had its... issues. I should know because I've been present for over half this thread's life.

At the same time, it also has birthed some interesting to really good things, like mine and @pinksnowbirdie's relationship. 

Yeah, it's an LGBT community alright lmao.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I hope I can get gay married in FFXIV some time soon lmao

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

This thread has a history of going down the rabbit hole. I wouldn’t recommend back reading lol :old-grin:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

This thread has a history of going down the rabbit hole. I wouldn’t recommend back reading lol :old-grin:

It's not for the faint of heart, if I were to say the least.

Yeah, so I'm not really part of the LGBT community but I recently met the absolutely most amazing trans girl ever. I'm 35, never dated anyone but cis gender women. Granted, I realized trans women are women a long time ago so I guess it isn't that surprising that I would date one. Not to me anyway. 

I met her online and we just had an instant connection. From the very first messages we started exchanging, they were just these huge novels in which we were geeking out over our shared passions. It quickly went from that to texting each other, to calling each other for like 1-2 hours per call, to Zoom calls, and now I'm going to actually meet her in person in a couple of days. 

We've both made it pretty clear we have romantic feelings for each other so I'm pretty pumped for our first meeting. We've been talking quite a lot for going on three weeks now so it really feels like it is time to move forward beyond online stuff.

It's almost scary how much we share in common. We are both huge car nerds (actually, she knows way more about them than I do and I find it very attractive lol), love anime, love WW2 and Cold War documentaries, love corny jokes and movies, both gamers, and we are both libertarians who vote Republican. Like, wow. 

I haven't quite told my parents yet who are not going to handle it well. The only reason I haven't told them yet though is because I don't feel like it is my place to reveal that unless she wants me to and we have yet to have that kind of conversation. Actually, her being trans really only came up one time in conversation so far and that was when she mentioned feeling uncomfortable revealing her political affiliation to other people in the community because conservatives in the LGBT community get a lot of hate.

I did mention her to my parents though. When I told my mom I met her online she was like "She could be a scammer.... or a transgender person". Yeah, I can already see how this is going to go. I told her I don't care if she is trans, I would still date her and it wouldn't bother me at all. That alone was a bit of shock to my mom. Whatever. At least the ground work is being laid.

Frankly, I really don't care what anyone thinks. I don't have any hang ups about dating a trans girl and I'm not embarrassed or ashamed like a lot of men are. I'm actually proud of her for what she has had to work through. I have a ton of respect for the courage it takes to be true to yourself like that. I actually want to tell my parents she is trans but I think I need to let things develop a bit with us before I ask her if I can reveal that.

It's kind of a weird feeling talking about her though because I'm totally cool with telling people she is trans but I don't feel like it is my place to reveal that. So I feel like I'm keeping a secret but not for the wrong reason. Idk. I guess part of the reason I want to actually tell people she is trans is because I feel so much respect for her which I find interesting because I realized she is the first girl I've had a thing with that I've really felt a deep respect for. Not that I wasn't respectful towards girls I've dated in the past but it's a different feeling here.

One thing I am a bit concerned about though. I haven't brought up anything about her being trans. I haven't asked her any questions or anything. Mainly because I view her as a normal girl who is just in a unique situation but also because I want her to feel like a normal girl. I figure, she can tell me what she wants to if she feels the need to. But I do worry that she might view this as me trying to avoid the subject or like I'm ignoring her identity somehow.

All I know is that she is pre-op. It's literally all I know. I don't know what she is planning, if she is even on HRT, or anything. I don't know if she is dysphoric or when she started her transition. I know a lot of guys just bombard trans women with questions like this so I've tried to avoid doing so. But I worry that given we've been talking a few weeks and I haven't even asked that she might think I'm uncomfortable with her being trans and that's why I haven't brought it up.

Sorry for the novel. I just really wanted to share. I'm so into this girl, I just wanted to talk about it. Only one IRL friend knows and the only reason he knows is because I told him I signed up on a trans dating site so it was obvious when I told him I met a girl lol. Great friend though. He has been totally supportive. 

Not sure if it is okay to ask for advice in this thread but I didn't want to make a whole new post for this. Hope it's okay.

5 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Yeah, so I'm not really part of the LGBT community but I recently met the absolutely most amazing trans girl ever. I'm 35, never dated anyone but cis gender women. Granted, I realized trans women are women a long time ago so I guess it isn't that surprising that I would date one. Not to me anyway. 

I met her online and we just had an instant connection. From the very first messages we started exchanging, they were just these huge novels in which we were geeking out over our shared passions. It quickly went from that to texting each other, to calling each other for like 1-2 hours per call, to Zoom calls, and now I'm going to actually meet her in person in a couple of days. 

We've both made it pretty clear we have romantic feelings for each other so I'm pretty pumped for our first meeting. We've been talking quite a lot for going on three weeks now so it really feels like it is time to move forward beyond online stuff.

It's almost scary how much we share in common. We are both huge car nerds (actually, she knows way more about them than I do and I find it very attractive lol), love anime, love WW2 and Cold War documentaries, love corny jokes and movies, both gamers, and we are both libertarians who vote Republican. Like, wow. 

I haven't quite told my parents yet who are not going to handle it well. The only reason I haven't told them yet though is because I don't feel like it is my place to reveal that unless she wants me to and we have yet to have that kind of conversation. Actually, her being trans really only came up one time in conversation so far and that was when she mentioned feeling uncomfortable revealing her political affiliation to other people in the community because conservatives in the LGBT community get a lot of hate.

I did mention her to my parents though. When I told my mom I met her online she was like "She could be a scammer.... or a transgender person". Yeah, I can already see how this is going to go. I told her I don't care if she is trans, I would still date her and it wouldn't bother me at all. That alone was a bit of shock to my mom. Whatever. At least the ground work is being laid.

Frankly, I really don't care what anyone thinks. I don't have any hang ups about dating a trans girl and I'm not embarrassed or ashamed like a lot of men are. I'm actually proud of her for what she has had to work through. I have a ton of respect for the courage it takes to be true to yourself like that. I actually want to tell my parents she is trans but I think I need to let things develop a bit with us before I ask her if I can reveal that.

It's kind of a weird feeling talking about her though because I'm totally cool with telling people she is trans but I don't feel like it is my place to reveal that. So I feel like I'm keeping a secret but not for the wrong reason. Idk. I guess part of the reason I want to actually tell people she is trans is because I feel so much respect for her which I find interesting because I realized she is the first girl I've had a thing with that I've really felt a deep respect for. Not that I wasn't respectful towards girls I've dated in the past but it's a different feeling here.

One thing I am a bit concerned about though. I haven't brought up anything about her being trans. I haven't asked her any questions or anything. Mainly because I view her as a normal girl who is just in a unique situation but also because I want her to feel like a normal girl. I figure, she can tell me what she wants to if she feels the need to. But I do worry that she might view this as me trying to avoid the subject or like I'm ignoring her identity somehow.

All I know is that she is pre-op. It's literally all I know. I don't know what she is planning, if she is even on HRT, or anything. I don't know if she is dysphoric or when she started her transition. I know a lot of guys just bombard trans women with questions like this so I've tried to avoid doing so. But I worry that given we've been talking a few weeks and I haven't even asked that she might think I'm uncomfortable with her being trans and that's why I haven't brought it up.

Sorry for the novel. I just really wanted to share. I'm so into this girl, I just wanted to talk about it. Only one IRL friend knows and the only reason he knows is because I told him I signed up on a trans dating site so it was obvious when I told him I met a girl lol. Great friend though. He has been totally supportive. 

Not sure if it is okay to ask for advice in this thread but I didn't want to make a whole new post for this. Hope it's okay.

One part stuck out more than anything else in there and it has to do about politics... Actually kinda cool to see that, it's really uncommon in the LGBT community.

Spoiler

"I realized", I don't quite get that, but when it comes to certain topics I would say trans women are trans women but can be acknowledged as a women.

And can be a heated discussion, when certain groupes want to distant the barrier of what is for making things work and is pleasing a small area that might not have anything to do with other trans people and they still get targeted with hate when it's nothing they did or have done?

5 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

- (snip) -

If you guys love each other and think it could work, it shouldn't be bad to try? Just don't move too quickly, since you guys haven't been together for "real" in person? So things can go either way, but hopefully it can work out and just think about doing the things you both love to do? Don't need to bombard about the topic around trans, but at least some knowledge should be good about where both stands or can help with and if of course you guys will stay together for longer.

Just find it a little weird that in the US it's like that "and we are both libertarians who vote Republican", red vs blue, it's all in the same soup but still wants to split it up, and spit it out. Very goop, nothing to see here.

tbh, on the subject of dating trans people

If I weren't already taken, I'd date a trans man. Not to say that I'm dissatisfied with my current relationship, far from it, especially 3 years in. But, if I were given the opportunity back in 2017?

Yeah. My only requirements are that you're younger than me (the closer to my age tho the better, and I will not date someone below 20), cis male or transmasc.

There'd be a lot to say about me dating a trans guy, but to boil it all down: I wouldn't be against it. Not at all, frankly. My problem would be finding the right one... needless to say, most people don't wanna hear me blab about why the PS2's sound hardware was poorly designed and why most games had to figure out stupid workarounds to utilize hardware-based sound processing.

heterosexual, but i dont hate our lgbt+ brothers, sisters, and pals.

I edit my posts quite often, please refresh your browser if you can.

Specs :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 4600G
RAM : 16GB 3200MHZ CL16 RAM

GPU : ASRock Challenger RX 6600
Display : Acer KA242Y
Mainboard : GIGABYTE B450M DS3H WIFI
Storage : 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
                240GB ADATA SU650NS38

2 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

There'd be a lot to say about me dating a trans guy, but to boil it all down: I wouldn't be against it. Not at all, frankly. My problem would be finding the right one... needless to say, most people don't wanna hear me blab about why the PS2's sound hardware was poorly designed and why most games had to figure out stupid workarounds to utilize hardware-based sound processing.

I blabbed about Final Fantasy XIV so much I got my boyfriend mildly interested in picking it up.

He picked it up after the Endwalker announcement showcase.

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

I blabbed about Final Fantasy XIV so much I got my boyfriend mildly interested in picking it up.

He picked it up after the Endwalker announcement showcase.

My boyfriend knows firsthand how bad of an influence I am. 

That's why he owns three copies of Gran Turismo 3.

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

As corny as this sounds to non-MMO players, I honestly can't wait until I do the Eden raids with my boyfriend lmao

4 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Yeah personally I wouldn’t want to because they weren’t born with a dick lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

lol
Always in case the first or second copy don't work :^)

5 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

lol
Always in case the first or second copy don't work :^)

Don't take too much influence of me, otherwise you'll end up with four copies of the SpongeBob Movie game, none of which are the original prints.

3 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Don't take too much influence of me, otherwise you'll end up with four copies of the SpongeBob Movie game, none of which are the original prints.

oofies would be cool if one of them was an original print kek

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

oofies would be cool if one of them was an original print kek

SLUS-20904P2 has more of a priority than SLUS-20904... well it did when I didn't have it.