LGBT community

carguy86
14 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Was stuck in horrendous traffic and made my flight with 5 minutes to spare. I hope my luck improves here while in Vegas. ?

Isn’t Vegas traffic similar to LA traffic? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Isn’t Vegas traffic similar to LA traffic? 

Oh the traffic I mentioned was back home in San Diego to catch the flight to Vegas from there. We're getting to be like LA traffic every year and that frightens me. Being a driver on the Strip sucks though with all the people walking passed green lights. Honking is the norm. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I've gotten back into drawing recently.  Really enjoying it.  A friend even encouraged/talked me into opening an instagram to post my drawings.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I've gotten back into drawing recently.  Really enjoying it.  A friend even encouraged/talked me into opening an instagram to post my drawings.

You realize you are now obligated to post a small sample of your drawings here now?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

50 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

You realize you are now obligated to post a small sample of your drawings here now?

I mean, sure, I can... give me a minute, I can post one or two

Warning, they aren’t good tho

58 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I mostly just draw Splatoon related stuff...

here’s a mix between inkling and octoling I did.

F68EFAA3-8097-4595-B329-3E8AECBCEBCB.thumb.jpeg.3b263fd1911e0ca903125ec71ddab9db.jpeg

This is one I’m the most proud of

AD53BD53-D589-45B7-AACB-2239A891183A.thumb.jpeg.0be672301afc0f7dedb813b1d779dea7.jpeg

This one I did for Pride Month, I just decided to make it a little more subtle than rainbows everywhere and her basically shouting “I’m bi!” I’d rather do the small flag like I did.

E466958B-AF6A-4FA4-8EAB-77DE8D360C1D.thumb.jpeg.b7c21d881fc7316ff8a89cb928a32f23.jpeg

I got more on my Instagram, but I literally started it not even a week ago.

just felt like doing something like this 

7797D25E-FB3F-4A47-A579-D54CD8C994DB.jpeg

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

I mean, sure, I can... give me a minute, I can post one or two

Warning, they aren’t good tho

Let us be the judge of that.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

I mostly just draw Splatoon related stuff...

here’s a mix between inkling and octoling I did.

F68EFAA3-8097-4595-B329-3E8AECBCEBCB.thumb.jpeg.3b263fd1911e0ca903125ec71ddab9db.jpeg

This is one I’m the most proud of

AD53BD53-D589-45B7-AACB-2239A891183A.thumb.jpeg.0be672301afc0f7dedb813b1d779dea7.jpeg

This one I did for Pride Month, I just decided to make it a little more subtle than rainbows everywhere and her basically shouting “I’m bi!” I’d rather do the small flag like I did.

E466958B-AF6A-4FA4-8EAB-77DE8D360C1D.thumb.jpeg.b7c21d881fc7316ff8a89cb928a32f23.jpeg

I got more on my Instagram, but I literally started it not even a week ago.

just felt like doing something like this 

7797D25E-FB3F-4A47-A579-D54CD8C994DB.jpeg

Those are actually pretty good. You seem to have a unique style, instead of just a clone of other styles.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

32 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Let us be the judge of that.

Those are actually pretty good. You seem to have a unique style, instead of just a clone of other styles.

Thanks!  I really appreciate it!

I actually tried to base my style of a few different ones blended together, and then given my own twist, so I'm glad it actually translates into my own unique style in the end!

7 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Thanks!  I really appreciate it!

I actually tried to base my style of a few different ones blended together, and then given my own twist, so I'm glad it actually translates into my own unique style in the end!

what software do you use?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

41 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what software do you use?

Adobe Illustrator Draw on my iPad.

Just now, Arika S said:

-snip-

Woah, that's really good!

Also, yeah, never cared much for doing self portraits myself.

I won't say I'm big and fat but no one has a monitor big enough to show a selfportrait of myself. :/

Jeannie

I'm mostly Hetero, but perhaps I got something of Bi/Pansexual.

I mean, I usually prefer the opposite gender, but if at any case I ever meet somebody of my same gender that is really nice, well-mannered and attractive, I wouldn't say no (I usually tend to put love and care before sexual preference)

That being said, I got LOTS of LGBT friends (some of them close ones) ?

So my buddy and I were in Minot over the weekend to finally see Godzilla.  Fucking amazing.  Loved every minute of it.

Also got to shoot some new guns I got finally this weekend.  My buddy took a video of me firing my CETME.

At Barnes and Noble we were trying to find some pride sticker.  I actually don't know why but we were.  We found a gay bible and a gay cookie that was harder than concrete instead.  Seriously, this cookie was hard AF.

Also, there was this stack of books.  The way it was stacked made it look like one big book.  I pushed it out of the way and the whole stack moved together.  When I tried to move it back, the books went flying.

9 minutes ago, Dark_wizzie said:

Hi ?

Well, "Hi!" yourself, stranger! ?

Jeannie

Wew, I changed my username.

I feel like for the most part online it's best not to reveal or hint I'm trans. It always causes somebody to have a problem with me, which just causes more problems than I want to deal with.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I said I'd rant about this... so I will.  I think I can rant about this here.

I'll still put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

So I have a friend... well.. a group of four friends.  We met through Splatoon and made a group chat and everything.  We were part of the discord server related to Splatoon, the server was the official server for a subreddit.

So one of my friends here, we got close.  As in, we end up looking at each other as brother-sister type thing... well brother-brother now.  Anyways.  They were were a mod on the subreddit and server.  They did the most work out of any of the mods/admins.  Both the subreddit's and server's set of rules, layout of the discord server, even most of it's activity.  (Well, our group had the most activity.)

So they came out as trans.  They asked myself and another friend in the group to help him announce it.  He wasn't looking for approval or admiration.  He just wanted to come out of the closet, and felt that a public forum on discord would be the easiest way to start.  Fine and dandy.  They're a friend, so we decide to help. 

Later that day, the server admin (the server had one admin and the rest were moderators) and DM's my friend.  I'm paraphrasing, but basically states, "I refuse to accept you as anything but female.  I will continue to call you female.  I won't refer to you as male.  I don't want to disrespect you, but I find it disrespectful towards my principles and religion to call you a he."
Again, paraphrasing the exchange:

Friend: Well, why not?  I'm not saying you have to accept it, but what about as respect?

Admin: We're in disagreement on this, so there's no server drama, I'm kicking you off the mod team of the subreddit and server.

Friend: I don't really want to leave, I've set up this server and I don't want to leave the community I care about.  Can we compromise?  You say you don't want to disrespect me, how about referring to me with gender neutral pronouns?  This way you aren't disrespecting me and I'm not disrespecting you?  Seems pretty fair?"

The admin said he'd contemplate this proposal and get back to my friend.

About a day later he does get back, but says he's refusing it.

Admin: I'm denying this request.  I will leave the server instead though, as you are correct that you do the most work out of server/subreddit staff.

Friend: What?  That ain't fair either.  You do a lot of work also.  It's not fair that you have to leave or I have to leave.  I even gave you a compromise that didn't insult anyone.

Admin: No, that won't work.  It's that or I segregate the server.  

Friend: We can't come to some kind of actual solution to this?

Admin: No.

So the admin goes to the mod chat on the discord, and states he is leaving.  He posts about a 3 paragraph post as to why he's leaving, and the entire time refers to my friend with female pronouns.

One of the other mods says that they are sad to see them go, and doesn't know why he's being this way.

The other mod starts attacking my friend.  States that he's doing it for attention, he's wanting to be special.  States that, "this server is about splatoon, not your gay adventures." (Keep in mind my friend only came out cause they wanted to try coming out of the closet on a public forum, as they are still nervous coming out to their family, wasn't looking for approval from anyone on the server, just respect).

Then this other mod started insinuating that my other friend and myself, the ones who helped my friend with coming out... were wanting to get into his pants.

Then he was like, "trans people don't exist in any capacity anyways, you're making it up."
Then said, "you're wanting to fake depression, as mostly men are depressed. Welcome to the club" (that's the exact quote on that one, I dunno where he was reaching with that.)

My friend wiped his hands of the server and said he was leaving.  He did.  Since we (the group chat) saw the screenshots of all this.  We all left the server ourselves.

The like.. two other active members on the server noticed that the most active mod left and asked.  The admin made an announcement that was highly doctored that showed himself and the mod that attacked my friend in positive light, and that all this was my friend's fault.  (Keep in mind my friend tried to compromise and even said that he didn't want the admin to leave the server or subreddit.)

Figuring that in the past, this server always worked on transparency, I'm the one who went too far.  I basically made a zip folder of the screenshots.. sent them to the active members.  Told them they should know why the most active mod/member of the server is leaving.

The Admin DMed me and tried to accuse me of several things.  I called him out on his behavior and his reasoning behind everything, so his response was to ban me from the server.

My friend was also kicked off the mod team on the subreddit, and subsequently banned from it.

During all of this... the admin was treating this entire thing like it was some exchange/transaction for getting a bank loan, over like... talking to another person with thoughts and feelings.

I just wanted to get this out there.

The splatoon community is usually pretty inclusive and accepting.  My friend wasn't looking for admiration or support from anyone there, he just wanted to get this off his chest.  He figured a public forum where before all this, he got along with everyone and was generally easy going would be the easiest way to start coming out.

Instead he was forced out and attacked.

Do not spend more than $100 for a router/wireless access point if you’re living alone and your apartment is small. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside