LGBT community

carguy86

Can't believe I'm gonna be 27 dang years old next year

On 12/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, handymanshandle said:

Honestly, your friends have to know their limits. They can't just randomly hit on anyone and everyone they assume is available and it's massively disrespectful for them to get mad at you because you turned them down.

thanks my guy

honestly i feel bad about it, i don't mind people, and i feel shit if i lead people in the wrong directionm but im a dumb david bowie not a freddie mercury.  i honestly wish for the day it just doesn't matter because i haven't met nicer and deeper people to hang out with then usually those in the lgbt communtiy, even if it isn't a scene i should call my own, there is some sense of trying to find one owns way in a broken world i relate to if nothing else, just feels poopy when doing so could sadly break a friends trust, expectations, etc. 

I haven't gotten to open presents at home yet, but my job, some bosses and coworkers gave out stuff.

I got a $10 Subway gift card, a $15 Bearscatt gift card (they make donuts), the chief deputy is also a bee farmer, and he gave us all a jar of honey, and a coworker made me a cool hat!

image0.jpg

Sorry for blurry pic.

Also, one of my coworkers doesn't like subway, so I got her $10 gift card also.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Heya, panromantic homosexual here. I consider myself agender, if that matters, and don't have strong feelings about pronouns. I'm biologically female, so I guess 'she/her' would be the recommended convention.

No dramatic realization or coming out stories to tell, I'm afraid. I had feelings for a friend in high school and I accepted that part of myself pretty easily. Our friendship didn't work out in the long run, though. My mother seemed pretty neutral when I mustered up the courage to tell her, but I've been getting the feeling that she'd prefer it if I married a man. Unfortunately, I have zero intentions of marrying a guy. The concept simply doesn't appeal to me in the long-term.

On a brighter note, I'm glad the LTT forums have an LGBTQA+ thread! I'm new here, and little things like this really matter to help settle people into the community. ?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Not sure if i'm gay or bi, tbh. I love some men but like, I don't know if i'm attracted to them, ya know? It's a bit weirder than that, but i'd rather not get NSFW

Whoa... I got one of those weird 2 AM thoughts, please bear with me. I think there's a philosophical question in there somewhere.

My friends and I joke around that I'm married to my car (I started the joke). It's legit, right? I mean, there's a contract and legal documents and everything! More importantly, I love her/him/it! (I have no idea what my car wants to identify as.) THE FEELINGS ARE REAL! Mine are, at the very least. ANYWAY, I'm "in a relationship." Here's the conundrum:

• My friends "flirt" with my car sometimes and I have mixed feelings about it. I think they just like to see me mock offended, and I don't bear them any ill will about it. It's all in good jest, after all! But the thought of my car "liking" someone else's touch stirs an odd jealousy in me.
  • While I am married to my car, I aim to be faithful to the best of my ability and I have no intention of "cheating" on it with another car. Sometimes my gaze is drawn to particularly eye-catching ones, but they're just eye-candy. I don't interact with them.
  • But see, I am interested in finding and settling down with a significant other. Uh, a Human S.O., just so there isn't any confusion.

Would I... be "cheating" on my car if decide to go out with someone? I could turn our monogamous "marriage" into a polyamorous one, assuming it would agree to it. Legally speaking, no where in the contract does it say that either it or I have to remain with one partner for life. But, like, morally speaking? I feel like there's some inequality in the way I'm treating our relationship. I'm not okay with my car being handled by some stranger (I might let an S.O. touch it, though), and I'm expecting my car to accept that I might, uh, take a spin with someone else.

Should I reevaluate my thinking? If I get my car's consent, would everything be magically okay? ...How would you even get consent from an entity that has no perceivable way to convey its thoughts? UGH, TOO META. I'm a little worried now.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

11 hours ago, Ashkii said:

Not sure if i'm gay or bi, tbh. I love some men but like, I don't know if i'm attracted to them, ya know? It's a bit weirder than that, but i'd rather not get NSFW

12 hours ago, Eschew said:

Heya, panromantic homosexual here. I consider myself agender, if that matters, and don't have strong feelings about pronouns. I'm biologically female, so I guess 'she/her' would be the recommended convention.

No dramatic realization or coming out stories to tell, I'm afraid. I had feelings for a friend in high school and I accepted that part of myself pretty easily. Our friendship didn't work out in the long run, though. My mother seemed pretty neutral when I mustered up the courage to tell her, but I've been getting the feeling that she'd prefer it if I married a man. Unfortunately, I have zero intentions of marrying a guy. The concept simply doesn't appeal to me in the long-term.

On a brighter note, I'm glad the LTT forums have an LGBTQA+ thread! I'm new here, and little things like this really matter to help settle people into the community. ?

Hey!, I'm glad people have started posting again! 

Anyways hi I'm a 31 year old transwomen, I started transitioning in 2018, and my best advice is to just do what feels natural, you not going to figure out your sexulity or gender identity  in one day, I didn't it took me almost 30 years lol. 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

9 hours ago, Eschew said:

Whoa... I got one of those weird 2 AM thoughts, please bear with me. I think there's a philosophical question in there somewhere.

My friends and I joke around that I'm married to my car (I started the joke). It's legit, right? I mean, there's a contract and legal documents and everything! More importantly, I love her/him/it! (I have no idea what my car wants to identify as.) THE FEELINGS ARE REAL! Mine are, at the very least. ANYWAY, I'm "in a relationship." Here's the conundrum:

• My friends "flirt" with my car sometimes and I have mixed feelings about it. I think they just like to see me mock offended, and I don't bear them any ill will about it. It's all in good jest, after all! But the thought of my car "liking" someone else's touch stirs an odd jealousy in me.
  • While I am married to my car, I aim to be faithful to the best of my ability and I have no intention of "cheating" on it with another car. Sometimes my gaze is drawn to particularly eye-catching ones, but they're just eye-candy. I don't interact with them.
  • But see, I am interested in finding and settling down with a significant other. Uh, a Human S.O., just so there isn't any confusion.

Would I... be "cheating" on my car if decide to go out with someone? I could turn our monogamous "marriage" into a polyamorous one, assuming it would agree to it. Legally speaking, no where in the contract does it say that either it or I have to remain with one partner for life. But, like, morally speaking? I feel like there's some inequality in the way I'm treating our relationship. I'm not okay with my car being handled by some stranger (I might let an S.O. touch it, though), and I'm expecting my car to accept that I might, uh, take a spin with someone else.

Should I reevaluate my thinking? If I get my car's consent, would everything be magically okay? ...How would you even get consent from an entity that has no perceivable way to convey its thoughts? UGH, TOO META. I'm a little worried now.

Hey I think I know what your asking so allow me to explain. 

Remember consent is key, unless your is Okey with you going out with another persion, that maybe an issue, but more importantly communication is key, gotta make sure your both on the the right lane so to speak. 

Does that help :)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

7 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

Remember consent is key, unless your is Okey with you going out with another persion, that maybe an issue, but more importantly communication is key, gotta make sure your both on the the right lane so to speak. 

Does that help :)

Yeah! I didn't think about the communication part.

I can't believe I'm asking for human-car relationship advice on a tech forum. The Internet is wonderful.

8 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

gotta make sure your both on the the right lane

I'm not sure if that was intentional but I love the way you phrased it. A+

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

17 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Yeah! I didn't think about the communication part.

I can't believe I'm asking for human-car relationship advice on a tech forum. The Internet is wonderful.

I'm not sure if that was intentional but I love the way you phrased it. A+

ah don't worry I understand your trying to keep a private situation private no worries :)

and yes it was intentional ;)

30 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

ah don't worry I understand your trying to keep a private situation private no worries :)

Wait, wait, wait, I'm literally talking about my car.

Four wheels. Four doors. Steering wheel. Engine. Trunk.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

3 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Wait, wait, wait, I'm literally talking about my car.

Four wheels. Four doors. Steering wheel. Engine. Trunk.

hmm well the internets an interesting place then right ?  Ive met people who have literal feelings for animals, its all cool.

you do you :)

Hey there. Anyone interested if a share a dream I had when I was 16 with you all? I don't mean a "what-do-you-wanna-be" dream, I mean, a literal, nighttime dream. Thought it might be relevant here, since I just call it "That Gay Dream" in my head.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

9 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. Anyone interested if a share a dream I had when I was 16 with you all? I don't mean a "what-do-you-wanna-be" dream, I mean, a literal, nighttime dream. Thought it might be relevant here, since I just call it "That Gay Dream" in my head.

feel free to if you want :)

...Everyone's asleep now, right? Yes? Good. Then I'm posting my gay dream thingy.

I wrote this on May 28, 2013. Everything contained inside the spoiler is a 99% copy-pasta from my 16-year old self, 1% proof-read by current me, and written for an audience of two (my role-model mentor and my future self). The reason I still have this is because I've saved it for posterity. It's also one of the few dreams that I remember fondly.

Spoiler

A ball, a feast, and possibly a promenade. The hall is grand and spacious, with either ends of the room stretching out to eternity. The walls are hidden by the large crowd gathered here tonight and the numerous tables, chairs, and pillars that make up the other half of the company. The pillars appear to piece the heavens, holding up the lofty ceiling embellished in intricate designs of white and cream. A majestic chandelier hangs from the enclosed skies, haughty in its golden height. It looms over the speckled audience of reds, whites, blues, pale yellows, and blacks, with modestly colored dresses intermingling among refined black suits. In the center of the hall, a magnificently plentiful buffet is laid out on tables cloaked in white. The metallic shine of the chafing dishes draws a dashed line of silver through the light carpeted background, starkly in contrast with the tables and chairs that dot the room with white.

I’m there, sitting at one of the many round tables that are garbed in silky white and carefully decorated with various adornments of white and beige, all of which are complimented with gold. A beautiful selection of food is arrayed on porcelain white plates that are arranged in the middle. At the very center, a single rose, pale peach in color, peeps out from its mirrored vase. A shame its beauty is dimmed by the awful crowd, I think, and glance around at our party of fools to reinforce my point, all of whom are either drunk under the atmosphere or simply, happily, drunk. Slowly, I pick away at the food on my plate, with movements fueled by disinterest. Why I am I even here? I ponder. Was there a reason? If there was, I don’t remember it now.

As I begin to regret my impulsive decision to attend the reception, a voice offers some relief from the agonizing boredom.

“Excuse me, sir. Are you...”

At the sound, an energy returns to my deadened body and I turn. A man, dressed in black with brown hair smartly gelled back, addresses me. His posture is slightly bowed, his head tilted downwards with an arm below his stomach, suggesting that he is a servant. I don’t question this, despite the out-of-place, 19th Century gesture. I then realize that he’s mentioned my name, and I answer in return.

“I am a messenger, from Emma. She has asked you to provide her with a ring.”

The name seems familiar, though I’m unable to associate a face or figure to it. I don’t dawdle around, rising from my seat to find ‘Emma’. No one from the table protests against or appears to acknowledge my leave. It doesn't matter - I have a task to complete. While weaving through the colored crowds, I procure a small, delicate diamond ring from the pockets of my suit jacket, certain that this is the ring the messenger was referring to. How strange.

Who is ‘Emma’? Still, nothing comes to mind. Searching through the crowds, I try to find a face that jogs my memory. A mysterious determination sets in as I look for an unknown figure, my grip on the ring so tight that it cuts into my skin. I have to find her.

My distorted reflection greets me in the silver mirror as I end up near the buffet section. I’m surprised that I’m not drowned in sweat, running out of breath, or keeling over. In fact, I seem absolutely normal, though I must have run a mile. As I stand there, admiring my own achievement, a gentle voice catches me off-guard.

My name. She says my name with a sound so soft and sweet, it’s as if she’s just sung a song. I turn.

My heart flutters, my eyes widen, and my lips part ever-so-slightly. I almost lose my hold on her ring. It’s just her, and me.

Her blonde hair flows out behind her in curls, resting on the shoulders of her white Victorian dress, adorned with streams of pale blue. Around her neck is a simple choker: a ribbon of white inlaid with an oval crystal within a silver frame. Elegant white gossamer runs down from her elbows to the tips of her fingers, with her hands in front of her figure.

She’s smiling. It’s one of those rare smiles that we don’t see nowadays, one of those genuine smiles that reflects the purity of one’s hearts, where their eyes sparkle with life and happiness. She moves, each step slow, careful, and precise, each step muffled by the carpeted floor. When she’s an arm’s distance away from me, I suddenly remember the ring.

As hand her the ring, I stutter and stammer - my words, uncoordinated and unorganized, tumble out. A startling fear and dread sinks in as I anticipate her frown of disapproval at my incompetence. But her aura remains warm and pure. The distance between us has shortened considerably, and we’re close enough to kiss. Did we? A black, hazy cloud of darkness and uncertainty envelopes the memory. I do notice that my words have stopped spilling out, and her brilliant blue eyes contain a childish humor in them.

She takes a step back, with a light blush rising from her cheeks. Her smile soon returns, along with an outstretched hand. An invitation.

“Would you like to follow me?”

I don’t ask where she plans to take me - already, I have a faint idea of where it might be. I become entranced, enchanted, enthralled by the prospect of going, staring at her gloved hands, her delicate fingers waiting. I reach out, to take her hand in mine. I could feel the warmth radiating from her, an aura of pure light. Our fingers nearly touch - I admire the stark contrast between my wavering hand, and hers that remain steady...

The sound of the doorbell violently rips me apart from my dream, the one peaceful, gentle, calming dream that’s soothed my mind since I've been bombarded with exams. I can still hear my heart fluttering, as if it were drunk from the hallucinating atmosphere. Reaching out beside me, I check the time with my phone.

8:56 AM

I shut my eyes with a long, drawn-out sigh. I overslept.

The text above is inspired from a dream I just had. Most of what I remember from the dream is reflected in the story, though the ring was not included - I replaced the original object with something less pathetic. Those who study Psychology may be familiar with the term 'Secondary Elaboration' - this is when the dreamer adds or alters aspects of the dream to make is seem less nonsensical.

• I'm not sure what I meant by "chafing dishes," but I left it alone because 16-year old me must have had a reason to write that.
  • The original object was a fish. No, no, no, please don't ask me why. Even I don't know the reason.
  • Yes, my writing patterns are still as unnecessarily elaborate then as it is now.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

• 3 weeks later...

Well...

I came clean to my mom. I let her know about how @pinksnowbirdie is my boyfriend and that we've been talking for over 3 years. 

It went a lot better than expected. Now I just have to see how my dad feels about it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Well...

I came clean to my mom. I let her know about how @pinksnowbirdie is my boyfriend and that we've been talking for over 3 years. 

It went a lot better than expected. Now I just have to see how my dad feels about it.

I'm glad coming out to your Mom worked as well as it did. I'm hoping it goes at least as well witth your Dad. My parents never were able to fully accept me for who I am.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

43 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm glad coming out to your Mom worked as well as it did. I'm hoping it goes at least as well witth your Dad. My parents never were able to fully accept me for who I am.

Guess this is a good segway to say that that went well too.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

26 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Guess this is a good segway to say that that went well too.

?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

This is gonna be a long one, so strap in!     

So I'm pan-sexual, but original came out as Bisexual because at the time I'd come to realize I liked it all, I didn't know there were people who were non-binary and so on, I was in the 7th Grade, so I was like 13, I'm 22 now. I also didn't know Bisexual existed until my friend who was a year or two older came out to me that he was bisexual, and like I was raised as I hope most of us here were, to be accepting of people unless what they were doing would cause harm to someone.  So to me it was no big deal.

As time went on I started to kind of like have feelings and really think about things so he and I tried dating, and we even kissed a couple times, and for some reason it felt right. Though us dating didn't last, I realized I loved it just as much as being with someone of the opposite gender.

So I came out to my future stepdad for some reason first, I don't know my reasoning but I think it was partially because I could see he and my mom being married and I figured it'd be good to get that out of the way.

Then I told my mom because growing up with a mom who believed in something but wasn't super religious made it seem the easier. But I came out to her and at first she did give the whole thing of, it could just be a phase, which I mean 9 years later I really don't think it was a phase. If it was I'm still going through it, At the time I felt like it was her trying to dismiss it sort of, but I came later on in life to learn that it was simply the fact that I mean we live in Tennessee in the bible belt, and I mean while it has gotten easier its still not the easiest thing in the world to grow up LGBTQ+ in the south. So she was worried I'd be bullied and stuff.

I then told my dad who not until maybe a week before he passed away when I was a junior in high school, came to like accept it I guess? I don't really know if he ever did, but we also had other issues and differences that made that kind of hard. 

I was never really out about it until I was out of high school, other then with some really close friends and all my online friends, with the thing being I always knew that I wouldn't see any of these people, in a way that mattered anyway, out in the real world. (Which for my brothers and sisters and such that are still in school, do remember that you won't see most of those people out in the real world, unless you live in a tiny town.)

I came to realize that I was pan-sexual through in all honesty being a furry and having a lot of friends say that's what they were and then learning that there are people who are non-binary and gender-fluid, and I found that I identified with that better. 

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower