LGBT community

carguy86
9 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Apparently I wasn't very good at pretending to be straight after all... 😬

Welcome!

Hope you're having an intensely gay day~

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, duncannah said:

I'm glad I never needed to pretend - everything else about me hides my sexuality pretty well.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, duncannah said:

Me during freshman year of college (2008), even after having a girlfriend

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

If all goes as planned, @pinksnowbirdie will be down here again in a couple of weeks.

Not so relevant:

HdXqM.png

Im gonna work extra so I can hopefully rack in enough dough to try and make it happen :^

I sorta underestimated how bad the government is at doing stuff for the people, like I knew it was bad but holy hell lmao
The estimated timeline of mid march for stimmy money is just ridiculous.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

First off I want to say I'm sorry this is so long, but I didn't know how to make it shorter tbh.

Hello,

My name is James Haberland and I am gay. My pronouns are He/Him.

My coming out story starts back in my sophomore year of high school. This is when I started to have my first thoughts that I might be gay, but I kept denying it. Then over the summer before my junior year of high school I accepted that I'm gay. I started to become very stressed and anxious because I was extremely worried about what my parents and my schoolmates would think when I cam out. This stress and anxiety caused my grades to drop, and my parents became unhappy and worried. They kept bugging me about what was going on and why my grades were slipping. After the end of the first grading period they forced me to tell them what was going on I really didn't want to, but I did. I told them that I was gay and I was crying pretty bad because I was really worried. After that they told me it was okay and that they were okay with me being gay. That made me really happy because they are my parents and I wanted their support. Tho even after telling them I still was stressed and then became really depressed because I was very lonely and sad. The start of this year (my senior year) I wasn't doing good at all. I failed out of four of my classes because I was extremely depressed and stressed. That was last semester, however this semester I'm doing much better in all my classes, I've started an antidepressant which is helping, and I have found a lovely boyfriend to keep me company.

9 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

First off I want to say I'm sorry this is so long, but I didn't know how to make it shorter tbh.

Hello,

My name is James Haberland and I am gay. My pronouns are He/Him.

My coming out story starts back in my sophomore year of high school. This is when I started to have my first thoughts that I might be gay, but I kept denying it. Then over the summer before my junior year of high school I accepted that I'm gay. I started to become very stressed and anxious because I was extremely worried about what my parents and my schoolmates would think when I cam out. This stress and anxiety caused my grades to drop, and my parents became unhappy and worried. They kept bugging me about what was going on and why my grades were slipping. After the end of the first grading period they forced me to tell them what was going on I really didn't want to, but I did. I told them that I was gay and I was crying pretty bad because I was really worried. After that they told me it was okay and that they were okay with me being gay. That made me really happy because they are my parents and I wanted their support. Tho even after telling them I still was stressed and then became really depressed because I was very lonely and sad. The start of this year (my senior year) I wasn't doing good at all. I failed out of four of my classes because I was extremely depressed and stressed. That was last semester, however this semester I'm doing much better in all my classes, I've started an antidepressant which is helping, and I have found a lovely boyfriend to keep me company.

Hoover, huh? Not too far from where I'm at about two hours north. 

I remember my later years of high school. They weren't very fun. Very little of it was induced by my sexuality, thankfully, but I kinda fell into a shitty slump that I've only been clawing back at the past six months. 

You're gonna make it. If my dumb ass can pull myself up from my bootstraps to better myself, so can you.

Just now, PlayStation 2 said:

Hoover, huh? Not too far from where I'm at about two hours north. 

I remember my later years of high school. They weren't very fun. Very little of it was induced by my sexuality, thankfully, but I kinda fell into a shitty slump that I've only been clawing back at the past six months. 

You're gonna make it. If my dumb ass can pull myself up from my bootstraps to better myself, so can you.

Yeah I'm working on getting myself out of the bad state I was in. I've made decent progress already, but I still have a way to go. I also can't wait for college cause, it will allow me some more time to figure out exactly who I am. I'm also hoping that I can make some more friends who will be there for me when I need them.

2 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Yeah I'm working on getting myself out of the bad state I was in. I've made decent progress already, but I still have a way to go. I also can't wait for college cause, it will allow me some more time to figure out exactly who I am. I'm also hoping that I can make some more friends who will be there for me when I need them.

Shit's not easy, lemme tell ya. But nothing is more liberating than breaking out of the depression cycle. 

I've told the story elsewhere, but a few months ago, I broke down at my (and my brother's) work for no real reason. In that breaking down of emotions, it was an interesting interaction that led me to a new light: one that offered a future, even if it's one that could change due to my own flexibility. 

Life gets tough, but keep pushing on and you'll be given your dues. Figuring out who you are will come with time. Some kinda know who they are pretty quickly, while others gotta figure out who they are. You'll find your pathway, you'll find your true friends and you're worth your weight in gold, if anyone ever gives you shit.

2 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Shit's not easy, lemme tell ya. But nothing is more liberating than breaking out of the depression cycle. 

I've told the story elsewhere, but a few months ago, I broke down at my (and my brother's) work for no real reason. In that breaking down of emotions, it was an interesting interaction that led me to a new light: one that offered a future, even if it's one that could change due to my own flexibility. 

Life gets tough, but keep pushing on and you'll be given your dues. Figuring out who you are will come with time. Some kinda know who they are pretty quickly, while others gotta figure out who they are. You'll find your pathway, you'll find your true friends and you're worth your weight in gold, if anyone ever gives you shit.

Thanks so much for your advice, I'll try my best to do that.

I can't wait to start my Computer Science major in college. It's the main thing that's keeping me going at this time.

1 hour ago, jrhaberland said:

Snip

Hey, let me tell you something. You've got a long journey ahead of you, and you know what it's called? Life. It's full of little bumps and hassles, but you'll get through it all. I say that as someone who has always struggled (sometimes a lot) with depression and anxiety. I still struggle to this day, but I've learned to deal with everything. You're in high school. You're still figuring out who you are, and that's perfectly fine. Don't let anyone get in the way of you being who you are and who you want to be. Even if you're unsure of yourself at one point or another just know that time really does help you figure things out. I spent a lot of time thinking, and a lot of time thinking about things I wish I did, and about things I wish I could do. I still do. But over the years I've come to realize just how much time can actually help. 

I'll stop rambling now. I hope this was helpful (it probably wasn't).

Keep doing well in your classes!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

6 hours ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Hey, let me tell you something. You've got a long journey ahead of you, and you know what it's called? Life. It's full of little bumps and hassles, but you'll get through it all. I say that as someone who has always struggled (sometimes a lot) with depression and anxiety. I still struggle to this day, but I've learned to deal with everything. You're in high school. You're still figuring out who you are, and that's perfectly fine. Don't let anyone get in the way of you being who you are and who you want to be. Even if you're unsure of yourself at one point or another just know that time really does help you figure things out. I spent a lot of time thinking, and a lot of time thinking about things I wish I did, and about things I wish I could do. I still do. But over the years I've come to realize just how much time can actually help. 

I'll stop rambling now. I hope this was helpful (it probably wasn't).

Keep doing well in your classes!

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice. I'm currently trying to stop myself from thinking about what I should've done in the past, but what I can do in the future. I'm trying to do this so that I can learn to focus on always moving forward, so I don't get stuck because of something in the past.

@jrhaberland Your story sounds extremely similar to what I have been and likely will continue to experience throughout HS. Supportive parents but still not coming out to them, scared about what friends will say, etc. Was reading through it last night and basically just saw myself in it.

3 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice. I'm currently trying to stop myself from thinking about what I should've done in the past, but what I can do in the future. I'm trying to do this so that I can learn to focus on always moving forward, so I don't get stuck because of something in the past.

Love this mentality! It's always hard to not think about what happened in the past, but when that happens, I like to just immediately think "ok, what has that changed that is affecting me right now?" and usually the answer to that question is "fuck all." Helps keep me grounded and not overthinking minor stuff from four years ago lmao

Wishing you the best in comp sci. I'm hoping to go into electrical engineering myself although just a year or two ago I was also heavily considering comp sci.

Also, I guess this is my first post in this thread, huh? I guess it was gonna happen sooner later, lol.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

@jrhaberland Your story sounds extremely similar to what I have been and likely will continue to experience throughout HS. Supportive parents but still not coming out to them, scared about what friends will say, etc. Was reading through it last night and basically just saw myself in it.

Love this mentality! It's always hard to not think about what happened in the past, but when that happens, I like to just immediately think "ok, what has that changed that is affecting me right now?" and usually the answer to that question is "fuck all." Helps keep me grounded and not overthinking minor stuff from four years ago lmao

Wishing you the best in comp sci. I'm hoping to go into electrical engineering myself although just a year or two ago I was also heavily considering comp sci.

Also, I guess this is my first post in this thread, huh? I guess it was gonna happen sooner later, lol.

I've been expecting you.

3 hours ago, jrhaberland said:

That's the spirit! The future holds a lot of things you just can't see yet, and I know that sounds like your average response to things like this, but at least for me it was definitely true. Several years ago I was in some dark times, times I'm glad I've moved on from. If you ever need to talk to anyone just know that we're all very friendly (unless you make @PlayStation 2 mad), and you can feel free to message at any time. Good luck!

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Welcome!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

36 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

That's the spirit! The future holds a lot of things you just can't see yet, and I know that sounds like your average response to things like this, but at least for me it was definitely true. Several years ago I was in some dark times, times I'm glad I've moved on from. If you ever need to talk to anyone just know that we're all very friendly (unless you make @PlayStation 2 mad), and you can feel free to message at any time. Good luck!

Welcome!

Thanks so much, I might take you up on that chat eventually depending on how things go for me the rest of the semester. I’ll also try my best to not make @PlayStation 2 mad at me.

Just now, jrhaberland said:

Thanks so much, I might take you up on that chat eventually depending on how things go for me the rest of the semester. I’ll also try my best to not make @PlayStation 2 mad at me.

Not that it'll be a problem with most people in this thread, but yeah, annoy me enough and I don't hold back. 

Moderators on the Forum is proof of that, if you need some evidence.

5 minutes ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Not that it'll be a problem with most people in this thread, but yeah, annoy me enough and I don't hold back. 

Moderators on the Forum is proof of that, if you need some evidence.

Or your occasional status updates. I won't name the targets.