Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

not building one :(

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Used screws that were too long to on the motherboard tray once and just cut them off with tin snips on the back... now they don't come out 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I accidentaly installed windows in 32-bit and i dont want to fix it

I did that recently but its not that hard to fix if you just upgrade it will keep all your files.

2 mistakes

When filling res, I spilled water in my computer. Works fine still.

After entire loop is done, I realized I forgot to remove the plastic coating from CPU block

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The worst thing i ever did was when i was installing the CPU in my main rig, As i was installing it i didn't realize that you only needed to use a super small amount of thermal paste so i smothered that mother with thermal paste, as i was about to install the CPU i heard a noise come from the room next to me. The reason i was startled was because i lived alone and didnt have any pets. So i grabbed my baseball bat and went to find the source of the noise and turns out it was coming from the guest room. i walked into the room as carefully as i could and did not make a single noise. When i walked in i saw a small dark figure in the dark room so my first reaction was to just start swinging and beating at it, about halfway through i realized that it was my neighbors cat, Whiskers but i could not stop. I kept hammering away like some dark beast has awoken inside of me. After i was finished the Half the room was covered in blood. i stood contemplating what a monster i have become. I decided that i will just go to bed and worry about what happened the next morning. I awoke the next morning in a cold sweat because i was having nightmares of what had transpired before. Then i realize the most horrific thing. I just left my cpu out all night with a crap ton of thermal paste on it. The cpu was ruined. FML

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Also the most annoying part about pc building. Fitting that damn IO shield into the case properly.

IO Shield...oh, don't forget it!

Left mine off originally but manged to get the damn thing on.

I think that they are hard to get on but that grounding though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The EK CPU Backplate didnt correctly fit the screws so i just said, fuck it, who needs a backplate anyways and now its on there with 4 screws and no backplate :P

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

worst thing I did was after finding out I had a doa mobo, forgot the remove the backplate from my non stock cooler. I searched everwhere when the new motherboard arrived Only to receive a mail they would be send back the backplate later :P

The other day i spent 3 hours trying to get a display signal after replacing my PSU fan (with a PWM Noctua).

...I had forgotten to plug in the 8-pin CPU power cable.

It happens to all of us :D

I'v had AMD/ATI gpu's in my gaming machine for the past 6 years with out any issues. Decided to buy a 970 to see how it is on the "green" side, I have regretted that purchase since day 1. 

Should have went with a 290x instead. Stuttering, Drivers issues, games crashing....and now "RAMgate" >.<

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

I got a chassis with little cable management.

[witty signature]

i wanted to connect front usb 3.0. Pushed too hard and managed to bend one pin. Could straighten it later and it works, but still.

my led strip is connected via molex. Ive plugged it in at the most far end of the cabel (has 2 molex plugs on there, used the secound, seen from psu) and wondered hy it won't work. One week after, playing with the thought of RMA ing, it struck me, that there could be no electricity.

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

I/O shield ground pins getting inside the Ethernet port.

And dropping my Core i3 while trying to take it out from its plastic shell.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

my hp laptop. its the worse shit ever, bought it last year, box said 64bit system. I have a 32....... its horrible in all ways. the screen is weird too...

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Fake apple earbuds, they fell apart when i took them out of the box. To be fair they only cost 3$ so...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

my hp laptop. its the worse shit ever, bought it last year, box said 64bit system. I have a 32....... its horrible in all ways. the screen is weird too...

I WANT PICS!

tumblr_m5u0qdrXB01qb3imh.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

Fake apple earbuds, they fell apart when i took them out of the box. To be fair they only cost 3$ so...

Why ????? why did you even ?????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650