Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Razer DeathStalker, actually I didnt buy it, it was free from Prize Rebel :P

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

-EVERYONE DO THE FLOP-

Just stay away from XFX.

I think your profile GIF accurately describes your feelings towards XFX...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Why? I love my 970 G1

Excellent looks

Quiet and cool temps

ZERO coil whine

Boss overclocker; 1580Mhz stable

I have never had to deal with Gigabyte's customer service, what happened to you?

I've got a 200MHz down clock on my GTX 970 to keep it running stable, and Gigabyte refuses to RMA it as they think I'm lying and really doing the RMA over the Nvidia debacle.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Any printer ever. Goddamn those things are annoying with their 20 programs nobody ever use.

I've got a 200MHz down clock on my GTX 970 to keep it running stable, and Gigabyte refuses to RMA it as they think I'm lying and really doing the RMA over the Nvidia debacle.

If you bought it on Amazon, you can at the very least get a 25% partial refund. otherwise you can rma with amazon.

THAT THING?! The screen was taller than it was wide, looks like a taco, and didn't you have to take out the battery to swap games?

My keyboard and mouse are both made by Razer......

Games? what games? they where non existent xD

Let's agree to disagree

I used a Silverstone case to fit a dual LGA 1150 socket build.

Never again.

Asus transformer. It just sucked

Really I loved mine(first gen), I used it till 3 months ago with zero issues.

G5 casemod is done :D!

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

Tv's in general. They seem to selfdestruct exactly when the warranty is over. After rma-ing 3 of these I'll stream from youtube. There isn't anything worth watching on tv anyways.

XFX Proseries 750W (I know its Sesonic)

What a worthless PSU:

First one blew up in 3 months, throwing sparks and a horrific smell. Luckily all of my components survived. FX 6300 and GTX 750 Ti at the time.

RMA'd, 4 months later I swapped PSU's from my brother while upgrading (he needed the extra wattage)

That PSU (second one) was working 100% when I pulled it out, we decided to test the mobo (with cpu, ram etc) on the box, worked.

Then installed it into his case with standoffs. With everything plugged in correctly, I turned it on, and a burning smell wafts through. It was dead.

This replacement after 4 months, smoked a $200 motherboard, and could of smoked the 780 ti and i5 4690K on the gigabyte board at the time for no reason, WTF XFX!

I swear XFX PSU's are ticking time bombs

Now ill be RMAing the 750W again, and then selling it brand new in the box and buying a proper PSU.

Also just to note my brothers old XFX 7970 was artifacting to hell and they refused to replace it. We did tests with my 750 ti and another card, no artifating.

Just stay away from XFX.

Maybe didn't have any luck, I also have the 750w proseries XXX edition and have had zero issues with it over the past 3 years and I've removed it a couple of times to clean my case.

The same with my AMD 6950 XFX card (sold it last year to upgrade and received 0 complaints from the buyer) .

i5 2500K with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | 8GB @1600 | Club3D HD 7950 royalKing | Corsair Carbide 500R Black | Samsung 830 SSD 128GB + 2TB HDD | XFX ProSeries 750W XXX | dell u2312hm 

XFX Proseries 750W (I know its Sesonic)

What a worthless PSU:

First one blew up in 3 months, throwing sparks and a horrific smell. Luckily all of my components survived. FX 6300 and GTX 750 Ti at the time.

RMA'd, 4 months later I swapped PSU's from my brother while upgrading (he needed the extra wattage)

That PSU (second one) was working 100% when I pulled it out, we decided to test the mobo (with cpu, ram etc) on the box, worked.

Then installed it into his case with standoffs. With everything plugged in correctly, I turned it on, and a burning smell wafts through. It was dead.

This replacement after 4 months, smoked a $200 motherboard, and could of smoked the 780 ti and i5 4690K on the gigabyte board at the time for no reason, WTF XFX!

I swear XFX PSU's are ticking time bombs

Now ill be RMAing the 750W again, and then selling it brand new in the box and buying a proper PSU.

Also just to note my brothers old XFX 7970 was artifacting to hell and they refused to replace it. We did tests with my 750 ti and another card, no artifating.

Just stay away from XFX.

I am personally love XFX PSUs.

Tier 2 perfection <3

Really I loved mine(first gen), I used it till 3 months ago with zero issues.

Hmm, mine was just ridiculously slow, had many issues with the power button and just didn't have an all that impressive battery life when in real world use.  

A SATA data cable with both ends at 90° this meant it covered another SATA port in the old prebuilt system and couldn't be used in the new build as it put to much strain on the connecter.

and the new build uses SATA cables supplied with the MoBo, so not really needed now.

Mind you the cable only cost £4 so not worth going in to town to get it replaced .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Razer Deathstalker and Razer Kraken. Worst keyboard and headset I've ever bought. Period.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Wow, that's complete BS. You should make a video demonstrating the issue. You got a serious issue.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I think your profile GIF accurately describes your feelings towards XFX...

It just about sums it up.

Also the psu I swapped with my brother is a xfx 650W semi modular D:

It works at least, he had it for over a year with out an issue.

But being xfx of course the fan makes a crunching noise under load :l

Also to add to the 7970 issue, he had to downcock it as well.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Maybe didn't have any luck, I also have the 750w proseries XXX edition and have had zero issues with it over the past 3 years and I've removed it a couple of times to clean my case.

The same with my AMD 6950 XFX card (sold it last year to upgrade and received 0 complaints from the buyer) .

I am personally love XFX PSUs.

Tier 2 perfection <3

Interesting, extreme bad luck? Maybe, but having the replacement blow up in the same time frame as the last one will put me off them for a long time.

Their costumer support is also slow.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Interesting, extreme bad luck? Maybe, but having the replacement blow up in the same time frame as the last one will put me off them for a long time.

Their costumer support is also slow.

That's perfectly understandable man, I would do the same in your position.

I got an HP build computer with a 4820k and a 770 for $3k

Handle every stressful situation like a dog; if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Wow, that's complete BS. You should make a video demonstrating the issue. You got a serious issue.

I've thought of doing that, but I've only got the camera on my phone, which is 10 years old and just not good enough for doing proper videos with.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Hmm, mine was just ridiculously slow, had many issues with the power button and just didn't have an all that impressive battery life when in real world use.  

I always used it with the dock though so it had an impressive battery, it only started getting slow last year but installing a custom rom fixed that (the roms by timduru/katkiss are awesome).