Apple Watch Event - Live Coverage (Watch + Retina Air + Retina Macbook + HBO Now + ResearchKit) UPDATED

Funny Google drops Android Wear ad minutes before Apple Watch event

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It could very well have a passthrough. We have no idea since they didn't show what the charger will be nice. Its not a stretch to assume they thought of this. 

They should've, at any rate

I sure hope it does because if not then this might be the dumbest thing I have seen the entire year so far.

That would only solve the "X while charging" situations though, not any situation when you want more than 2 things plugged in at the same time. Like wired networking + something else, or an external display plus something else.

1600$ the MacBook Air :o

+ 40-60$ for an accessory to split the Type C connector to different plugs so that you can actually use the system

+ 40-60$ for an accessory to split the Type C connector to different plugs so that you can actually use the system

$$$

Thats just stingy as hell. Apple can piss off with that. 

Maybe Im just really tired, but this seems more boring than most Apple presentations. 

yeah with 512GB ...

$1300 with 256GB

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

ehh just one usb C ??

shouldn't they wait a bit until it becomes mainstream i mean atleast have one usb 3.0 port

also no 3.5mm ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I would honestly consider getting the new macbok, but the lack of a headphone jack is absolutely stupid. sure there will probably be a small USB DAC, but that necessitates carrying an adapter.

ehh just one usb C ??

shouldn't they wait a bit until it becomes mainstream i mean atleast have one usb 3.0 port

also no 3.5mm ?

I would honestly consider getting the new macbok, but the lack of a headphone jack is absolutely stupid. sure there will probably be a small USB DAC, but that necessitates carrying an adapter.

There's a headphone jack on the other side of the notebook

It seems like people are giving a lot of hate about the macbook announcement, which I don't really get. They're starting the gear with intel core M, which is the main reason why the laptop can get so thin.

Also, they're gearing up with USB C! I'm not a big fan of iMac or iDevices, but apple has move the notebook industry at times, like how the use SSD for macbooks and it becomes a general norm for manufacturers

There's a headphone jack on the other side of the notebook

It seems like people are giving a lot of hate about the macbook announcement, which I don't really get. They're starting the gear with intel core M, which is the main reason why the laptop can get so thin.

Also, they're gearing up with USB C! I'm not a big fan of iMac or iDevices, but apple has move the notebook industry at times, like how the use SSD for macbooks and it becomes a general norm for manufacturers

Type-C would have been awesome, if they had a full size USB with it. or at least 2.. or at least/at worst: 1x USB TypeC, 1x Charging port, so that at least you can plug a mouse (or smartphone), and charge the device. Core M is not a fast CPU, either. It sure would be amazing in a tablet.. but laptop?

Sorry, your browser doesn't support our live video stream.
Please follow along with the posts below.
Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later.

Goddamnit Apple

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

How did Apple manage to make Core M fanless, yet the XPS 13 (2015) which is incidentally the same price, failed...

Apple do seem to be using the Core M-5Y70, as oppose to the higher power mobile chips, but that is still annoying...

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Type-C would have been awesome, if they had a full size USB with it. or at least 2.. or at least/at worst: 1x USB TypeC, 1x Charging port, so that at least you can plug a mouse, and charge the device. Core M is not a fast CPU, either. It sure would be amazing in a tablet.. but laptop?

again ... have you seen the charger? no?

A fullsize USB Port just isn't possible with that small design.

also I don't see why I need a mouse with such a small laptop. I never use one with my Air.

In fact I almost never use any of the USB Ports.

Goddamnit Apple

You can use vlc

Media -> open network stream and copy paste this url http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1503ohibasdvoihbasfdv/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8

How did Apple manage to make Core M fanless, yet the XPS 13 (2015) which is incidentally the same price, failed...

Apple do seem to be using the Core M-5Y70, as oppose to the higher power mobile chips, but that is still annoying...

Probably going to run hotter than the Dell, given how Apple prioritizes no noise/low noise over thermals. 

Probably going to run hotter than the Dell, given how Apple prioritizes no noise/low noise over thermals. 

My 5600U hits 85C, and the fan revs at the slightest load. It can't run much hotter than that.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

because with the macbook the whole case is a giant heatsink.

Instead of Dells approach were two different teams designed the case and the motherboard ...

holy heck the watch is nice. That's how smart watches are done. 

The website has so many bands available. 

Honestly nobody does a keynote like Apple. Although Cook has a bit to learn. Jobs could have sold you bottled water. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Dell uses U series CPU. It is more powerful, and runs hotter.

again ... have you seen the charger? no?

A fullsize USB Port just isn't possible with that small design.

also I don't see why I need a mouse with such a small laptop. I never use one with my Air.

In fact I almost never use any of the USB Ports.

The Surface Pro says that you are wrong. The power charger thickness is less than the the MacBook Air.

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msemea/images/English/en-EMEA-Surface-512GB-PU2-00003/en-EMEA-L-Surface-512GB-PU2-00003-RM5-mnco.jpg

If you do any semi-serious work, you need a mouse. I see many students with a mouse with their MacBook.

1000$ laptop -> web browsing is 100% the priority

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Lol, 1100 $ for the most expensive apple watch.

Really? Who is going to pay that much for a damn smartwatch...

$10000 for a Gold Apple Watch.

Holy banana's. But then again, it's solid gold. And a fashion object.

Ye ole' train

The Surface Pro says that you are wrong. The power charger thickness is less than the the MacBook Air.

http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent.net/Storefront/Company/msemea/images/English/en-EMEA-Surface-512GB-PU2-00003/en-EMEA-L-Surface-512GB-PU2-00003-RM5-mnco.jpg

If you do any semi-serious work, you need a mouse. I see many students with a mouse with their MacBook.

no way to fit a fullsize usb port there ...

obyaqhu.jpg

I sit with hundres of CS majors using all kinds of tablets and laptops at university.

almost none of them use a mouse.

any-semi serious work? what semi-serious work are you doing on a 12" notebook that requires a mouse?

Lol, 1100 $ for the most expensive apple watch.

Really? Who is going to pay that much for a damn smartwatch...

Considering they seem to be aiming at the jewelry market more than the tech enthusiasts with it, plenty of people will. And think about it, plenty of people pay a lot for plenty of things. It's all about perspective.

And it's not $1100, it's $10,000.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

no way to fit a fullsize usb port there ...

I sit with hundres of CS majors using all kinds of tablets and laptops at university.

almost none of them use a mouse.

any-semi serious work? what semi-serious work are you doing on a 12" notebook that requires a mouse?

I'm a programmer and while I can live w/o a mouse, it does certainly makes my life so much easier.

However, I cannot imagine how anyone would work with an engine like Unity or Unreal without a mouse