Apple Watch Event - Live Coverage (Watch + Retina Air + Retina Macbook + HBO Now + ResearchKit) UPDATED

apple-watch-macbook-spring-forward-2015_

Yea, thats thin 

Omg this keyboard though... It looks like it has almost no key travel. Not a good compromise imho.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

O_o

B_rTfZoU8AAZ-_p.jpg

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

OMG the leaks about the Macbook Air were right!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

like if the watch wasn't already the most overpriced piece of tech ever, the round magsafe charge solds for 30$ or 40$ if want a 2 meter cable

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

holy heck the watch is nice. That's how smart watches are done. 

The website has so many bands available. 

Honestly nobody does a keynote like Apple. Although Cook has a bit to learn. Jobs could have sold you bottled water. 

I like the fact that the watch is almost twice as thick as the damn Macbook! lol

18-hour battery life?? really??

Yeah, but only 9 hours screen time for the laptop, and 5 hours screen time for the watch.  

I think Apple has lost its way.  All they seem to do now is advertise the flash side of their products just to catch the eye of the fanboys and girls.  A bunch of my friends on Facebook are commenting on how amazing this thing looks.  That is it.  Nobody has any mention of shit battery life, lack of ports, crappier processor, or anything technical.  They only care how it looks.  Damn cattle!! Ugh.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

LMFAO!  Aren't computers supposed to become faster as time progresses?  You're seriously telling me that Apple decided to use an inferior processor to its previous generation model?  What a fucking joke!

I love how everyone here seems to jump on the first opportunity they get to hate on Apple.

1st - This is not a macbook air, its a macbook (like the old macbook which was the least powerful).

2nd - The reason it costs more is because of the screen resolution and an ample SSD space - which i feel for $1400 is not an enormous premium over the windows counterparts.

Before I get called for bias, I don't have a single apple product in possession, living and enjoying windows and android. I just seem to feel that the unneeded hate needs to stop.

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

I shouldn't have had high hopes for there being like a Broadwell i5 in the New MacBook, I suppose for basic task the Core M works but the sad part is that it's probably comparable to the Core 2 Duo in my Base Mid 2010 13" MacBook Pro.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=974&cmp[]=2465&cmp[]=2382 - Frankly I'd say that those results are negligible.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The new MacBook reminds me a lot of the original MacBook Air. Very impressive, crazy thin compared to previous laptops, needs more power to be very useful, and has a premium price compared to other Apple laptops. Chances are that just like with the Air, prices will fall over the next few years with new iterations and it will of course get more powerful.

I for one am very interested in using the new force touch trackpad.

apple just went crazy with the accessories for the mackbook

79$ for a full size usb, vga OR hdmi not even both, and another type c for the charger in a single combo adapter, besides only getting one of the 2 display inputs, you have to buy adapters if you need display port, mini dp and dvi, and only 1 extra usb ffs

19$ for a simple adapter to full size usb

and if you need a replacement brick, is going to be 78$, 29$ for the cable + 49$ for the brick because they are sold separately 

the only good thing about the use of type c is that there's going to be plenty of third party accessories that they are not going to break your bank besides the laptop

$500 here in canada for the cheapest iwatch ... i feel like were disliked by apple here , and the new macbook is a giant battery lolz 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

$500 here in canada for the cheapest iwatch ... i feel like were disliked by apple here , and the new macbook is a giant battery lolz 

i think that has more to do with the recent value dive of the canadian dollar, though still its expensive af even in the US

How did Apple manage to make Core M fanless, yet the XPS 13 (2015) which is incidentally the same price, failed...

Apple do seem to be using the Core M-5Y70, as oppose to the higher power mobile chips, but that is still annoying...

Simple: Apple engineers better cooling solutions than any other laptop manufacturer. This has been true for years now. And, I bet you it won't even throttle. It might make your legs warm though if it's the full 6W spec Core M and not the 4.5W or 3W.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Canadian dollar value. Expect things to fly up in prices. Already the GeForce 980, which was 550$ a few month ago, is now 700$!

OMG the leaks about the Macbook Air were right!

Yeah like every Apple-related leak recently. Since Jobs died, Apple does not even care to conceal their new products, dropping the excitement to rock bottom. I mean I used to stay up all night to watch Apple Events, but now, I usually don't even bother, as the "leaks" are pretty much always spot-on.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

the regular 42mm watch is 499$. the same regular watch with steel band 999$

fcking 500$ for a band??

Apple start to suck, what's this line of product??

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

apple-watch-macbook-spring-forward-2015_

Let the games begin! Can't think of which store this is from, and if its the redesign that all stores are supposed to be getting.

Might want to add info from here http://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html.

"Testing conducted by Apple in March 2015 using preproduction Apple Watch and software paired with an iPhone using preproduction software. All-day battery life is based on 18 hours with the following use: 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 18 hours. Battery life varies by use, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary."

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/09/apple-watch-battery-life-claims/

Source: http://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html

Thought I would make a separate post because most people wouldn't probably see it in post created by Victorious Secret of the Apple Event

In addition to making a general claim that the Apple Watch will run for up to 18 hours per charge, Apple has quietly added a new battery test results page to its web site discussing the Apple Watch’s performance across a variety of different tests.

According to Apple, the 38mm and 42mm versions of the Watch will have different run times, and the 42mm Apple Watch “typically experiences longer battery life.” The company does not note how much longer the larger Watch will last for.

“Our goal for battery life was 18 hours after an overnight charge,” Apple says, “factoring in things like checking the time, receiving notifications, using apps, and doing a 30-minute workout.”

The company says that it hit that 18-hour mark with a total of 90 time checks (five per hour), 90 notifications (five per hour), 45 minutes of app use, and one 30-minute workout with music playback via Bluetooth.

Apple also says that the Apple Watch will be able to be used for up to

• 3 hours of continuous phone calling when paired with an iPhone
  • 6.5 hours of music playback via Bluetooth
  • 7 hours of active workout time with the heart rate sensor on 
  • Additionally, the Watch will last for 48 to 72 hours under specific conditions

If paired with an iPhone but used primarily as a watch,

• it will deliver up to 48 hours if the time is briefly checked five times per hour.
  • With Power Reserve mode on and no iPhone pairing, it can last up to 72 hours assuming four brief time checks per hour.

Recharging time will be roughly 2.5 hours from 0% to 100%, with an 80% charge in around 1.5 hours. Two separate MagSafe chargers will be offered for the Apple Watch, one with a 1-meter cable length, the other with a 2-meter cable, at different prices.

Their 18-hour claim seems to be the worst case scenario which is pretty impressive since most of us wouldn't use it as much meaning we could probably squeeze a two day battery life out of it

Thats actually good enough for me. I've watched the Keynote but never saw anything about beeing waterproof, I bet it is.. is it ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

18 hours on standby, while not doing anything

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020