Scrapyard Wars Episode 1c

i really loved the format and the concept itself. also, it looked like Linus and Luke had a lot of fun with it as well.i am looking forward to more of these

You actually came up with a great idea for the next video in your conclusion...kinda.

Have a budget, say, $500. Both Luke and Linus build a PC using secondhand components and attempt to sell the PC for a profit. He who gets the largest profit margin, wins.

Custom Watercooled Parvum Systems S2.0: Vulpes

Combining spare parts into something worthy: Frankenstein

BitFenix Phenom gaming powerhouse: Blood in the Snow

I really like this, it is fun to watch linus and luke compete. :) 

My E8400 results on firestrike with out overclocking the CPU. (I didn't know you can get 3D mark on steam.)

Firestrike%20Bench.jpg

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

This is one, if not the best things that I have seen come out of LMG ever! Keep it up, super stoked for 2015.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

That was awesome, I was expecting luke to win and was wrong.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Love this series, can't wait for another one! :3

I was surprised you went both with Intel CPUs. Back in the old days, AMD CPUs were pretty good for gaming on budget. For example, you can get the AMD Athlon II X4 series (eg. 640) for similar money as the Q6600, maybe even cheaper, and it takes it on a whole new level in games.

MB: Asus Z97-A | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti Gejmink 3G | Memory: Σ32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB | HDD: Σ2TB WD Blues | PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Silver | Case: Antec P182 | Cooling: Noctua NH-C14, all case fans Noctua | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + 2x Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (closed) & Hifiman HE-350 (open) | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Deluxe | Mic: M-Audio Producer | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 rip midclick Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)

Really enjoyed the series guys.  Can't wait for the next scrapyard wars!

I knew it lol ^^ everyone was saying "luke is obviously going to win, he has a 290" and I was like "yeah, but I feel like that cpu will throttle a LOT"...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

mhmm. i hear that alot.

but the other 97% of reviews and words form friends tell me otherwise.

also i had them test it with an insane overclock for me before i baught it. 

ontop of the fact that they literally have nine of them set aside for people like me, and they're dirt cheap.

Ah, cool. 

For me, I've never had a proper asus board fail. I had one fail that was rebranded by HP because the caps on it exploded which were developed by HP...

But I've never had a proper Asus or Gigabyte board fail. Those things are solid as rocks IMHO.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Wow this turned out to be way better then what I initially expected to be awesome. It could even be a channel on its own.

That makes for a lot of channels though.

I really wish you showed us cpu usage for the suspected cpu bottleneck.

I have no constructive criticism on the format. It's good.

Maybe add a table of content, but thats low priority since I think most people watching this would watch all of it.

Except for a conclusion link. For the skeptics.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

You guys really need to stop with the ridiculous part names. Just name it part 2 or 3, wth is 1c

He said in a WAN show they will do other scrapyard wars

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

This new Scrapyard Wars series is awesome! Please make more! MOAR!!!

This was awesome and very informative. Just for shits and giggles i ran the same test.. and i have a i7 and i bombed it :( . Makes you really think about your video card choices..

SFFPqMC.png

Now this was truly an entertaining series... keep them coming fellas, weekly build-offs would be great.  It would also be hella cool if you gave the builds away... or at least put them up for auction in the "yard sale" at the end of the weekly Wan Show. 

·

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I haven't seen the video yet, so I'm not going to spoil it by reading comments so far, but I have gotten use to words or at least a cooler looking thumbnail on LTT youtube videos just sayin...

THANKS BASED @nicklmg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Please post the parts list with prices for both builds! Links to pcpartpicker.com would also be great!

Thanks a lot, awesome series! Great job!

I really loved Scrapyard Wars and I hope there will be many more episodes :)

Please make each episode at least 20 minutes long!
I like longer formats, especially if they are entertaining to watch, like Scrapyard Wars.

Say Linus and Luke are to make a new 1500$ PC each for 1440p Gaming. And then do benchmarking to see who got the best build. :)

Rob

This series was brilliant! Please do more content like this. 

Also, I had no idea that a q6600 was that much faster than an e8400.

Hey Linus, here are some random ideas for future Scrapwars videos. Let me just say, I LOVED the series, keep up the good work.

1. Same as this one, but using video rendering benchmarks instead of games.
  2. Same as the current one, but have all of the scores divided by the power consumption.
  3. Get XXX$ and build a PC(s) that can get the most points in Folding Home / BOINC after a week.
  4. Get XXX$ and build a PC(s) that can get the most points in Folding Home / BOINC after a week (without using GPU projects).
  5. Something like this. How fast can you open everything in your startup folder - 24 SSDs in RAID.
  6. A little bit of a different approach, but how about building the STRONGEST PC possible (don't care about budget) within the an Xbox 360 case. *Note: the PSU must be put inside it, and the only thing that can stay outside is the mobo tray and all other cables.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1c indicates that there will also be a 2a, 2b, 2c with a new challenge... :)

When are these new challenges going to launch?

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15