Scrapyard Wars Episode 1c

linus cheated...........................somehow

not nearly as sexy as my msi p35 platinum. B)

http://assets.hardwarezone.com/images/p35p_circu0.jpg

After having an MSI LGA 775 board catch on fire on me, I don't trust them anymore. Even with that sexy dragon of a cooling system.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

SO EXCITED WHO WINS

bjiEIJHFJIPEGFJIPGERPOJG

edit: best series by far. should do way more of these.

actually. should do these, then sell the systems on the fourm. Id pay 300$ for those. 

was going to ask what region you're from in case there is a price difference between currencies, then I realized you live in the same place I do, 127.0.0.1.

I soon realized,

Everyone livers in their own 127.0.0.1,

I am now questioning creation of man.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

After having an MSI LGA 775 board catch on fire on me, I don't trust them anymore. Even with that sexy dragon of a cooling system.

mhmm. i hear that alot.

but the other 97% of reviews and words form friends tell me otherwise.

also i had them test it with an insane overclock for me before i baught it. 

ontop of the fact that they literally have nine of them set aside for people like me, and they're dirt cheap.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Damn, now I feel bad xD.

Anyway, Luke won... somehow.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Well done guys was looking forward to this all week. Now we have to wait to see what you have planned next. 

linus was cheating numerous times lol

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

:D

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Dammit Luke, I thought you were cool! ;)

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

linus was cheating numerous times lol

can you tell me what he did to cheat
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Doing a series like this would be awesome. I loved this, and love the idea. Here are some suggestions.

Different Price Brackets

I'm sure you already have this planned but for like 500, or 600, it'd be cool to see what you come up with for parts.

Make the videos noob friendly

I'd love to show these to... well console peasants, but they aren't going to know what a Q6600 is, or what overclocking is, especially the younger ones. For example, I have a cousin who kind of wants to get into pc gaming, but thinks it too expensive so he sticks to his console. Links int he description to the Techquicky videos on the subjects mentioned in the videos, would be cool. Or even an annotation, or a lower third with definitions that pop up, like for example, defining overclocking, or ddr2 vs ddr3. Or stuff like "MSI Afterburner is a utility used to overclock graphics cards."

Over all I really liked the series and look forward to more in the future. I was pumped when I realized after the second one came out, that the naming scheme (1a, 1b, and now 1c) meant more than just this one were in the works. Keep it up guys!

The MSRP for the Q6600 was $851 in January 2007. According to an old AnandTech article it had a price drop down to $266 by August 2007. This doesn't make any sense to me. What happened? I would guess that Intel released even better chips like the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 later and it somehow bumped the price down. I've never seen anything like this. AMD must've released something.
http://www.techspot.com/review/36-intel-core2-quad-q6600/
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2303

I always thought that Linus would win this.

How edited this video?

Please do more videos that are similar to this. Wasn't too informational but, shows what you can do with  so little money and is very entertaining I think.

Linus should get an award for the most ghetto CPU cooler  :lol:

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

can you tell me what he did to cheat

He was recognized as a celebrity which lead to him getting some opportunities a regular person wouldn't have. He could juggle possible contacts for sales knowing they'd hang on to be part of the project. He'd have to speak to people through a device to disguise his voice for the sellers to be blind until he met up with them. That meet up in the coffee shop.....  <_< As soon as he got made and he had to ask people to pretend they didn't know who he was it was too late. Linus had inadvertently used Voice Of The Emperor to charm better opportunities. 

Why not season 1 part 1, part 2 etc, and then series 2 part 1, part 2 etc?

So you think 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c is worse than 1 part 1, 1 part 2, 1 part 3, 2 part 1, 2 part 2, 2 part 3..... nitpicking much?

Special request video:

Combine the best parts from bOth and compare the scores agains Linus and Luke.

That score can also be used to compare against the next pair that goes head to head!

YES! Do this!

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Whoever filmed Linus in the garage needs a steadycam! Please... the camera shake was nauseating :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! Do more of this stuff please!

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

If anyone gives me the full specs of both of their builds that will be great.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So you think 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c is worse than 1 part 1, 1 part 2, 1 part 3, 2 part 1, 2 part 2, 2 part 3..... nitpicking much?

Yes I am nitpicking, deal with it :P

I mean series 1, episode 1, etc

Sounds more professional IMHO

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Ha, I bet all the losers who voted for Luke are feeling pretty silly right about now. I mean, it's not like I voted for him or anything.

@terrytek

would

be

proud!

of the q6600

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/