Scrapyard Wars Episode 1c

Agreed. I feel like this really proves how well you know your stuff if you can decide what to spend money on and where to cut corners in order to get performance.

BTW was it in the rules anywhere that both of them needed a case. you could save a little money there by just strapping the thing to a big piece of cardboard. 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

You totally go wrong, it's not 4 cores its 4 virtual threads, any new game require 4 Cores and the Hyper Threading are completely outperform by the Real physical.

Even old 6-8 Cores AMD are better cause they got physical cores compare to the i3 who just has 2 real cores.

You could show me any benchmark who claim the opposite it's just a physical law....

you are completely wrong, i3´s and pentiums have much greater performance per core that the old core 2 duos, thats why with the older cpus there was a much bigger difference, because they have less cores and less perfomance per core, so they bottleneck a lot with high end gpus, a core i3 sandy bridge will still bottleneck a 7950, but it will outperform the q6600 because of the greater performance per core, and some pentiums like the anniversary edition overclocked to 4.4 should perform better than the q6600, because each core performs nearly like two of the older kentsfield cores in the q6600, if you don´t believe me search for cinebench with the g3258 or a i3, the core 2 quad at 3.6ghz gets 3.09 a g3258 gets 3.9 at 4.7 ghz with stock voltage, an i3 gets even more, in conclusion, the i3, pentiums, core 2 duo or quad will bottleneck those graphics cards

Some people made the mistake to believe that hyper threading so virtual splitting cores is the same thing as physical cores...

Why do you think the low end Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3.00GHz who has a lower clock frequency still outperform until 20% better than the High End Intel Core i3-4360 @ 3.70GHz cause it's a true physical QuadCore.

Dual or Quad Virtual Cores are out for todays and future gaming and stop to believe and advise people they can performed like Quad.

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

If anyone is interested:

LINUS - 5866 points - 300 dollars - 19.55 points per dollar

MYOLDPC - 3063 points - 400 dollars (3 years ago, used) - 7.65 points per dollar

MYNEWPC - 9819 points - 1213 dollars (built today) - 8.09 points per dollar

When the benchmarking failed. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You guys should do an in house modding competition, and build something similar to Sapphire's Not from Concentrate

It's a jesus 775 board. But you should see it's big brother... 

ASUS_P45_P5Q_Premium_05.jpg

0507asus2.jpg

Am i alone in thinking this thing look really fricken cool?

Not by any means, bro!

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Not by any means, bro!

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

@nicklmg

is Luke and Linus gonna sell the parts for the two PCs?

Coz I dont mind taking both machines from both of their hands

I dont mind taking the R9 290 from Luke and put into my machine and smash Linus's PC benchmark scores

if you are wonder what I got well here is the tread and it almost complete

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/304146-operation-core-2-extreme-revivial-for-just-40usd-building-80-done/?p=4133230

I have just gave my PC a new lease of life with a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 on a Gigabyte P45 board and 8GB of DDR2 RAM and a 1TB Hybrid Drive

All I paid for was the QX6800 CPU, the rest of the parts like the mobo and RAM are passed to me by my friend and the rest are part of the orignal PC

Regards

Dragoon20005

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

@nicklmg

is Luke and Linus gonna sell the parts for the two PCs?

Coz I dont mind taking both machines from both of their hands

I dont mind taking the R9 290 from Luke and put into my machine and smash Linus's PC benchmark scores

if you are wonder what I got well here is the tread and it almost complete

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/304146-operation-core-2-extreme-revivial-for-just-40usd-building-80-done/?p=4133230

I have just gave my PC a new lease of life with a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 on a Gigabyte P45 board and 8GB of DDR2 RAM and a 1TB Hybrid Drive

All I paid for was the QX6800 CPU, the rest of the parts like the mobo and RAM are passed to me by my friend and the rest are part of the orignal PC

Regards

Dragoon20005

Not sure what the plan is for that machine. If it's being sold it will be sold during a garage sale on the WAN After Party, so watch that to find out :D

Man i didn't think the quad core would make that much of a difference. 

Boy do i feel like i have an egg on my face. Was one of the people who thought for sure that r290 on luke's machine was gonna take it.

Goes to show that quad core (or at least 4 threaded machines) are the way to go for games these days. 

Linus Q6600 FTW.

But would an old AMD quad core (slow single-threaded performance) have been any better than luke's dual core?

Awesome stuff. Really enjoyed the series. You could make the episodes an hour long and it would still be fine.

More detail with the benchmark results and overclocking would have been cool too.

Main system

CPU: 13900KF | Motherboard: Z690 Aorus Master | GPU: RTX3080Ti FE | RAM: 32GB@5600 | Hard Drive: 2TB 970 Evo plus | Power Supply: beQuiet DarkPower 12 1000W | Cooling: Custom water loop CPU/GPU | Case: Meshify 2 XL | Operating System: Windows 10Pro | Monitor: LG 32GK65B | Keyboard: Ducky

Bedroom PC

CPU: 11700k@4800 | Motherboard: Z590 Aorus Master | GPU: RTX3080 FE | RAM: 32GB@4000 | Hard Drive: 1TB 970 Evo plus/1TB MX500 | Power Supply: Corsair RM850x | Cooling: H100i | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Operating System: Windows 10Pro | Monitor: LG 65" B2 OLED

HTPC

CPU: 10900k | Motherboard: Z490 Aorus Master | GPU: GTX1080Ti | RAM: 32GB@3600 | Hard Drive: 1TB 970 Evo plus/1TB MX500/4TB HDD | Optical Drive: BluRay | Power Supply: Corsair RM750x | Cooling: Low profile noctua | Case: SilverStone GD09B | Operating System: Windows 10Pro

To match this performance, buying new from the store would cost at least 50% more, or more! - Linus 2015

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

But would a an old AMD quad core (slow single-threaded performance) have been any better than luke's dual core?

Hmm, but aren't AMD "Quad" cores just two dual cores with two threads each like intel dual cores?

So wouldn't the intel win? (unless they're like 8 years apart ofc)

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

Thanks, that was a great conclusion. I would love to see this kind of format extend beyond computers, maybe something channel super fun could handle.

I really enjoyed this series, good choice of music and really funny background voice =D

gj

Hmm, but aren't AMD "Quad" cores just two dual cores with two threads each like intel dual cores?

So wouldn't the intel win? (unless they're like 8 years apart ofc)

An old AMD quad core would mean pre-Bulldozer.  Also that's not exactly how Bulldozer works anyway.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

This was awesome and very informative. Just for shits and giggles i ran the same test.. and i have a i7 and i bombed it :( . Makes you really think about your video card choices..

I'm not even sure how my E8400 and single card got a better score than yours. That's incredible that 1 GTX 680 and a 7 year old proc is better than 2 GTX 560 and an i7. I didn't even think that was possible.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

I'm not even sure how my E8400 and single card got a better score than yours. That's incredible that 1 GTX 680 and a 7 year old proc is better than 2 GTX 560 and an i7. I didn't even think that was possible.

well the 560's are oc'd slightly and they have almost 1500 hours on them just in arma 2 (i run some dayz overpoch servers)so dont think they surviving well. i see no artifacting but 1gb vram is awful.

Not sure what the plan is for that machine. If it's being sold it will be sold during a garage sale on the WAN After Party, so watch that to find out :D

i see

but before Luke and Linus sell the rigs

Linus made a statement that "To match this performance, buying new from the store would cost at least 50% more, or more!"

they should make a real comparision between the 600 bucks PC and your 300 budget PCs in terms of performance in games and everyday applications to support the statement.

pick for example the Ultimate Value Gaming Build which is based on the Pentium G3258 and using R7 260X

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i see

but before Luke and Linus sell the rigs

Linus made a statement that "To match this performance, buying new from the store would cost at least 50% more, or more!"

they should make a real comparision between the 600 bucks PC and your 300 budget PCs in terms of performance in games and everyday applications to support the statement.

pick for example the Ultimate Value Gaming Build which is based on the Pentium G3258 and using R7 260X

Working on some comparison videos. Not sure if that is exactly the scenario, but there is something in the pipeline!

Working on some comparison videos. Not sure if that is exactly the scenario, but there is something in the pipeline!

cant wait :)

you should have a segment of you in front of the camera

cant wait :)

you should have a segment of you in front of the camera

I've just been informed that you won't have to wait long... Stay tuned for something on the forum here tonight.

Hah, we'll see about that. Maybe if a product comes through that I'm super interested in and Linus doesn't shotty it.

I've just been informed that you won't have to wait long... Stay tuned for something on the forum here tonight.

Hah, we'll see about that. Maybe if a product comes through that I'm super interested in and Linus doesn't shotty it.

Sweet Can't Wait

P.S. was that CSF at the warehouse the new office? and are you guys going to use Vessel

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

I almost had one of those, but I missed out because my internet cut out just before I finalised the payemnt-I got back online and it had been sold :( .

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL