Scrapyard Wars Episode 1c

Love the format, please do more of these in future.

Would have loved to see the result of combining the machines to get your 'ideal' set up and see how it would fare in those benchmarks.

OOOOOOO totally didn't expect that, awesome series!!! I love how linus came up with the cooler and used tech is awesomeee!

You should next time make another episode on reselling them, to see who gets the most profit out of the system and the next series would be with the money you got from the sell. And make way more of these.

hmm kanda boring not much happened                    

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

If they'd asked, I'd have been able to say straight up that Luke would get rekt with his CPU choice-I should know, I went from a Core 2 to a Xeon.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That was great, because of what Linus and Luke said on the WAN show i totally expected crashes  :lol:

In the end as expected Linus won because of the Q6600... i guess i really have to replace my E8400 :/

The series was absolutely great and the weekly format is ok, the nomenclature is fine too and sincerely i can't wait to see more of this.

CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!!

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Great series tbh, had fun watching it.

I do wonder though if the gap would have been like this if they had an nvidia gpu ,the dx11 driver overhead is so much lower on nvidia cards then on amd cards 

Shame that we didn't get to see that e8400 stretch it's legs to atleast 3,7ghz though.

I personally still have a C2Q 9550 (eo stepping) with a Asus rampage formula x48 (http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/619/Boardlg2.jpg , i just love that board) with 4x2gb OCZ Reaper @ 1066mhz revision 1(the ones with the copper pipes) lying around in my room :P

Those c2q do still have have some life in them, i upgraded to a 4770k a year ago and honestly, it wasn't that huge of a performance gap back then. (considering the upgrade cost)

Because i had that q9550 @ 4ghz with a gtx 470 clocked @ 885 mhz back then (zalman cooler cooler ftw) and it was even gpu limited on bf3 64 man servers without maxxing the cpu cores cpu usage. 

oh man.....quad core vs duo ... honestly didn't think the difference would be that much! ...

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Totally agree.... great series I am not ashamed to admit i like to "tv" feel,,, also strongly agree that you should sell the systems in the forums. Would be awesome. Add disclaimer you obviously dont know how long unit will hold up... maybe have the builder sign it. Then see whose sells faster mention it in the following clip.

"Try not to think of the price of the part you are cutting in half" 

;)

"If measuring twice doesn't fix it, GLUE will!"

I really didn't think that quad would do that much better. Goes to show that there is good chunk of games optimized for using all of what your system has to offer.

Cool series and I hope next one comes soon :D

How about for series 2 you do Tek Syndicate Logan and Wendell VS LMG Linus And Luke

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Linus won!

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

1c indicates that there will also be a 2a, 2b, 2c with a new challenge... :)

And 3a, 3b, 3c; 4a, 4b, 4c; etc.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

You guys really need to stop with the ridiculous part names. Just name it part 2 or 3, wth is 1c

Season 2 hype?  :D

what where the setting that they used in the dirt 3 benchmarks? on ultra i only get a average of 42 fps...

Damn I thought Luke would have run away with this. And Tomshardware steered us all wrong back in 2008 about that damn bridge across the quad core CPU. Now I wish I got a quad CPU for this PC. I wonder if I can still pick one up.

Congratz Linus on you victory!

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Loved the pilot, but having three parts per episode seems a bit stretched. Two parts would be easy to get behind, with a half an hour show format instead of an hour format where the first episode (part A) could be locating the parts and the second episode (part B ) could be putting them together and benchmarking. 

Linus's scrapyard war PC is stronger than my PC

Well now you know what to do :)

The classical music edit is perfect!
One of the best series guys! MOOAR of these!
This is seriously getting me thinking to BUILD my first PC.