Scrapyard Wars Episode 1c

Why is this video unlisted? I was trying to find this video on youtube all day, until now I just check the forums. 

Why is this video unlisted? I was trying to find this video on youtube all day, until now I just check the forums. 

They release it earlier on the forums so the forum gets more members

Yes! My prediction was right! I knew the quad core was going to make a difference.

These videos were so much fun.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Now that I think of it, are the overclock results posted anywhere?  Kind of curious.  

What I had expected:

Linus: Q6600 @ ~3.2Ghz, 7950 @ ~1Ghz

Luke: e8400 @ ~3.7Ghz, R9 290 @ ~1.1Ghz

What it was:

Linus: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, 7950 @ 960MHz

Luke: e8400 @ 3Ghz (stock!), R9 290 @ 1025MHz

I expected the CPU in the end to not be much of a bottleneck because of the potential for a decent overclock. But at the end of the day Linus' CPU was not only faster overall but also faster in single threaded loads. The fact that Linus managed to push that CPU to the limit and Luke didn't get anything out of it (I assume the MoBo) was probably the difference. 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

This is probably my favorite series that has to do with computers EVER!

CPU: Intel i5 4460 | MOBO: ASRock H97 Anniversary | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB | Storage: Kingston V300 120GB SSD and WD Blue 1TB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 | Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 | PSU: EVGA 600B 600W

I knew that 290 would bottleneck. 

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Beautiful conclusion and must say I'm surprised (SPOILER) Luke didn't win, Can't wait to see more of this content when the new office is running.

Wow, that conclusion! That 290 got bottlenecked so hard.

Great show guys, can't wait for the next one.

I knew that 290 would bottleneck. 

Everyone knew that, but if Luke would've been able to overclock his E8400 to hell and back, he probably would've won in the end. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Everyone knew that, but if Luke would've been able to overclock his E8400 to hell and back, he probably would've won in the end. 

But alas, the silicon lottery is a bitch. 

I keep telling people the core 2 quad has life still left in it. 

This is proof I'm not shitting.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

But alas, the silicon lottery is a bitch. 

I keep telling people the core 2 quad has life still left in it. 

This is proof I'm not shitting.

Yeah, no doubt. 

Was it silicon lottery or a shitty board? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yeah, no doubt. 

Was it silicon lottery or a shitty board? 

I would have to say both, actually. The board didn't appear to be the best. I have no clue what it was, but I know linus' was better. 

And even linus' was shit compared to one of these babies which will arrive on my doorstep within the next week.

p5qe_top3.jpg

The music almost made me fall off my chair. Just spot on.

I'm also surprised at the huge gap between those CPU performances. Thought it would have been closer or at least wouldn't have won out every time.

Definitely thought Linus had pegged the 290 when he mentioned that reference cooler.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Time to frankenstein them together and see what the results are. ;)

Cheers for the video and the series.

I would have to say both, actually. The board didn't appear to be the best. I have no clue what it was, but I know linus' was better. 

And even linus' was shit compared to one of these babies which will arrive on my doorstep within the next week.

p5qe_top3.jpg

Wow, that board's so colorful.

Wow, that board's so colorful.

It's a jesus 775 board. But you should see it's big brother... 

ASUS_P45_P5Q_Premium_05.jpg

0507asus2.jpg

You can certainly get a nice deal for 500$ with new parts............

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($68.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $499.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 00:24 EST-0500

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

My favorite series that Linus has ever done, keep it up!!!!!!!

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

You guys really need to stop with the ridiculous part names. Just name it part 2 or 3, wth is 1c

they said on the wan show that they are working this into a series.  i'm guessing that its will be 1 abc, 2 abc,etc for each build-off or series of video segments.  They are working out how to divide the new LMG office/warehouse and are looking to have a dedicated work/mod area that will play home to this and other projects.  

I for one am excite 8-)