Desktop Pentium N3700 Braswell Specifications revealed

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Soon awaits us premiere of processors from Intel Braswell series, which will replace the current generation of the Bay Trail. Later this quarter, there will be versions for laptops and after one quarter for desktop. 

Pentium-N3700-Braswell-620x400.jpg

Desktop Pentium N3700 Braswell comes in Q2 15

Intel-CPU-2014.png

Braswell processors will be done in 14-nanometer lithography and will take the form of SoC (System-on-chip). On the market there will be models of 2- and 4-core featuring integrated graphics to be compatible with DirectX 12 and Ultra HD resolution (4K) @60 Hz.

One of the most powerful representatives will be from Pentium N3700 series, which is to have four cores clocked at 1.6 GHz in standard mode and 2.4 GHz in Turbo mode. In addition, the manufacturer will integrate its 2 MB L2 cache, 2-channel DDR3-1600 memory controller and graphics chip HD Graphics with frequencies of 400/700 MHz.TDP is only 6 W.

Previously, VR-Zone posted a diagram Braswell allegedly architecture which can be seen impressively 4 Core Atom, and 1MB L2 cache did not match the two cores (a total of 2MB), as well as the eighth generation graphics core, and a variety of input and output.

14nm-Baswell.jpg

From this design look, Braswell should be a continuation of the current system Silvermont architecture, essentially the current Pentium / Celeron J / N series, Atom Z3000 series is no different, but the process plan it, I am afraid that the performance is not too effective to surprise.

The Pentium N3700 series processor will give the power to All-in-One computers – for example a model with 21.5-inch touchscreen and Windows 8.1 you will have to pay about $450.

Source : http://www.fudzilla.com/news/notebooks/37058-desktop-pentium-n3700-braswell-comes-in-q2-15

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I though of Brazzers when I saw the word Braswell.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Aaalrighty then...

Speaking of weak computers:

My former primary school is still running better computers than my current secondary school...

Sig under construction.

yeah, not really caring. this isn't the consumer strand. It's how low power can we go..... Yup, we care a lot.

Sorry that  was judgmental. This seems to want to compete with a the tegra K1. I'm sure I'd care if mobile Phones were using tegra's in bulk.

Aaalrighty then...

Speaking of weak computers:

My former primary school is still running better computers than my current secondary school...

Wow that sucks, I remember being at college and most of the computers were running Pentium 4 HT's still with the occasional Core 2 Duo. Now I think they're running Sandy Bridge Core i3's.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I though of Brazzers when I saw the word Braswell.

"brazzwell" no but seriously, who the hell came up with that name? sounds horrible.

"brazzwell" no but seriously, who the hell came up with that name? sounds horrible.

The scientists who designs the chip , linus cleared it in the AMA Intel Stream with Intel 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Baytrail was already amazing to begin with it just needed a bit more GPU power (not that good for Steam streaming)

this is just what it needs and braswell seems to deliver on that

i would really like if they completely remove the N prefix though

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Intel are a semiconductor/microprocessor company not a naming company :P

Anyway this is impressive and people should care. My friends Baytrail Pentium N3450 was faster than my i3 3217u and uses 1/3rd the power.

Although I hope they're looking to improve their graphics performance.

just give us Broadwell intel!

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Not too sure on the name, but if the power consumption delivers, then I'm sure nobody'll mind.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

FFS people, Haswell, Broadwell, and Braswell are all famous, respected scientists in their fields. Now, they're not physicists like Nvidia's Fermi, Kepler, Maxwell architectures, but still! These names are not just made up!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

FFS people, Haswell, Broadwell, and Braswell are all famous, respected scientists in their fields. Now, they're not physicists like Nvidia's Fermi, Kepler, Maxwell architectures, but still! These names are not just made up!

exactly 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

right, didn't think about that, I assumed they had just mixed "broadwell" and "haswell" into a single word. Btw, no need to get unpleasant here, its just an honest mistake.

right, didn't think about that, I assumed they had just mixed "broadwell" and "haswell" into a single word. Btw, no need to get unpleasant here, its just an honest mistake.

he wasn't being unpleasant , it's just one of those things people say these days , like saying "lol" at end of every statement , unless i'm wrong and he totally wanted to be unpleasant 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

It was partly general disappointment. Human stupidity and lack of thought is saddening.

can be said the same when people say "OMG", just an indicative expression, times pass, trends change. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Still not as pad as jumping from Z97 to Z170 instead of Z107

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

yeah, not really caring. this isn't the consumer strand. It's how low power can we go..... Yup, we care a lot.

Sorry that  was judgmental. This seems to want to compete with a the tegra K1. I'm sure I'd care if mobile Phones were using tegra's in bulk.

Atoms are being used by asus in their phones (most notably the upcoming zenfone 2 which will most likely be a complete blast for the price) and have nothing to envy to their arm counterparts when it comes to performance. The GPU is a little weaker than the K1's, but the CPU itself is faster. Hopefully it gets more widely adopted, since it's compatible with the ARM instruction set as well as x86. It's the best of both worlds, and enthusiasts would actually be able to run any desktop operating systems on them (as well as the huge library of desktop programs).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

brawell. ;)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Let me quote.

Intel’s flagship chip architecture and upcoming processor, codenamed “Haswell,” will be introduced at Computex in Taiwan amid much fanfare and is expected to inspire a range of sleek touch-based devices. But according to the man who came up with the codename the naming process was pretty mundane.

Intel Haswell Chip
"Haswell" is the internal codename of 4th generation Intel Core processors.
“It’s not very romantic at all,” said Russ Hampsten about the process. “I’ve done a bunch of them and they’re actually more painful than romantic.”

Intel’s legal department takes some fun out of the naming process, according to Hampsten and others, requiring that internal codenames be existing geographical, non-trademarked places in North America that can be found on a map. “Molalla” was originally considered as the codename and met the legal conditions, but Hampsten, a strategic product planner in the Intel Architecture Group, nixed the name even though it was derived from a town in his native Oregon.

“No one could spell it or pronounce it so we looked for something a little bit better,” he said.

Hampsten took the naming project home with him. Late one night while sitting with his laptop on a “boring brown couch in his living room” he found Haswell, Colo.

“I did a zip code search for something easy to spell, simple and catchy,” he said. “I started with Oregon and then moved out by state while staying in the West. I wanted a city at the time. I didn’t want to go for a mountain range or something like that.”

After running the finalists through a self-performed trademark search, Hampsten submitted “three or four” options to Intel attorneys and Haswell, population 68, according to the 2010 census, became the codename for what is officially called 4th generation Intel Core processors.

“But that’s the easy part,” he said. “Then you have to get the team to buy into it. On that front, luckily there was no major pushback. I don’t think anyone said it’s great, it’s fantastic, but they said it was fine — we just need a name.

Source:

http://www.intelfreepress.com/news/haswell-origin-of-an-intel-codename/5726/

Edited by Ghost
Removed retort.

Intel mostly code names based on a location or place, rarely based on a person. Braswell is a city located in the United States of Georgia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braswell,_Georgia

Forgot which code name it was, but Intel had this laptop and on the back of it was a logo of a boat in a river, lake, or something. It looked quite nice.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Now just stick in a Titan Black inside that chip and it will be all good.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Does this mean the C2750 Atom / Avoton m-ITX 8-core server boards will have a successor?

Literally the only grain of interest I managed to muster up for this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.