Favorite board/card game?

daytdog

Black jack for card games and Monopoly (I always did Euro edition), Carcasonne or Stratego for board games

EDIT: Yathzee is pretty fun too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

uno is fun

and monopoly

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Can Warhammer 40k be considered a board game?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If you have had a bit of alcohol, and if you are in good company, nothing beats Cards Against Humanity.

I also really like a game called Ego

I play chess with my wife once or twice a week, and I would like it, if I didn't lose 9/10 times.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Monopoly, due to me frustrating everyone I play with by buying up everything and adding hotels to them all. Also, my addiction for buying up old kent road for some reason winds everyone up.

I haven't played cards against humanity yet, but I love the looks of it and intend to buy it very soon so as to have some games & drinks nights with my friends. Nothing like playing a card game when drunk, or in my case slightly tipsy (I hold my drink better than my friends)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Chess. :P

• 3 years later...

What kinds of tabletop games do you guys like to play? I'm partial to Dungeons and Dragons 5E, but I like other RPGs/board games. 

Mostly strategy games, like Risk or Diplomacy. I also enjoy games like Carcassonne, Monopoly, and Chess. Plus a number of card games. I recently tried Formula D, and that was fun too.

I'd say I'm basically interested in any board game that is fun to play :P Although there's usually a large trade-off between complexity and "playability": I don't mind a game being complex, but it typically makes it harder to find people willing to play. And, lately, the same applies to game length: games that last several hours or have absolutely unbounded play time are seldom an option either for me or anyone joining me.

Currently, it is a tie between Munchkin (so much fun with a big group - though the group I play with use House Rules to speed it up) and King of Tokyo.

Though, Exploding Kittens is fun as well (more a card game, but it is fun with skilled players).

Secret Hitler would be my third favorite, especially once you get 11 people playing and individuals get really into character or others start acting funny (advice, 11 drunk military people equals to hilariousness with that game).

Debating though giving Spirit Island a try.  Read a review and looks to be a fun game, or at least looks easier compare to Pandemic (talk about a game that can kick a group's butt).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Im really enjoying Warhammer 40k lately. VERY expensive but lots of fun

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

24 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

Im really enjoying Warhammer 40k lately. VERY expensive but lots of fun

Those figures are sure awesome looking from that set.

Especially the Age of Sigmar ones.  Those some sweet dragons I ever saw.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My favourite roleplaying game is Mouseguard, hands down, but I'll play anything. My favourite board game is Diplomacy, but I'll play most anything in this category as well. I've actually really gotten into co-op games lately and I'm in the final stretches of a Kingdom Death playthrough. I don't play Warhammer, but I do play Hordes.

only played monopoly. problem with table top is finding players to played with which is a bit difficult. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Clue

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Cards against humanity, jenga,chess and more hardcore axis and allies. Not actually tabletop but i mentally add fibbage and drawful to that list.

1 hour ago, Force.Sensitive.Squirrel said:

I don't play Warhammer, but I do play Hordes.

Ooo, Hordes.  Never played that one, but I do like collecting the figures.  :D   Still need to paint the two I have currently.

Just sucks the darn things cost so much, make some of my other hobbies look affordable in comparison.

Shadowrun and D&D any editions but prefer Magic: The Gathering overall. Old School 93/94, Vintage or Legacy.