Favorite board/card game?

daytdog
6 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Those figures are sure awesome looking from that set.

Especially the Age of Sigmar ones.  Those some sweet dragons I ever saw.

yeah. the painting and assembly of the model takes FAR more time than you spend actually playing

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I attend a Meetup for gaming, its quite an eclectic crowd, I always wanted to play the table games with figurines. I just watch them play, I am into more simpler games that are not too too long. It all depends though TBH if there is a decent female playing I always try to get in on that game dont matter what it is.

I can always plays D&D 3.5 (which is the best version, btw) and I also love Ticket to Ride, Stone Age, and any variation of Settlers of Cartan 

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

16 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

yeah. the painting and assembly of the model takes FAR more time than you spend actually playing

I have no doubt, especially if you want the figures look good.

I am collecting a few, just because the darn things are so detailed and neat looking.  Along with my stupid crazy collection of dragon cards spanning Magic The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and a few other card games.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

In terms of boardgames, monopoly - the ultimate friendship destroyer. However, I generally prefer card games and I'll happily play the vast majority of card games. Some of my most played card games include Shithead, cheat/bullshit and bridge.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

I have no doubt, especially if you want the figures look good.

I am collecting a few, just because the darn things are so detailed and neat looking.  Along with my stupid crazy collection of dragon cards spanning Magic The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and a few other card games.

you only collect dragons? Do you play any of the games?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

1 hour ago, SlipperyPete said:

you only collect dragons? Do you play any of the games?

Rarely play since high school.  I just like dragons.  So, I tend to collect them.  I have around probably 40-50 rare dragons (maybe more, need to count) from Magic The Gathering, a few from Yu-Gi-Oh, and several from Pokemon.  I do have a several non-dragons which I like the artwork of the card.  Use to have around two binders worth of rares, but sold half off a few years ago.  About back to needing a 2nd binder again.

The binder and a few shots of the cards:

Spoiler

IMG_20180412_201134333.thumb.jpg.57e1ce07c22dbc0225fe60294b1e2ec4.jpg

IMG_20180412_201156488.thumb.jpg.b52560256d50a63da4d25534c25c2458.jpg

IMG_20180412_201210651.thumb.jpg.9a60d7d21657cef4f1bcf29f63a62a8b.jpg

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Rarely play since high school.  I just like dragons.  So, I tend to collect them.  I have around probably 40-50 rare dragons (maybe more, need to count) from Magic The Gathering, a few from Yu-Gi-Oh, and several from Pokemon.  I do have a several non-dragons which I like the artwork of the card.  Use to have around two binders worth of rares, but sold half off a few years ago.  About back to needing a 2nd binder again.

The binder and a few shots of the cards:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20180412_201134333.thumb.jpg.57e1ce07c22dbc0225fe60294b1e2ec4.jpg

IMG_20180412_201156488.thumb.jpg.b52560256d50a63da4d25534c25c2458.jpg

IMG_20180412_201210651.thumb.jpg.9a60d7d21657cef4f1bcf29f63a62a8b.jpg

thats a really cool hobby to have. I have heard of people who collect and build decks but dont play, but this is something completely new! Awesome and congrats on your collection :D 

Love 40k, Play the PC games, Read the books, Paint the figures. 

Play the board game? nope, I have the tactical prowess of a kitchen sink so never fancied it. But the rest of it. HELL YEAH.

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

15 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

thats a really cool hobby to have. I have heard of people who collect and build decks but dont play, but this is something completely new! Awesome and congrats on your collection :D 

Think last time I played was my senior year and that was a Yu-Gi-Oh deck.  One of my friends who played a lot found it a tough time beating me (kept begging me to play against him).  That chap barely beat me by getting lucky with drawing a card.  I got this nasty habit of building decks that destroy decks.  Had about half or more of his deck in his grave yard or exiled from the game.  Or, build decks that make attacking me or doing damage very prohibitive.

9 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Think last time I played was my senior year and that was a Yu-Gi-Oh deck.  One of my friends who played a lot found it a tough time beating me (kept begging me to play against him).  That chap barely beat me by getting lucky with drawing a card.  I got this nasty habit of building decks that destroy decks.  Had about half or more of his deck in his grave yard or exiled from the game.  Or, build decks that make attacking me or doing damage very prohibitive.

I have a friend who plays magic decks like that. He plays a deck that summons masses of creatures to the point where there is almost no playing against it :P 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 4:02 PM, SlipperyPete said:

Im really enjoying Warhammer 40k lately. VERY expensive but lots of fun

I just started my first army: Tyranids. Getting things ready over the summer to be able to play when my friends come back from summer internships and such. There's a location near us that does games every Thursday night, so we're going to start going to those after I learn the basics. Never played before, but always wanted to.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:57 PM, Ithanul said:

Currently, it is a tie between Munchkin (so much fun with a big group - though the group I play with use House Rules to speed it up) and King of Tokyo.

Though, Exploding Kittens is fun as well (more a card game, but it is fun with skilled players).

Secret Hitler would be my third favorite, especially once you get 11 people playing and individuals get really into character or others start acting funny (advice, 11 drunk military people equals to hilariousness with that game).

Debating though giving Spirit Island a try.  Read a review and looks to be a fun game, or at least looks easier compare to Pandemic (talk about a game that can kick a group's butt).

Sounds like a lot of experience I've been to. Munchkins of great fun, and Secret Hitler is amazing. I also looked Rattus. If you like Pandemic, Rattus is kind of similar, but way better.

Saboteur is great for as well. My work has tabletop/board game Wednesday during lunch, and I try to get in on that as much as I can. New games very often.

I'm also getting into D&D, going to start this summer. My son and I also like Oregon Trail card game and magic. Also play the standard games like Risk and Stratego.

Been trying to find someone to play the Star Trek game with me, but finding Trekkies nowadays is kind of hard.

Betrayal at House on the Hill has become one of my favorites. Essentially all the players are exploring a haunted house until someone triggers the "haunt"; which is different each time you play. Then it usually becomes one player vs. the rest; each with their own set of rules and knowledge of what's going on.

Secret Hitler is pretty great as well.

2 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I just started my first army: Tyranids. Getting things ready over the summer to be able to play when my friends come back from summer internships and such. There's a location near us that does games every Thursday night, so we're going to start going to those after I learn the basics. Never played before, but always wanted to.

Welcome to the xenos :P
im a Tau player myself. One thing to keep in mind, your gonna make mistakes and thats ok. The game takes a long time to learn the intricacies of. Also the FAQ is your friend. Overall the army crafting and lore is as exciting as the game itself. Have fun :D 

9 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Sounds like a lot of experience I've been to. Munchkins of great fun, and Secret Hitler is amazing. I also looked Rattus. If you like Pandemic, Rattus is kind of similar, but way better.

Saboteur is great for as well. My work has tabletop/board game Wednesday during lunch, and I try to get in on that as much as I can. New games very often.

I'm also getting into D&D, going to start this summer. My son and I also like Oregon Trail card game and magic. Also play the standard games like Risk and Stratego.

Been trying to find someone to play the Star Trek game with me, but finding Trekkies nowadays is kind of hard.

I need to find a local group down here in Florida, or see if any groups on base do tabletop games.

I did not mind Pandemic, but darn that game is not an easy one.  Debating about getting Clank!, the game looks interesting and the game mechanics look fun.

Exploding Kittens and Catan (even though I'm bad and my brother cheats).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈