NVIDIA have been hit with a class action suit over the GTX 970.

There seems to be a number of people in the tech industry that keep focusing on the notion that only lawyers will gain anything, but they need to realize that consequence is still necessary. If consumer rights are not upheld, then consumer rights do not exist. that is how law works. It is very rigid, and based mostly on precedent. Who cares if people only get a couple bucks from this 5 years from now, that is not the point; the point is that a company is being reprimanded publicly for nefarious behavior, so that it doesn't continue. why can't some people understand this?

spiderman-idiot-shit.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

-snip-

Except that these are lawyers, it's entirely about the money, I don't think a single lawyer in this case truly cares or even fully understands the segmented memory.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Ahh i see. Well anyway i can still post the pictures if people truly don't believe me. Hell the pics are in the legal paperwork Exhibit E if you look it up.

I understand that some people may just be jumping on the bandwagon so to speak, but i truly am having horrible problems with the 970 in vram intensive situations. Any game at 4k runs poorly, with much lower minimum fps than even an R9 290 or even a 280X in many cases, as well as having stuttering and freezing, and this is on SLI so you would expect fps to at least be playable, even the minimums. Then at 1440p at least half the games i've tried do it, they'll freeze for several seconds at a time and then restart in games like shadow of mordor, dying light, texture modded skyrim etc.. and even at "lowly" 1080p i get pretty bad stuttering on the above-mentioned games. And it's literally made the cards un-usable for the college classes i was planning to take, when using the programs you are expected to use for these courses it hits high vram usage nearly immediately and even when it does work it takes hours just to finish one small video segment whereas others can do it with a 290X or 980 in 30 minutes tops.

That is crazy. Have you tried with a simgle card? I get 25-30fps in Dying Light @4k. 45fps @ 1440p and 80-90fps 1080p. @4k and 1440p i use 3.6 - 3.8gb vram. Not stuttering no freezing ever. Thats all on a single 970 with clcoks of 1550/3900

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Except that these are lawyers, it's entirely about the money, I don't think a single lawyer in this case truly cares or even fully understands the segmented memory.

We'll see. Until then I won't jump onto conclusions.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

@TheSLSAMG, I know you'll appreciate this example:

Ferrari often sends out tuned cars to the press. What do I mean by tuned? I mean, they send you a goddamn Ferrari engineering team along with the car to tune it to whatever track and conditions they are permitting the press to test drive the car at. Jesus, these guys will tune a car FOR A SERIES OF BACKROADS if they need to, not just track stuff. 

Normal owners don't get that kind of thing though. They aren't buying the car that the magazines tested. They're getting a slower car once they sign on the dotted line for their $350,000 458. Do they care? Not particularly. And I'd wager a supercar is a lot more relevant to the average citizen than a performance GPU. Honestly. Ferrari > Nvidia in this for how important this is to your average joe and guess what? 

Both are several thousand orders of a magnitude below truly important shit in the eyes of the law and the lawyers and well, even me. 

People don't want to understand that we aren't condoning Nvidia here. We're mad at them, but what can you do? Honestly? Speak up, beyond buying AMD (which I don't want to do, because until they have lower TDP its pointless in my mini builds) what can you do? All companies don't just lie, they actively figure out how much they can get away with on a daily basis. Stop acting like ANYONE is innocent in anything and stop being white knights acting so offended (and so personally insulted) that your good old pals at Nvidia would lie to you. 

Ugh. This entire situation. Absurd. All we're telling them in the future to be more sneaky about it. Oh, we're telling the lawyers to have several lifetimes of vacations about it as well while we enjoy 15 dollar gift cards to the Nvidia store. 

Comparing a super car that only a few can afford, versus a mid range card that most PC gamers can afford isn't a great example.

Do you not find it odd that Nvidia made no official statements, on what was there highest volume newest card. But instead passed out press releases. Sounds like plausible deniability.

Yes they only people that are going to win out of this instance is the lawyers. However Nvidia might choose not to do the same thing in the future, which is good for the consumer in the long run.

One other thing no one seems to want to consider is what effect did the 970 have upon it's competitor? If we were given the proper information at the start, some may have chosen differently, others like yourself would have still chose the 970 for the low TDP. We all have different needs, but correct information is necessary. Some people may never tax the GPU to hit that 3.5 GB barrier, others will. Also we have no idea what games in the future will require.

Sadly consumers are becoming more like sheep, Apple v Droid, Nvidia v AMD, Intel v AMD etc. They all do the same thing, some do it better than others. None of them are angels. One thing in common, they just want your money. Nor do any of these companies reward you for being loyal to them.

How about we hope for a sensible judge? One who will rule quickly, minimizing attorneys fees and kicking back some money to the consumers before a time span of 5 years?

Forgive me, but this is the internet and anyone can pretend to be anyone.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/w8uslw.jpg

Go look up the official legal complaint, towards the bottom you'll see Exhibit A, B, C etc..  look down to iirc, exhibit E. It's the same picture i just posted to you; because it's the one i provided to show the product i purchased that qulified me to be plaintiff. It should mention my name on the complaint as well, Andrew O.

That is crazy. Have you tried with a simgle card? I get 25-30fps in Dying Light @4k. 45fps @ 1440p and 80-90fps 1080p. @4k and 1440p i use 3.6 - 3.8gb vram. Not stuttering no freezing ever. Thats all on a single 970 with clcoks of 1550/3900

yup, i just got the 2nd 970 recently, before i was using a single 970 on an old Asrock H61 ITX mobo with only one pci-e 16x slot so i couldn't do SLI. But i tried it on my Rampage IV Black Edition with both cards and the same thing happened. As i mentioned it isn't the average fps that fraps will give you that is the problem, it's the minimum framerate and (even more so) the frame timings you can test with f-cat. I'm glad you aren't having any problems, or perhaps our standards are just different and you don't notice it?, but either way it still ruined my college courses, i could possibly live with it limiting my gaming but i paid over $1,000 on two 970s and waterblocks for them and because of it i had to back out of the college courses i planned to take,and might lose a scholarship because of it if i can't get a replacement card (lest someone call me an AMD fanboy the ONLY card i'd be willing to use over a 970 is a 980, i don't trust R9 290/290X for my classes or even gaming due to low single card performance compared to the 970/980) in time i'd have to apply again and might not get approved.

Actually i was the one who contacted the lawyers, not the other way around. So they wouldn't have even considered bringing the case until they found out about it from me. I looked up a firm that had prior false advertising experience. And after discussing it with them the first lawyer i talked to actually did have an understanding of the memory sub-system pretty well. And they actually have a lawyer in their california branch i spoke with who has participated in prior Nvidia suits, who is a gamer himself (you can tell if someone is a "fake" gamer, this guy wasn't. he knew random gaming memes and described his sli rig to me etc..) so people are kind of overreacting thinking some bigwig rich guys out of touch with the real issues are the only ones handling this. Perhaps we won't get much money, yes. But the actual purpose of this case is to get REFUNDS if possible, so it's not the kind of case that's likely to just give out a check in the mail. I specifically said i felt the best course of action was to ask for refund or a step up program at discount/free. But even if all they can get is a payout, the total amount asked is over 5 million, if only 100,000 people joined the suit (that's honestly probably more than really will since most 970 owners probably will never know about this and of the ones that do, many might not care) assuming the 5 mil number, that gives each person $50, so looking at this situation which is a worst case scenario since refund is what would truly be the goal, we would still be $50 more than what we'd have had if the case wasn't filed; and we would've taught companies that we won't just sit down and take it when we are lied to. If Nvidia had truly apologized and offered something to us, like a paid step up program or game coupons etc.. i imagine most of us would've been pacified and not so angry. But they not only refuse to admit responsibility, blaming it on "miscommunication" (i.e. excuses 101) they refuse to apologize in a meaningful way.

yup, i just got the 2nd 970 recently, before i was using a single 970 on an old Asrock H61 ITX mobo with only one pci-e 16x slot so i couldn't do SLI. But i tried it on my Rampage IV Black Edition with both cards and the same thing happened. As i mentioned it isn't the average fps that fraps will give you that is the problem, it's the minimum framerate and (even more so) the frame timings you can test with f-cat. I'm glad you aren't having any problems, or perhaps our standards are just different and you don't notice it?, but either way it still ruined my college courses, i could possibly live with it limiting my gaming but i paid over $1,000 on two 970s and waterblocks for them and because of it i had to back out of the college courses i planned to take,and might lose a scholarship because of it if i can't get a replacement card (lest someone call me an AMD fanboy the ONLY card i'd be willing to use over a 970 is a 980, i don't trust R9 290/290X for my classes or even gaming due to low single card performance compared to the 970/980) in time i'd have to apply again and might not get approved.

I monitor frame time as well. I find it odd that some people have issues and some don't. For you to experience freezing @ 1440p is weird considering i get 40+fps without issue. I saw other videos of guys using 3.8gb of vram in SoM and didnt have issues either. I am curious why the issue isnt consistent across all cards. Do you have any video of the stuttering / freezing? Found a recent video of SoM and the guy is using all 4gb of Vram with no issues. 

http://youtu.be/xbmKik7KPqw

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

This is a very good comparision test:

http://youtu.be/kLs6YJrP5xU

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Good, i hope this hurts Nvidia! It's sad that people are accepting what Nvidia did in this thread, just because it technically has 4gbs of vram doesn't mean what they did was right! and companies will continue to exploit the consumer like this until we speak up and they get financially hurt, which is what is about to hopefully happen!

The problem is that this forum is littered with AMD fanboys so whenever I try to take a neutral stance, I look like a fanboy in comparison to the huge AMD fanboys.

Unfortunately this is the case with all fanboys from all sides, you can't be rational because both sides will accuse you of being a fanboy and dismiss all you have to say right out of hand.

That's a ridiculous and incorrect metaphor. Ferrari doesn't advertise free press crews in their marketing.

And Nvidia don't advertise the rops or cache either in brochures or in their marketing, it is purely a product description for the reviewers just like ferrari tuning up their cars solely for the reviewers.

Also on the vram side of things,  I think it is a reasonable metaphor given that all car manufacturers market their engines as being a certain HP.  But the reality is that it doesn't generate that across the entire rev range (just like the entire Vram doesn't operate at the same speed across all allocations) most of the time the actual HP is several times lower than that advertised,  does this mean everyone is entitled to a 20% rebate on the brand new cars?

Actually i was the one who contacted the lawyers, ...snip...

If lawyers weren't hunting people down to make this case then it's because they know it has a low chance of being won.  On the other hand if lawyers are leading the charge then it's because they see dollar signs.  Like it or not, either way the consumer has little to gain from it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My thoughts on gameworks:

The proof is that in some nvidia titles a 650 ti boost beats a 270x.

Thats good proof enough that some games are extremely NVIDIA biased easily.

But you guys like blank statements with nothing to back them off i guess.

There is absolutely no proof that Gameworks gimps AMD performance, absolutely none. Any program which exists can be disassembled and de-compiled for analysis, even if the function names and variable names are screwed up. They could easily find any string checking (just like with the intel compiler in Cinebench problem) for AMD cards or drivers. If there was proof, AMD would have found it a long damn time ago and sued.

Im behind @zappian on this. There was a monster hunter online benchmark tool that went available to the public sometime ago.

I've only read a little article on a mmorpg website saying that the benchmark tool features nvidia stuff. I was able to run the benchmarks and

I thought my little 280x ran the benchmarks fairly well. When I went back to the video and the posters said in the description on the "ranking mode"

benchmark he was able to get a 10k score while in the same benchmark I could only get 9k. At first i thought he was running some high end gpu

but nope. It was a mere 660ti. 

I found another video showing a benchmark of a gtx 760 and I went back to benchmark my own 280x 

and needless to say i was beaten by a 760 :< 

r9 280x:

xayNp9W.jpg

GTX 760:

WLGNuOp.jpg

gee thanks nvidia :/

Here's that gtx 760 video: http://computerbackup.vidlify.net/en/video/A6ApeARS3lY/Monster-hunter-online-GTX-760-Benchmark-on-Ultra

My thoughts on this topic:

Many people here are saying that this would only benefit the lawyers. True, I guess this would only benefit the lawyers, but they are the ones

moving their asses. And we're just here saying how they don't deserve anything. I don't think people would study to become lawyers if the pay was so 

little. I don't support nvidia getting sued but I'm glad that something is happening.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

@mr moose Sad thing is that if Nvidia is greatly affected by this, they cut employees and R & D.  Means less competition and innovation, which hurts everyone.

That's a scary thought.  I can't see them cutting R+D, that'd be a long term death sentence in this industry, but I guess other avenues to regain loses could be nasty.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's a scary thought.  I can't see them cutting R+D, that'd be a long term death sentence in this industry, but I guess other avenues to regain loses could be nasty.

Isn't that what AMD was forced to do? Cut their R&D?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Good. I hope they get taken to the cleaners for this, even if I don't get my money back. Companies need to learn that lying about a product is NOT okay.

Technically it wasn't a lie. There was 4 gigabytes of physical vram in there. And the cumulative ROPS count was also correct.

It was just a really scummy way to advertise. Its just like how smartphones "octacore" is 4 strong cores, and 4 weak cores, changing which is active. there are physical 8 cores there, you just cant use all 8 to do a single task.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Isn't that what AMD was forced to do? Cut their R&D?

Yes, I firmly believe most of AMDs issues today are the result of not enough money in R+D. 

Technically it wasn't a lie. There was 4 gigabytes of physical vram in there. And the cumulative ROPS count was also correct.

Nope, the number of working ROPs is lower than initially stated by nvidia.   where speed of ram and usefulness of the last X amount is always a varying figure, the number of working ROPs is not, it either has that many or it doesn't.

Nope, the number of working ROPs is lower than initially stated by nvidia.   where speed of ram and usefulness of the last X amount is always a varying figure, the number of working ROPs is not, it either has that many or it doesn't.

and all those GPU experts who bought the 970 and are now complaining would have known all the way from the beginning, that the number of working ROPs would lead to an insignificant performance drop. They would have been able to calculate the exact performance drop and then clearly decide, that the 970 isn't worth the money.

Nobody ever filled a lawsuit when nvidia or amd were selling cards with huge amounts of memory and terrible low bandwidths ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@mr moose Sad thing is that if Nvidia is greatly affected by this, they cut employees and R & D.  Means less competition and innovation, which hurts everyone.

Why, because Nvidia is god's gift to PC Gaming? PC Gaming got along fine before Nvidia, and at one time Nvidia was considered the crappy, budget option that fanboys of 3DFX LAUGHED at. PC Gaming could get along fine after, just like they did when 3DFX folded, who was the ONLY option for high end gaming. Nvidia skyrocketed forward after they inherited 3DFX tech, and that was a company that did some really stupid things with their money and also deserved it's fall.

We have multiple companies who want to get involved with GPU's. I would rather have some of them involved than Nvidia who is refereed to as the "video card mafia" by people who worked on Steam OS and who does shady crap like Game Works and changing game libraries which can screw over their own past customers not on their newest card series.

http://richg42.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-truth-on-opengl-driver-quality.html

If Nvidia folded tomorrow, which is NOT going to happen because they are making money like crazy, I would dance on their graves. Why? Because they are one of the most anti consumer, anti competitive companies I have ever seen. Who says they would cut employees from R & D? Maybe they would cut BS buyouts of Game Works titles where they pressure or pay devs to tessellate the hell out of a game for no visual payoff to win benchmarks. Tree tessellation looks WORSE than bump mapping in Far Cry 4 and just screws up the shadows. It was added literally the last day of release and is literally a sucker setting that robs people of performance so they could win benchmarks. Maybe they would stop working on proprietary tech in R & D and instead push forward industry standards. All that would be a good thing.

Also Nvidia is holding themselves back, and they are doing that because they can get money for a budget bus on a good GPU core, and then sell a good core on a good bus later to the same people.

The new Maxwell's are already good. Their bus however is cheap garbage. Nvidia will just slap that GPU on a decent bus and compete with AMD's next card. 

Who is to say what will happen in 20 years. AMD could be gone, Intel could be gone. Nvidia could be gone. We may be running ARM CPU's with Samsung GPU's or a company may come out of nowhere (like Nvidia did) and be the new "premium video card company". Hopefully they are not as anti consumer and anti competitive...

People want to act as if MS and Nvidia ARE PC Gaming. They are both new comers. Their monopolies and idiocy are both new comers. If they both left the PC Gaming industry I would not care one bit. If a trial like this gets Nvidia negative press, along with Game Works (which Nvidia thinks they can control as far as backlash with ad revenue on websites and the ability to blacklist anyone that bad mouths them). GOOD. I literally have zero respect for any "tech journalist" who refused to slam Game Works due to ad revenue, partnerships with Nvidia, being given hardware from Nvidia, taking vacations to demos for Nvidia. All they were doing was protecting their own interests and they are not looking out for the consumer. When I had a GTX 770 I said Game Works was stupid. I had to turn down Tessellation in games with it, because of Nvidia BS.

If Nvidia stops their BS, I will be glad to buy another Nvidia card. ATM? I refuse to support this company. I put a GTX 970 in a mini itx I build for my sister and it looks like it will be gimped for 1440 DSR downsampling in future titles (which is why I bought the card in the first place, when I could have bought a 150 dollar R9 280 to run games at 1080p), when I already did not like the companies policies and BS. That is the last Nvidia product I will ever purchase until they change some things. 

To put it simply? Nvidia is way too powerful as far as the ability to control press, limit anything negative said about them. Find me Evolve benchmarks. Where are they? Why don't they exist on the big sites like Tom's Hardware? Non existing because a 290x beat a GTX 980 and the GTX 970 performed mediocre.  Same reason Tom's Hardware refused to run an article on the ROPs/Cache/VRAM/Bandwidth until their readers slammed them for a week over it. Our "tech media" is a joke with no balls that only looks out for themselves. Sweclockers (whom I respect) ran benchmarks. Where are the other ones? Some false benchmark from RussianGPU that has inconsistencies like this? Who paid for this benchmark? Those results are literally impossible lol. This entire "benchmark" is a paid for fantasy and was the only "bigger site" to show Nvidia winning on the GPU front. Time to throw away my I7 and go grab a I3...Also I better grab one of those original Bulldozer chips. L O L.

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/evolve-test-gpu.html

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

We would benefit by Nvidia being taken down a notch, just like we benefited by MS having a true challenger with the new OpenGL/Steam OS. Do you think MS would have made Win 10 free, or allowed everyone to be on the same API without competition? Yeah right. To be honest we need Steam OS/next OpenGL to be great just so MS doesn't do something shady like add a subscription fee to Windows 10... 

Have fun selling that refusing to give into anti consumer crap from Nvidia will "hurt the consumer" Nvidia shareholders, astroturfers or people that stand to lose personal income due to this. This thread is comedy gold. You are probably looking at about 50 percent shareholders in this thread protecting their investments, and the funny thing is some of these people admitted to owning Nvidia stock in the past and or posted jubilation at Nvidia profit calls.

Edited by colonel_mortis

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Why, because Nvidia is god's gift to PC Gaming? PC Gaming got along fine before Nvidia, and at one time Nvidia was considered the crappy, budget option that fanboys of 3DFX LAUGHED at. PC Gaming could get along fine after, just like they did when 3DFX folded, who was the ONLY option for high end gaming. Nvidia skyrocketed forward after they inherited 3DFX tech, and that was a company that did some really stupid things with their money and also deserved it's fall.

We have multiple companies who want to get involved with GPU's. I would rather have some of them involved than Nvidia who is refereed to as the "video card mafia" by people who worked on Steam OS and who does shady crap like Game Works and changing game libraries which can screw over their own past customers not on their newest card series.

http://richg42.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-truth-on-opengl-driver-quality.html

If Nvidia folded tomorrow, which is NOT going to happen because they are making money like crazy, I would dance on their graves. Why? Because they are one of the most anti consumer, anti competitive companies I have ever seen. Who says they would cut employees from R & D? Maybe they would cut BS buyouts of Game Works titles where they pressure or pay devs to tessellate the hell out of a game for no visual payoff to win benchmarks. Tree tessellation looks WORSE than bump mapping in Far Cry 4 and just screws up the shadows. It was added literally the last day of release and is literally a sucker setting that robs people of performance so they could win benchmarks. Maybe they would stop working on proprietary tech in R & D and instead push forward industry standards. All that would be a good thing.

Also Nvidia is holding themselves back, and they are doing that because they can get money for a budget bus on a good GPU core, and then sell a good core on a good bus later to the same people.

The new Maxwell's are already good. Their bus however is cheap garbage. Nvidia will just slap that GPU on a decent bus and compete with AMD's next card. 

Who is to say what will happen in 20 years. AMD could be gone, Intel could be gone. Nvidia could be gone. We may be running ARM CPU's with Samsung GPU's or a company may come out of nowhere (like Nvidia did) and be the new "premium video card company". Hopefully they are not as anti consumer and anti competitive...

People want to act as if MS and Nvidia ARE PC Gaming. They are both new comers. Their monopolies and idiocy are both new comers. If they both left the PC Gaming industry I would not care one bit. If a trial like this gets Nvidia negative press, along with Game Works (which Nvidia thinks they can control as far as backlash with ad revenue on websites and the ability to blacklist anyone that bad mouths them). GOOD. I literally have zero respect for any "tech journalist" who refused to slam Game Works due to ad revenue, partnerships with Nvidia, being given hardware from Nvidia, taking vacations to demos for Nvidia. All they were doing was protecting their own interests and they are not looking out for the consumer. When I had a GTX 770 I said Game Works was stupid. I had to turn down Tessellation in games with it, because of Nvidia BS.

If Nvidia stops their BS, I will be glad to buy another Nvidia card. ATM? I refuse to support this company. I put a GTX 970 in a mini itx I build for my sister and it looks like it will be gimped for 1440 DSR downsampling in future titles (which is why I bought the card in the first place, when I could have bought a 150 dollar R9 280 to run games at 1080p), when I already did not like the companies policies and BS. That is the last Nvidia product I will ever purchase until they change some things. 

To put it simply? Nvidia is way too powerful as far as the ability to control press, limit anything negative said about them. Find me Evolve benchmarks. Where are they? Why don't they exist on the big sites like Tom's Hardware? Non existing because a 290x beat a GTX 980?  Same reason Tom's hardware refused to run an article on the ROPs/Cache/VRAM/Bandwidth until their readers slammed them for a week over it. Our "tech media" is a joke with no balls that only looks out for themselves. Sweclockers (whom I respect) ran benchmarks. Where are the other ones? Some false benchmark from RussianGPU that has inconsistencies like this? Who paid for this benchmark? Those results are literally impossible lol. This entire "benchmark" is a paid for fantasy and was the only "bigger site" to show Nvidia winning on the GPU front. Time to throw away my I7 and go grab a I3...Also I better grab one of those original Bulldozer chips. L O L.

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/evolve-test-gpu.html

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

We would benefit by Nvidia being taken down a notch, just like we benefited by MS having a true challenger with the new OpenGL/Steam OS. Do you think MS would have made Win 10 free, or allowed everyone to be on the same API without competition? Yeah right. To be honest we need Steam OS/next OpenGL to be great just so MS doesn't do something shady like add a subscription fee to Windows 10... 

Have fun selling that refusing to give into anti consumer crap from Nvidia will "hurt the consumer" Nvidia shareholders, astroturfers or people that stand to lose personal income due to this. This thread is comedy gold. You are probably looking at about 50 percent shareholders in this thread protecting their investments, and the funny thing is some of these people admitted to owning Nvidia shares in the past and or posted jubilation at Nvidia profit calls. You people are literally scum. 

I agree with a lot of that, but you may want to try and remain objective in the future. (A rant is all well and good, but its easy to get carried away. Eg:

Have fun selling that refusing to give into anti consumer crap from Nvidia will "hurt the consumer" Nvidia shareholders, astroturfers or people that stand to lose personal income due to this. This thread is comedy gold. You are probably looking at about 50 percent shareholders in this thread protecting their investments, and the funny thing is some of these people admitted to owning Nvidia shares in the past and or posted jubilation at Nvidia profit calls. You people are literally scum. '

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

snip

Mate, that's some borderline tin foil hat stuff.  They are a company just like any other, they are not mafia, they don't control the media, they don't earn enough to buy out the government etc etc etc.

They are just another company that is trying to make more money while preventing their competitors from gaining market share. 

I'll admit it is interesting how these opinions of companies develop, you never hear these theories when the company is going bust or really small, only when they are successful.   Kinda makes you think about the driving motivation for such ideas.