NVIDIA have been hit with a class action suit over the GTX 970.

Note that the case isn't for all of those who bought a GTX 970, only some of them. And its not even that many people if you look at all of the details.

I really don't understand this claim everybody claims. Since it's by design, it's effects must be consistent throughout all 970s.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I really don't understand this claim everybody claims. Since it's by design, it's effects must be consistent throughout all 970s.

I was talking about how many people are actually able to participate in the lawsuit. Its not that many when you consider the other GTX 970 owners around the world.

It was filed in the U.S. District Court for Northern California

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Why do you think that?  Just because all the cards are the same doesn't meant he effects will be exactly the same.  There are so many different variations in all the machines these card are installed in, different settings different games, different cpus etc.   And that's not too mention it is still entirely possible the vram issue is masked/moot next to the processing limits of the GPU itself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

How about we sue those publishers that released unfinished games?

Isn't this why Ubisoft gave away free games to those that bought Unity and the season pass so they could make you agree to not sue them... So clearly Ubisoft knew it was possible.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Why do you think that?  Just because all the cards are the same doesn't meant he effects will be exactly the same.  There are so many different variations in all the machines these card are installed in, different settings different games, different cpus etc.   And that's not too mention it is still entirely possible the vram issue is masked/moot next to the processing limits of the GPU itself.

This^^^^ I dont have issues unless i go searching for them but i could do that with almost any GPU. I wouldn't give up this 970 for anything at the moment. I also didnt buy the card expecting it to run @ crazy resolutions and settings. I am intelligent enough to know a 330$ GPU isn't going to perform like a flagship card. 

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Why do you think that?  Just because all the cards are the same doesn't meant the effects will be exactly the same.  There are so many different variations in all the machines these card are installed in, different settings different games, different cpus etc.   And that's not too mention it is still entirely possible the vram issue is masked/moot next to the processing limits of the GPU itself.

How someone can say so much and amount to so little is beyond me. That is exactly what that means, it means ALL ELSE EQUAL the card's problems, should they arise, are going to be damn well consistent across every brand's PCB and in nearly every system. Redundancy is annoying to keep seeing. Is a podium really needed to state "different things are different"

Different settings - Only when the game's settings push the VRAM beyond the threshold. Saying "different" settings is redundant.

Different games - Only when the game pushes the VRAM beyond the threshold. Saying "different" games is redundant.

Different CPU's - Most modern quad cores haven't been a bottleneck for GPU's for years. The GPU is the bottleneck in 9 out of 10 cases.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

How someone can say so much and amount to so little is beyond me. That is exactly what that means, it means ALL ELSE EQUAL the card's problems, should they arise, are going to be damn well consistent across every brand's PCB and in nearly every system. Redundancy is annoying to keep seeing. Is a podium really needed to state "different things are different"

Different settings - Only when the game's settings push the VRAM beyond the threshold. Saying "different" settings is redundant.

Different games - Only when the game pushes the VRAM beyond the threshold. Saying "different" games is redundant.

Different CPU's - Most modern quad cores haven't been a bottleneck for GPU's for years. The GPU is the bottleneck in 9 out of 10 cases.

Apparently they do, you missed the most important part of my post,  There are people claiming no issues when exceeding 3.5G,  have you conveniently forgotten that?  Some people experience problems the second they hit 3.5  while others have no issue until 3.8 while others again have no issue upto 4G.    Hate to say it but only synthetic tests designed to measure vram speed have revealed the 3.5G issue consistently,  for everyone else it varies indicating there is more at play than just vram issues.  If people would simply look at the facts and stop ignoring the inconvenient parts the obvious would not need to be said.  And to be honest if you don't like redundant posts then stop making them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apparently they do, you missed the most important part of my post,  There are people claiming no issues when exceeding 3.5G,  have you conveniently forgotten that?  Some people experience problems the second they hit 3.5  while others have no issue until 3.8 while others again have no issue upto 4G.    Hate to say it but only synthetic tests designed to measure vram speed have revealed the 3.5G issue consistently,  for everyone else it varies indicating there is more at play than just vram issues.  If people would simply look at the facts and stop ignoring the inconvenient parts the obvious would not need to be said.  And to be honest if you don't like redundant posts then stop making them.

I did it with Minecraft 4K DSR with shaders, its there and plain to see (Minecraft being the un-optimized game it is slowly increased its amount of vRAM usage even when standing still and doing nothing).

PMSL

I did it with Minecraft 4K DSR with shaders, its there and plain to see (Minecraft being the un-optimized game it is slowly increased its amount of vRAM usage even when standing still and doing nothing).

Of course.  And we had video on page 15 showing 4G used and no stuttering or frame drops.  Does this not prove there is sufficient variation in systems and games to provoke a different outcome?

I mean it could simply be the way windows allocated ram in that one instance or it could be a choked up pcie lane caused by any number of issues.  The possible reasons are endless.  To outright lay the root cause of these issues as the vram, not only without evidence but while there is conflicting evidence is, in my mind, the opposite of rational.

Of course.  And we had video on page 15 showing 4G used and no stuttering or frame drops.  Does this not prove there is sufficient variation in systems and games to provoke a different outcome?

I mean it could simply be the way windows allocated ram in that one instance or it could be a choked up pcie lane caused by any number of issues.  The possible reasons are endless.  To outright lay the root cause of these issues as the vram, not only without evidence but while there is conflicting evidence is, in my mind, the opposite of rational.

In my case: GTX 970 running @ PCIe 3.0, x16, 16GB DDR3 1333MHz, i5 4440, 60GB SSD (LS Force). The GTX 970 had a 140MHz OC and 500MHz on the vRAM. I had the issue in a system that had bottlenecks at an absolute minimum without more expensive components (i7 k, high speed RAM, PCIe SSD).

PMSL

Why do you think that? Just because all the cards are the same doesn't meant he effects will be exactly the same.  There are so many different variations in all the machines these card are installed in, different settings different games, different cpus etc. And that's not too mention it is still entirely possible the vram issue is masked/moot next to the processing limits of the GPU itself.

The problem is at the chip level, and AIBs cannot modify the chip themselves. So every 970, however customized, is still a GTX 970 with the memory bandwidth and ROP & cache fault.

I'm not talking about the effects or results. Remember @DeViLzzz said he didn't care about the performance of the card. He was angry about the gimped specs. And what I thought @ said was that the missing ROPs and cache was not the case of every 970.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Lets hope we can download the extra 0,5 VRAM for free.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

lol?

uh, consumer protection maybe?

They did a mistake (and i think they didnt do it on purpose, why would they) and you want to sue them for that? as i said typical american ;)

They did a mistake (and i think they didnt do it on purpose, why would they) and you want to sue them for that? as i said typical american ;)

So wait.... You're telling me that Nvidia, as a company, shouldn't be punished for false advertising and deceiving customers?

This is the reason big companies continue to shit on consumers, because idiots out there let companies slide with the shit they do and don't think they did anything wrong. Big companies aren't your friend, they're nobody's friend, it amazes me that you laugh when Americans are sue happy, as you may call it. 1) this is a situation in which legal action is completely reasonable. 2) At least us sue happy Americans stand up for ourselves as consumers...some of us anyways, if we aren't fanboys and slaves to companies that lie to us.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

So wait.... You're telling me that Nvidia, as a company, shouldn't be punished for false advertising and deceiving customers?

This is the reason big companies continue to shit on consumers, because idiots out there let companies slide with the shit they do and don't think they did anything wrong. Big companies aren't your friend, they're nobody's friend, it amazes me that you laugh when Americans are sue happy, as you may call it. 1) this is a situation in which legal action is completely reasonable. 2) At least us sue happy Americans stand up for ourselves as consumers...some of us anyways, if we aren't fanboys and slaves to companies that lie to us.

1.Why do do think Nvidia did it on purpose? .Explain me that please. 2."Big companies arent your friend"  stupidest things ive heard sorry. 3. "At least us sue happy Americans stand up for ourselves as consumers" again typical American thinking hes the best.

Always Blame the Big Companies and The Government for all kind of shit. Please mate. 

I think Nvida had some communication issues with their team, and you know what? they are humans. People can do mistakes. 

Dont hate me for my opinion. i respect yours. i just dont agree with you.

1.Why do do think Nvidia did it on purpose? .Explain me that please. 2."Big companies arent your friend" stupidest things ive heard sorry. 3. "At least us sue happy Americans stand up for ourselves as consumers" again typical American thinking hes the best.

Always Blame the Big Companies and The Government for all kind of shit. Please mate.

I think Nvida had some communication issues with their team, and you know what? they are humans. People can do mistakes.

Dont hate me for my opinion. i respect yours. i just dont agree with you.

1) I never said Nvidia did it on purpose. Accidents happen, and there are some accidents that are justifiably punishable. This is one of those cases.

2) How is that stupid? That statement could use some explaining, because I don't see where you're coming from.

3) You apparently didn't read the rest of my statement, as I said that some of us are smart with our money and that in fact most of Americans are stupid fanboys and slaves to companies as well.

I can't say I respect your opinion, since you're seemingly prejudice against Americans. I was simply defending myself from your rude, ignorant, and inconsiderate thoughts about someone because of their nationality.

Don't tell me you respect anything about me when it's clear that your don't. You're lying straight through your damn teeth.

I have a problem with your ignorance towards someone because of the country they're from. It's 2015, your prejudice is just as bad as racism. Grow up.

Привет товарищ ))))

1) I never said Nvidia did it on purpose. Accidents happen, and there are some accidents that are justifiably punishable. This is one of those cases.

2) How is that stupid? That statement could use some explaining, because I don't see where you're coming from.

3) You apparently didn't read the rest of my statement, as I said that some of us are smart with our money and that in fact most of Americans are stupid fanboys and slaves to companies as well.

I can't say I respect your opinion, since you're seemingly prejudice against Americans. I was simply defending myself from your rude, ignorant, and inconsiderate thoughts about someone because of their nationality.

Don't tell me you respect anything about me when it's clear that your don't. You're lying straight through your damn teeth.

I don't have a problem with your opinion, I have a problem with your ignorance towards someone because of the country they're from. It's 2015, your prejudice is just as bad as racism. Grow up.

Racism, ingroance and lying?, Nothing ive said is racist,  Second seems like you cant have a normal discussion without being angry. so i will stop here.

I have nothing against Americans. Please dont make this thread a flamewar. 

Racism, ingroance and lying?, Nothing ive said is racist,  Second seems like you cant have a normal discussion without being angry. so i will stop here.

I have nothing against Americans. Please dont make this thread a flamewar.

You obviously didn't read anything I said. More ignorance.

If you're going to reply, at least read my post before you do so.

Привет товарищ ))))

You obviously didn't read anything I said. More ignorance.

If you're going to reply, at least read my post before you do so.

Call it a rest? i dont want to spam this thread.

Lol, seeing as this can't go anywhere without some stereotypical bullshit coming up, sure. Let's put it to rest.

Thanks. ;)

I just ran AC: Unity @ 1440p ultra settings and had no stuttering. Even @ 4gb of vram................uploading the video as we speak.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Looking-GTX-970-Memory-Performance/Battlefield-4-Results

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Looking-GTX-970-Memory-Performance/COD-Advanced-Warfare-and-Clos

Looking at the frame time variance, a measure of potential stutter, there is no denying that the data indicates the GTX 970 exhibits more. From the 1.30x scaling testing on up to 1.50x scaling, the GTX 970 shows as much as 5ms frame variance for 10% of rendered frames. Testing on the GTX 980 indicates lower than 5ms frame variance on even the 1.40x scaled result for the last 10% of frames.

Clearly there is a frame time variance difference between the GTX 970 and GTX 980. How much of that is attributed to the memory pool difference compared to how much is attributed to the SMM / CUDA core difference is debatable but it leaves the debate open.

If you guys would like to debate (or all nod in agreement) about shit that doesn't have to do with the legality or any nuances related to legality then go to damn official 970 thread and post there.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

People saying "how do you know nvidia did it on purpose"

They didn't say shit until they were caught.   That says enough for me IMO.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The problem is at the chip level, and AIBs cannot modify the chip themselves. So every 970, however customized, is still a GTX 970 with the memory bandwidth and ROP & cache fault.

I'm not talking about the effects or results. Remember @DeViLzzz said he didn't care about the performance of the card. He was angry about the gimped specs. And what I thought @ said was that the missing ROPs and cache was not the case of every 970.

But we are talking about the effects and results. That is the exact thing we are talking about. No one said different manufacturers had different ram or ROPs or cache. yet the card performs differently in different systems with different amounts of ram usage indicating the problem is not entirely with the vram.