NVIDIA have been hit with a class action suit over the GTX 970.

I agree with a lot of that, but you may want to try and remain objective in the future. (A rant is all well and good, but its easy to get carried away. Eg:

You can search some of these people as far as past posts. They literally admitted to being shareholders LOL. 

Mate, that's some borderline tin foil hat stuff.  They are a company just like any other, they are not mafia, they don't control the media, they don't earn enough to buy out the government etc etc etc.

They are just another company that is trying to make more money while preventing their competitors from gaining market share. 

I'll admit it is interesting how these opinions of companies develop, you never hear these theories when the company is going bust or really small, only when they are successful.   Kinda makes you think about the driving motivation for such ideas.

1) Sites like Tom's Hardware are owned by media groups. "Tom" was a real person. He sold the site a long time ago.

2) Evolve is a massive title which you would expect to see benchmarks everywhere. You don't. You also did not see Ryse benchmarks. Why? AMD killed Nvidia in performance.

3) If someone like Linus called out Game Works he would lose sponsorship money, advertising money, no longer be invited to events where he is given privileged information which he has TALKED ABOUT on his own WAN show, including a recent one. He would also not be given hardware to benchmark which hurts ad revenue, views and profits. That is just the facts. It doesn't make Linus an "evil person", it means he is limited to the criticism he can give and how honest he can be. 

It is the same problem that exists in the video game industry and why there is no such thing as a "non biased" tech journalist. The big companies can also blacklist "game journalism" sites if they are over critical. That means those sites fold or lose revenue if they no longer get looks at games for reviews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

Ubisoft as an example. "In the February 2008 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, editor-in-chief Dan "Shoe" Hsu asserted that Ubisoft had ceased to provide Ubisoft titles to EGM for coverage purposes as a result of prior critical previews and negative reviews." These companies now have the ability to kill a review site who does not review how they want to review.

There is no such thing as honesty or an honest opinion in review industries anymore. If I owned a site like LTT and slammed Game Works and ran benchmarks with tessellation on/off/lowered and provided screenshots compared to downsampling etc? I would never be given early access to Nvidia GPU's again (which would kill my revenue and interest in my site), never be invited to closed door tech demos where I get a nice vacation. They could cripple my business any time they wanted.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

snip

That's even more tin foil than the last post.

Have you considered these sites don't call out games works because there is nothing to call out?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If Nvidia goes under, AMD has a monopoly or vice versa.  Competition is good.  Anything else is bad for consumers.

As I said someone would just take their place and the same can be said if AMD went under. 

Also I clearly said "Nvidia is not going under" anytime soon. They have more money than they know what to do with atm and what they are using it for is not great for PC Gaming in general. It allows idiotic comparisons like Gamespot just did with a 780ti, when that 780ti should be able to run every game shown at a 4k downsample or 4k native. Instead they ran games like Far Cry 4 and AC Unity at 1080p due to Gameworks BS.

That is Nvidia hurting the PC Gaming industry for personal gain. There is no excuse for a game like Far Cry 4 not to be running at 4 x the internal or native resolution as the console versions which would look stupidly better than a proprietary blurry AA that looks like garbage.  

A game like Shadows of Mordor can run a LOCKED 30 FPS like the consoles at 4k on my R9 290, and the only reason it can't on the 780ti is VRAM. The 780ti core is still OUTSTANDING and better than the 970. Ac Unity should have been the same. The funny thing? Shadows of Mordor is based on the AC engine which they leased, and that is based on the Crysis engine which AMD absolutely slaughters Nvidia at in Evolve, Ryse.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

--WoT--

AC Unity ran horribly on AMD and Nvidia hardware.  The high draw call count tanked performance.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

That's even more tin foil than the last post.

Have you considered these sites don't call out games works because there is nothing to call out?

If you can't reply without an insult and arguing anything? Don't reply. There is nothing tin foil hat there. That is how the review industry now works. Also smaller sites HAVE called out Game Works and they are not sponsored by Nvidia, nor do they have advertising deals with Nvidia, nor are they invited to closed door tech previews.

Again I am not calling the journalists themselves bad, I am saying they can't give an honest non biased opinion if they want to run a SUCCESSFUL review site, and that the industry is a joke. 

People with GTX 770's are already being forced to turn off/down tessellation in Game Works titles just to run the game without stuttering. This game should not have been stuttering on a GTX 770. It absolutely kills what is in the consoles. Tessellation was the only reason it did and it provided little visual payoff for huge overhead.

I issue a challenge to LTT. Do Witcher 3 benchmarks with tessellation on/off in catalyst and Nvidia Control Panel. Do benchmarks with Nvidia DSR/AMD VSR at 1440p, 3k. Post high resolution stills and benchmarks. Will this happen? Nope. Nvidia would pull sponsorship, early access to cards. BTW? They could do the same benchmarks with Watch Dog's, AC Unity, Far Cry 4. Better yet just post high resolution stills of Tree Tessellation in Far Cry 4, which Nvidia's own "optimization guide" said screwed up shadows on the trees.

CDPR originally said tessellation was an issue NOT DISCUSSED IN MEDIA (for the reasons I laid out), that it provided minimal payoff for huge overhead. They went from that to a GTX 770=R9 290 in recommendations (and I hate to break it to you but the GTX 770 will prob run it as bad as Watchdog's since it will target Maxwell's tessellation engine). Nvidia bought bad "optimization". Period. We can fix it in Catalyst, Nvidia Control Panel and get a better picture through DSR/VSR or 1440p native. Period.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/The-Witcher-3-welche-Grafikkarte-welche-CPU-1107469/

PCGH: Your use tessellation and GPU Compute for his landscapes and marine display?

CDPR Balázs Török: Yes, we have tessellation currently for landscape and view of the water in our rendering pipeline. We have made ​​some tests in which we have applied tessellation to other objects, but that has not brought the desired result. And actually we need for our objects are not really tessellation. This only increases the overhead, so we use tessellation only for the scenery and the water and leave them with everything else away.

PCGH: Yes, we have already found in some other games that tessellation for example, with the depiction of characters makes a mediocre impression and also requires a lot of power.

CDPR Balázs Török: Yes, exactly. And there are actually many problems with tessellation. In is rarely spoken. Only a few publications revolve around the difficulties that arise when tessellation is transferred to meshes, but this is very problematic. So it is better to use tessellation only if it thus really gained a huge advantage or technique constitutes a clearly visible difference.

Have a nice day buddy. This is like the 100th time you have used "tin foil hat" on this website when given evidence to the contrary. Nvidia is simply increasing our overhead for little to no visual payoff all to win benchmarks, cripple a competitor in what should be an unfair practices suit, and to push a new card series, which also happens to screw over older Nvidia GPU owners. 

Everyone loses with Game Works. It would be different if the library was not closed. Instead we have to go in and turn down tessellation ourselves and the tech journalists are on a leash so they can't even tell you WHY the game is running badly or how to fix the damn thing.

People want to act as if MS and Nvidia ARE PC Gaming. They are both new comers. Their monopolies and idiocy are both new comers.

Have fun selling that refusing to give into anti consumer crap from Nvidia will "hurt the consumer" Nvidia shareholders, astroturfers or people that stand to lose personal income due to this. This thread is comedy gold. You are probably looking at about 50 percent shareholders in this thread protecting their investments, and the funny thing is some of these people admitted to owning Nvidia stock in the past and or posted jubilation at Nvidia profit calls. You people are literally scum. 

No, accusing people in this thread of being astroturfers and accusing ms of being a new comer to pc gaming.  That's is tin foil hat stuff.

1) Sites like Tom's Hardware are owned by media groups. "Tom" was a real person. He sold the site a long time ago.

2) Evolve is a massive title which you would expect to see benchmarks everywhere. You don't. You also did not see Ryse benchmarks. Why? AMD killed Nvidia in performance.

3) If someone like Linus called out Game Works he would lose sponsorship money, advertising money, no longer be invited to events where he is given privileged information which he has TALKED ABOUT on his own WAN show, including a recent one. He would also not be given hardware to benchmark which hurts ad revenue, views and profits. That is just the facts. It doesn't make Linus an "evil person", it means he is limited to the criticism he can give and how honest he can be. 

There is no such thing as honesty or an honest opinion in review industries anymore. If I owned a site like LTT and slammed Game Works and ran benchmarks with tessellation on/off/lowered and provided screenshots compared to downsampling etc? I would never be given early access to Nvidia GPU's again (which would kill my revenue and interest in my site), never be invited to closed door tech demos where I get a nice vacation. They could cripple my business any time they wanted.

And I suppose you don't consider any of that tin foil hat either?  Accusing ALL reviewers of being dishonest and not saying stuff for fear of not getting early review samples.  please.

Again I am not calling the journalists themselves bad, I am saying they can't give an honest non biased opinion if they want to run a SUCCESSFUL review site, and that the industry is a joke. 

Have a nice day buddy. This is like the 100th time you have used "tin foil hat" on this website when given evidence to the contrary. Nvidia is simply increasing our overhead for little to no visual payoff all to win benchmarks, cripple a competitor in what should be an unfair practices suit, and to push a new card series, which also happens to screw over older Nvidia GPU owners. 

Everyone loses with Game Works. It would be different if the library was not closed. Instead we have to go in and turn down tessellation ourselves and the tech journalists are on a leash so they can't even tell you WHY the game is running badly or how to fix the damn thing.

No your not calling them bad, just dishonest.  work out your contradictions before trying to make a coherent argument.

I have used the term tin foil hat maybe 10 times on this forum.  You really shouldn't exaggerate if you want to be taken seriously.

Oh, look at that last line, everybody loses with gameworks.  Please,  take your hate for nvidia elsewhere it is as tiring as the AMD heater jokes and all the digging jokes. We don't need more irrational hate in these forums, we don't need people like you calling anyone who disagrees an astroturfer or shill.  It was done to death with all your posts about MS. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why is gigabyte in this lol?

Maybe the principal bought a gigabyte card and had to include them or nvidia could simply pay only for the GPU and not the card as they didn't make or market it.

<Snip>

OMG, how can one type so much... I am getting tired just reading these long posts. Isn't there anyway you could summarize what you want to say?

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

OMG, how can one type so much... I am getting tired just reading these long posts. Isn't there anyway you could summarize what you want to say?

Summarize then putting a wall of text inside spoilers works to.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I see you totally ignored the two more important parts of it.

Which were?

In case you haven't noticed personally and a few other people as well, we don't parade around saying such lies as fact. I am full aware its a full 4gb of VRAM, but its still not at full bandwidth like you said.

You don't, but a lot of people in this thread (and the other thread) do. I wasn't talking about you specifically.

And while it might barely but it now, what happens in the future? "future proofing" is stupid. Sorry but I do look at specs other than benchmarks to determine the longevity of a gpu. And like many has said current games don't tax the gpu that much yet, but what if the future?

Well like you said, future proofing is stupid. If you bought the 970 and expect it to perform well in future games because it has 4GB of VRAM then you only have yourself to blame.

Computer hardware are very, very short term investments. You will probably be able to pick up a GTX 980 for ~150 in ~2 years. That's why you should only buy what you need and when you need it when it comes to hardware. There are a few exceptions like headphones, displays, cases etc but the GPU is not one of the exceptions.

Also I think people fill their phones up because to them its a different device, on a computer most people I believe do know that filling up space is detrimental to the perf. Forgoing even that, this information is readily available from the start (filling up causes slowdowns) however this is not true of the 970. Even people who did their research wouldn't have known. Which once again brings me to the same point in worried about. We should hold NVIDIA accountable . More accountable in fact as that have done this before. Lest this inaction creates future scenarios where we have to check every gpu for this stupid non transparent thing and we have to give the same advice for gpu as we do for had.

There isn't really much info available about the impact spare area has on SSDs. That's why Anand ran the tests he did. It might be now that the word is out and other people have looked into it as well, but at the time (about 2 years ago) there wasn't a whole lot about it. Even the people who suspected that performance dropped probably didn't realize that it was such a significant decrease (50,000 IOPS to 7,500 IOPS is an 85% drop).

I totally agree that Nvidia should be grilled for this. I have never argued against that. What I am saying is that Nvidia's status was well done ages ago, and now it's basically just a lump of coal but people still try to keel the fire alive.

Edit: Also you said they're helping. Un what way? They didn't so much as apologized? Ug you're gonna bring up the "help" that's being doled out on their forum...then I don't know. I thought ay first it was the step in the right direction. But their non action thus far kinda leads me to believe otherwise. Also I do agree some people have been talking out of their asses and have taken. It over the line, but the resistance that alot of people have given in support of NVIDIA kinda worries me more than the idiots who are in it for other motives unclear to me. Hence me replying even tho I'm not a 970 owner. Thus WILL affect me in the future when I upgrade to other cards tho.

I don't know what you're talking about. I never said anything about Nvidia helping anyone.

I don't see a lot of people supporting Nvidia. At least that's not how I see my posts, or Victorious' posts. What I see are posts that disagree with both Nvidia and the people who are flaming Nvidia. I totally agree that Nvidia did something bad, but I also think the way people are treating this situation is bad (lying and blowing it out of proportions). Like I said before, even someone with a neutral stance will look like an Nvidia supporter because the anti-Nvidia side has become so extreme.

Some people in this thread have probably looked at my posts regarding GameWorks and thought I am supporting Nvidia, but the reality is that I have not said a single good thing about it. All I have been doing is saying that we can't claim that GameWorks cripples AMD's performance on purpose because we don't have any evidence (correlation does not imply causation). I think that's a neutral stance but because of the strong contrast against the other posts it seems like I am leaning towards Nvidia.

I think I'll leave this thread now because the conversation is not going anywhere and it seems like people have already made up their minds where they stand on this.

I am sitting here reading some of these posts ( don't have the time for all of it) . but I just wonder one thing .

People that say GameWorks is the reason for badly optimized games . Have you worked with it ? Have you worked with a game engine ? Have you done some cloth , physics or other simulations for real time rendering ? 

Tesselation is the reason for bad performance ... what ? Tesseletion is pretty much used in any game runing DX11 . There are certain aspects of modern games that can not be done without it . Will it tank performance if used on everything - ofcourse , but thats hardly the technology's fault , it's the developers . 

Ofcourse Witcher 3 will use tesseletion for water and Terrain , any modern good looking game does the same . 

Thruth is Game Works is just a rebrand of a bundle of tech , that is used in every single AAA game today . Nvidia provides a neat package with tools , learning materials , ready implementations . 

I have nothing against AMD , but they have not provided developers with too many tools . I'll be glad to see more out of them . Such programs are pushing the graphical fidelity of games ahead .

Lastly , please people lets stop using Ubisoft games as example , please . This is common knowledge , but let me asure you , from inside sources , they don't give a crap about PC . Ubisofts teams that optimize for PC are times smaller than the console ones . The tech they get from nvidia , they mostly slap on top without going into the guts too much .  

So please lets stop using freaking ubisoft games as benchmarks of anything on PC . 

but what about stuff like sotrage on phones, HDDs etc. like when a phone is 16gb but only like 11.5 is usable or somehtign like that. or a 2TB HDD but not all of it is usable. isnt that the same thing?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

but what about stuff like sotrage on phones, HDDs etc. like when a phone is 16gb but only like 11.5 is usable or somehtign like that. or a 2TB HDD but not all of it is usable. isnt that the same thing?

Yes.

Yes.

i deman a class action suit on all of these things! :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

My thoughts on gameworks:

Im behind @zappian on this. There was a monster hunter online benchmark tool that went available to the public sometime ago.

I've only read a little article on a mmorpg website saying that the benchmark tool features nvidia stuff. I was able to run the benchmarks and

I thought my little 280x ran the benchmarks fairly well. When I went back to the video and the posters said in the description on the "ranking mode"

benchmark he was able to get a 10k score while in the same benchmark I could only get 9k. At first i thought he was running some high end gpu

but nope. It was a mere 660ti.

I found another video showing a benchmark of a gtx 760 and I went back to benchmark my own 280x

and needless to say i was beaten by a 760 :<

gee thanks nvidia :/

My thoughts on this topic:

Many people here are saying that this would only benefit the lawyers. True, I guess this would only benefit the lawyers, but they are the ones

moving their asses. And we're just here saying how they don't deserve anything. I don't think people would study to become lawyers if the pay was so

little. I don't support nvidia getting sued but I'm glad that something is happening.

1) it's a benchmark of a cheaply made game.

2) We don't know the clock rates on your rival's chips.

3) Given it is a benchmark, Nvidia could have inserted hard-coded planes into thir driver as they did with that one 3DMark test.

4) Play the game and see what FPS you get against your fellow NVIDIA players.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1) it's a benchmark of a cheaply made game.

2) We don't know the clock rates on your rival's chips.

3) Given it is a benchmark, Nvidia could have inserted hard-coded planes into thir driver as they did with that one 3DMark test.

4) Play the game and see what FPS you get against your fellow NVIDIA players.

Monster hunter online a cheaply made game? sobs ;<

Not sure how cheaply made it is, but I doubt nvidia would show interest

in it if it was a "cheaply made game".

There was all that hairworks and all that clothing physx going on in the benchmark

that was clearly slowing down my gpu. I guess those technologies are really only for

nvidia cards. Right now the game isn't available out of china (dick move by capcom)

and only the benchmark tool is available for the rest of the world.   

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I am sitting here reading some of these posts ( don't have the time for all of it) . but I just wonder one thing .

People that say GameWorks is the reason for badly optimized games . Have you worked with it ? Have you worked with a game engine ? Have you done some cloth , physics or other simulations for real time rendering ? 

Tesselation is the reason for bad performance ... what ? Tesseletion is pretty much used in any game runing DX11 . There are certain aspects of modern games that can not be done without it . Will it tank performance if used on everything - ofcourse , but thats hardly the technology's fault , it's the developers . 

Ofcourse Witcher 3 will use tesseletion for water and Terrain , any modern good looking game does the same . 

Thruth is Game Works is just a rebrand of a bundle of tech , that is used in every single AAA game today . Nvidia provides a neat package with tools , learning materials , ready implementations . 

I have nothing against AMD , but they have not provided developers with too many tools . I'll be glad to see more out of them . Such programs are pushing the graphical fidelity of games ahead .

Lastly , please people lets stop using Ubisoft games as example , please . This is common knowledge , but let me asure you , from inside sources , they don't give a crap about PC . Ubisofts teams that optimize for PC are times smaller than the console ones . The tech they get from nvidia , they mostly slap on top without going into the guts too much .  

So please lets stop using freaking ubisoft games as benchmarks of anything on PC . 

BS. Anyone can take tessellation on or off on these Nvidia Game Works closed library titles and see that it IS what the problem is. It is also the same reason the garbage 750TI does exceedingly well in these games, despite being laughable as far as how powerful a card it is. It is a Maxwell card for a Maxwell optimized over tessellated game that Nvidia paid to make it that way. 

Btw Evolve is an NVIDIA TITLE, they just did not sabotage the damn game with tessellation. Per Sweclockers since sites like LTT and Tom's Hardware refuse to benchmark this game (guarantee we have a Witcher 3 benchmark in the first week though). That is how far apart a GTX 770 and 290 are and what kind of shenanigans and BS you have to do to get them close.

2-4vrmrki.jpg

5UK_pEkst.jpg

Fact. Nvidia lied on press releases about ROPs/Cache. You call it "miscommunication". Fact. Nvidia also lied about bandwidth/Ram count. Fact. Nvidia pays to STEAL PERFORMANCE from people in anti competitive practices which should also see their ass in court. 

WTF has Nvidia done that is so great for the industry? Closed libraries and paying devs not to optimize a game for a competitor? 3D vision? Garbage. Their initial tech? 3DFX intellectual property they acquired. They were GARBAGE before then. Gsync. Existing technology on laptops they tried to corner the market on. Physx? They bought that and some of the best "Nvidia games" with physics I played used Havok like Shadows of Mordor. I can think of one game where Physx was nice. Planetside 2 and they removed that. Batman could have easily been done with the CPU, it was a paid for "exclusive". HBAO +? Their version of HDAO. Hairworks? Works horribly as far as performance hit on ANYTHING. 

There is a reason Nvidia has to PAY developers to use this crap. HBAO + is about the only thing there worth a damn, and when you see TXAA as a feature? You know the game is going to be optimized for @#%$ because you should not have to use  budget AA like TXAA on a GTX 770 let alone a 970/980. On the latter two cards you should be using supersampling/downsampling or pushing past 1080p natively and on the former MSAA.

We can't do that though, because Nvidia pays devs (who do not want to initially do it like CDPR) to tessellate the crap out of objects and often give us WORSE visuals. According to CDPR media never comments on it. I guess CDPR wears a tin foil hat. Doesn't matter cus money talks and someone at CDPR decided enough payment was given to make a GTX 770 a R9 290 in a game that has the same assets as a 7770 in TFLOPS with gimped DDR3 bandwidth in a Xbox One.

Want to prove that Game Works is good? Show me a Nvidia Game works game that runs at 4xSSAA/4k when the GPU is 4 times as strong as the PS4. Tomb Raider does that. So does Sniper Elite. So does Alien Isolation Those are AMD games. 

All Nvidia gives us is purposely unoptimized garbage so they can sell unneeded SLI setups and a new video card series. HBAO + is not a 4x performance hit. Only tessellation on assets that do not need it, and that can look worse can do this. 

Tessellation was tech created for games like World of Warcraft and the old Batmans that had cartoon graphics. Not for good assets where traditional bump mapping can look better and have much less of a performance hit.

Monster hunter online a cheaply made game? sobs ;<

Not sure how cheaply made it is, but I doubt nvidia would show interest

in it if it was a "cheaply made game".

There was all that hairworks and all that clothing physx going on in the benchmark

that was clearly slowing down my gpu. I guess those technologies are really only for

nvidia cards. Right now the game isn't available out of china (dick move by capcom)

and only the benchmark tool is available for the rest of the world.

Anything with Physx is going to see an AMd slowdown, because AMD can't make dedicated hardware for libraries it has no access to. Only if the game devs implemented a general physics engine in OpenCL or on the CPU itself will the performance be equal there.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Anything with Physx is going to see an AMd slowdown, because AMD can't make dedicated hardware for libraries it has no access to. Only if the game devs implemented a general physics engine in OpenCL or on the CPU itself will the performance be equal there.

Dang... what a forceful way to buy an nvidia card :/

I only hope there is a way to turn those effects off

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It's not forceful. You're paying a premium for extra effects.

You can turn the effects off, or they won't even show up as an option if you're running an AMD card much like Nvidia users can't use Mantle at all even if they wanted to.

It's not forceful. You're paying a premium for extra effects.

You can turn the effects off, or they won't even show up as an option if you're running an AMD card much like Nvidia users can't use Mantle at all even if they wanted to.

There wasn't any option to turn those fancy effects off in this benchmark unfortunately, so in this instance it seemed

quite forceful. And if a cheaper nvidia card could run this game better than a 280x. I don't see how I'm paying a premium.  :huh:

I understand that you could turn those effects off in other games though  :lol:

Technically there is if the programmers are decent. In C++ all it takes is

#ifdef PHYSX { //insert Nvidia-specific code path here} #endif

(else branch here for Intel/AMD GPU)

Technically there is if the programmers are decent. In C++ all it takes is

#ifdef PHYSX { //insert Nvidia-specific code path here} #endif

(else branch here for Intel/AMD GPU)

Haha. I guess they were paid by nvidia to not insert that code :<