Same Sex Marriage? (your view)

Bicko96

I found it comical how many times dawkins used the words "if, would have, could have, imagine, could be, might have, suppose, hypothetical". I didn't hear any science in that conversation. Just two pro gay guys having a chat in a coffee shop. Just sayin.

Doesn't matter. Point is, being gay isn't a choice.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

In my oppinion, I don't mind homosexuals, or them getting married to eachother.

The only thing I am slightly irritated about is them having children.

NOT because I think homosexuals would make bad parents, but because I think the child might get somewhat stigmatised, especially during puberty and might being ripped on for having two daddies.

I think that in most cases gay couples adopt children as apposed to a tempting to have them created from their own genes, and I feel that being an orphan or with a family that is unloving or unequipped to take care you is much worse than having the slight social or developmental oddity that having two dads or moms could cause.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I am against it. But not for the reasons you might assume. I think marriage is a useless institution. I think everyone should be extended the rights and privileges granted by marriage by default. Sure, marry if you want and marry who you want. But it shouldn't have any consequence over what rights you have. I think they should be innate and universal to every person.

Have you every been in a relationship? A marriage isn't only the lawful recognition of a two people's relationship, but also a celebration of the fact. If people want it, they should be able to have it, no matter who they are. Like you say, everyone should have universal rights, but you shouldn't downplay something that other people want just because you don't find it personally appealing.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I think that everyone has the right to be happy, whether that means to be with a person of the same gender, or eating a cookie :p

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

i am irritated by gay people.its not natural from my pov.i feel offended. end of story

Just as a side note. The latest research shows that 97% of people are neither gay nor straight, but rather on a sliding scale of bi-sexual. 

And to answer the OP, I feel if the priest/vicar/whatever is willing to perform the ceremony, its not the governments place to prevent it.

Fundamental Christianity doesn't recognise evolution, which as everybody knows, is a fact. 

Just like all other scientific theories, evolution is a theory. Well founded and supported with research, but still a theory. I also believe evolution is most likely correct, but accepting something as fact without criticism or thought stagnates science and we should try to avoid it. :)

well how long have you been homosexual... 

same amount of time as you being straight

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

All of my childhood fears were realized in that show XD

*on topic* i kinda live in the center of the gay rights universe for the US, and considering the fact i am bisexual and go to a high-school with a homosexual principal it would be kinda hypocritical for me to be anything but fully supportive of it lmao

ikr, some of the shows were freaking scary >~>

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

ikr, some of the shows were freaking scary >~>

What freaks me out is how they are able to speak perfectly clear submerged in water lol

I know it's just a cartoon but still, a little realism :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What freaks me out is how they are able to speak perfectly clear submerged in water lol

I know it's just a cartoon but still, a little realism :P

a little realism? its about a talking dog! XD

a little realism? its about a talking dog! XD

Ohh shit, thought you were both talking about Sponge Bob

Err disregard what I said *feels stupid*

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Marriage being part of the legal system was put in place for one reason. So they can hold power by denying it to some and allowing others. Interracial marriage was illegal not 50 years ago! Marriage as a whole is a government scam to be avoided. Live, spend your life with your significant other, but why take the time to register on a government form asking permission which is further empowering them by allowing them to refuse licenses.

Tax and other incentives are just part of the scam they put in place to hide that what you are really doing is registering under the governments watchful eye. Makes it easier for tracking and monitoring of personal habits and financial records. *puts on tin foil hat*

I'm not against any form of marriage, except ones where the government is able to stick their hands in ;)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

The fact that gay marriage is still a subject to debate saddens me. I'm not planning to get married, as I see marriage as useless since it only brings the government into your private life.

The financial benefits, the property ownership, family bonds, and the financial bonds that are put in place by marriage are very useful; useful in that they allow you a better financial and property situation, better securing your partners well being after anything happens, better securing your child's future if anything happens, and you can take advantage of all the systems and laws for married couples(families). Let's not even mention the values of a family bond.

Edit:@RuecanOnRails

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I am against it. But not for the reasons you might assume. I think marriage is a useless institution. I think everyone should be extended the rights and privileges granted by marriage by default. Sure, marry if you want and marry who you want. But it shouldn't have any consequence over what rights you have. I think they should be innate and universal to every person.

Agreed, but that's an incredible amount of change, whereas allowing gays to get married is much smaller and easier to achieve. Marriage also does have meaning for family outside of laws and privileges, it's joining two families in a strongly committed way. The commitment is necessary because socially family connections hold more weight than any other, and they are inherently valuable to humans.

Have a wonderful day.

What really baffles me is the gender based segregation of bathrooms in so many societies...Why?

Have a wonderful day.

I'm not for it and I'm not against it. I generally don't care. 

However, there is one thing that bothers me about this thread. When someone states their opinion a flock of posters swoop in and question them. When someone has an opinion you should not use group pressure to try and change it. Everyone has their own opinion and there is no right or wrong answer.

Well, the unnatural argument is generally wrong, but the god argument is one you just can't argue for or against other than by debating the separation of church and state or maybe asking them why it matter what other people do.

The unnatural argument is inherently wrong, as there is nothing truly unnatural (this is a debatable belief, but I feel that since nature means the . Unnatural implies that it's not of the natural universe or world, but what is nature? It's just the natural world. Since the word is essentially based on itself for meaning it's entirely opinionated and varies heavily person to person.

Have a wonderful day.

Ohh shit, thought you were both talking about Sponge Bob

Err disregard what I said *feels stupid*

ohhh lol nvm, we were, i was thinking of courage the cowardly dog

post-5552-0-74311900-1372645780.jpg

Just like all other scientific theories, evolution is a theory. Well founded and supported with research, but still a theory. I also believe evolution is most likely correct, but accepting something as fact without criticism or thought stagnates science and we should try to avoid it. :)

Gravity is a theory, do you believe in gravity?

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

I am somewhat don't care but if anyone can give me an honest answer for this question. Is there any real benefit to being gay? I mean I know its what people want and its who they like, and I get that but what I don't get is the actual idea of homosexuality. Being heterosexual, reproduction is what every species does to ensure their own kind will live on. Homosexuality doesn't fulfill that "natural" requirement which furthers the species. I say (or type rather) "natural" because that is what is needed for our species to stay alive. Now before people reply with "many other species do it as well" I know. My point and my question lies with the fact that if everyone was gay, the human race would die out. Also, I am not homophobic and I know really nice gay people. Although I am not homophobic, I still would react to seeing two gay people differently to seeing two straight people. That is just because I don't see it very often and I mean no offense to gay people with this post either :) just want a good answer.

Just like all other scientific theories, evolution is a theory. Well founded and supported with research, but still a theory.

I think you need to research the difference between theories and hypotheses.

I say go ahead and legalize it.

I've always told people that the limits of liberty should not be decided by opinions. Everybody should be allowed to do whatever they want no matter how objectionable so long as nobody is physically or financially hurt. 

The idea of protecting marriage as a traditional concept I believe is bias because from my understanding there is 1 or 2 native American Tribes still around that have gay marriage as part of their culture. Doing so would set up a standard that would prevent a small minority from practicing what is part of their faith. A government of the people, by the people, for the people must be fair to all the people. Inorder to achieve this fairness, the government must legalize all marriages or not recognize any of them.

I can also understand the people on the other side. They believe it is their duty to spread the word of their faith to all non-believers, it is their duty to make the world as God intended and to never give up on trying to convert all of society inorder to save humanity. Maybe this is a bit over-generalized but in essence this is whats been going on for thousands of years. 

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I am somewhat don't care but if anyone can give me an honest answer for this question. Is there any real benefit to being gay? I mean I know its what people want and its who they like, and I get that but what I don't get is the actual idea of homosexuality. Being heterosexual, reproduction is what every species does to ensure their own kind will live on. Homosexuality doesn't fulfill that "natural" requirement which furthers the species. I say (or type rather) "natural" because that is what is needed for our species to stay alive. Now before people reply with "many other species do it as well" I know. My point and my question lies with the fact that if everyone was gay, the human race would die out. Also, I am not homophobic and I know really nice gay people. Although I am not homophobic, I still would react to seeing two gay people differently to seeing two straight people. That is just because I don't see it very often and I mean no offense to gay people with this post either :) just want a good answer.

Watch the video I posted earlier. There is some kind of evolutionary benefit, although it's difficult to pinpoint. The same thing for animals also applies for humans, evolution works the same for everyone.

Let people be happy with who they want, Marriage should not be deemed wrong based off what a "book" says.

I'm going to use the US as an example here,

So for the most part the only conflict with same sex marriage is religion, however in the US constitution it states the religion and government are to be separate and the church shall not have influence over the government. therefor i believe that the argument that it should be illegal because of the bible is unconstitutional. However i do not think a church that believes same sex marriage is wrong should be forced to marry people of the same sex. Now i do think people are entitled to there opinion and i do think people should be able to disagree about it because of religion, but i think it should not be condemned illegal unless someone can come up with a compelling reason that has nothing to do with religion..