Companies, Brand Loyalty, and Warranty

jaypro

I'm not loyal to any company. But I do tend to be more open minded with companies I already know.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

They do but they are so expensive

Yup. Too much for me as well.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I love'z me some asus CPUs. 

You're right, you need an Intel CPU. Not an AMD CPU. My bad.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I am a competitive swimmer, and I refuse to use anything not TYR. speedo can go die in a hole.

for tech I'm extremely loyal to AMD's GPU side. I use intel CPUs because they're better, but for GPUs it's not that AMD has been better to me, it's that I boycott Nvidia for their scummy business practices.

it may be legal, but I don't like it and I refuse to buy their products.

I AM HAPPY TO ADMIT that nvidia designs some damn good chips. I DO NOT FANBOY. I am fully aware where AMD is lacking, and where they excel. I have made a conscious decision to avoid Nvidia, not a conscious decision to use AMD.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I shall forever hail ValvE as the best as any good boy should, but with that new Razer app for new deals I am tempted to accept hell as an option. Please dont strike me down GabeN.

-That was a joke;GabeN will accept you as long as you accept him as our lord and savior-

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

It's all about price:performance.

For things that cannot be bought based on price:performance, then it's about price:functionality. Do I buy X product that has A, B, C, and D or Y product that has A, B, C, and E?

I have been very loyal to Blizzard but they're really annoying me lately with this upcoming WoD expansion for World of Warcraft, they seem to be removing more than they're adding while focusing on trying to slow down the rate at which the players consume the content rather than actually providing adequate amounts of content per patch. I hope when GTA V hits PC the online will be a lot of fun and i can trade in my mount collecting for car collecting and playing the auction house with playing the stock market!  :)

Has a Samsung logo on it? 

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Has a Samsung logo on it?

TAKE MY DAMN MONEY.

Out of all the companies you could be loyal to, Samsung is the worst...(Just sayin)

Life.exe is missing

ASUS, M$ all the way. even if they f*%@ us over all the time :P

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

Out of all the companies you could be loyal to, Samsung is the worst...(Just sayin)

Ha. Get out.  :angry:

#SamsungKnight

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Blizzard entertainment - They always develop great games. As long as the company makes great products, I'll continue to be loyal to them. However, if certain companies out there *cough* EA *cough* continue to rip off customers, that's where the line must be drawn. 

Any German car manufacturer - Need I say more?

For you EA/BF4 lovers - Stop being fanboys, stop paying for shitty products.

Thank you!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

NAUGHTY DOG

I've messed with game development for years and everything they have made starting in the Jak days has impressed the hell out of me on a technical level.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Logitech for periferals except headsets

ASUS/Gigabyte motherboards

Gigabyte for GPU's

WD for hard drives

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Nothing really. I just go for the most enticing option when im looking at stuff

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Brand loyalty isn't a good thing to have, but it is good to know which brands you can trust, and everyone has preferences.

Fractal Design
Toshiba
Cooler Master (keyboards)
AMD (iGPUs and lower heating bill)
Ogio = indestructible

Dr Pepper

My loyalty is to my pocket and not a company, they all fuck up from time to time, some more than others.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I have no loyalty, I jump between what I need, gets the job done, and want all the time.

Three years ago I was a die hard Windows user, got further into University tried Linux, and OS X. Now I predominantly use OS X.

I had an iPhone, which recently got swapped for a OnePlus One, and I replaced my old custom built PC with a Mac Pro.

I'll be trying the Moto 360 smart watch only because I like the looks of it.

I'll most likely swap to a custom build again in a year or two depending on my wants and needs, and it might even be Steam OS, and OS X then.

I do tend to strongly factor customer support and warranty services into my decisions, and they often affect my future purchases as well. As such Asus has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, although I'll be willing to try them again once the x99 platform has matured a bit.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Hm? Noctua? :D

Overkill much?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Overkill much?

I dont know what you are talking about  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:   :wub:  B)  :D  ;)