Companies, Brand Loyalty, and Warranty

jaypro

I'm a fan of EVGA, Corsair and Fractal.

Had good experiences with them when I had problems.

EVGA upgraded my DOA GTX 670 to a 670FTW even though I lost the receipt.

Corsair replaced my Vengeance 2100's pretty quickly.

Fractal sent me a replacement front panel button and cable kit, then when it was a few days late and I asked them about it, they sent another, which arrived a day later.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I'm going towards Asus or Gigabyte in terms of motherboards, because I've seen the factories they are built in and they do most of it by hand or with machines and they are all literally tested for several hours on a test bench for stability, testing every single component. And if there is an issue, they'll fix it for you. 

I'm an AMD fanboy-ish. I know intel's stuff wipes it off of the face of the earth but I don't have deep pockets soooo go AMD  ;)

fdVN2Wa.jpg

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I've got a few brands that are usually my first choice when buying new components, like Asus for motherboards and Logitech for mice and keyboards. Also I used Antec for cases and PSUs for a long time but for my last build they didn't have any products that satisfied my needs so I went with Nanoxia for the case and Coolermaster for the PSU.

Nice profile pic brutha /)

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

You have serious problems bro... 

For your information I genuinely do... I've got a handful of doctors telling me that already don't need someone on a tech forum to join the club...They are my issues and mine alone. Have a nice day and just be glad you don't have some of these issues.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I hold no loyalty to a company.  They all boil down to greed driven corporations.  If you become loyal they will use it against you and start releasing sub standard products.  It is pretty much what happened to video game consoles.  They know they can release substandard stuff because their fan base will blindly buy their name.  

Weather it is the shameless AMD vs Intel or shameless Nvida vs AMD debates I always start at the line.  Look at them both.  Compare them both.  Make a choice base off of what I see, research, availability, and price/budget.  Not much more than that.  I have had them all.  

Corsair 900D [ASUS Sabertooth Z87] i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz [x4 4BG Corsair Dominator Platnum 2133mhz]
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) [2TB  Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)] 2x Nivida 980GTX SLI 

Beyerdynamic DT990's [Logitech 600] Razor Blackwiddow Ultimate [MS XBOX360 gamepad]

For your information I genuinely do... I've got a handful of doctors telling me that already don't need someone on a tech forum to join the club...They are my issues and mine alone. Have a nice day and just be glad you don't have some of these issues.

I can be your friend if you want to?  :)

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I am not particularly loyal to any brand and go with whoever has the best deals or performance, or just--features, but naturally I lean toward Samsung or OCZ for storage devices, nVidia for GPU's, but AMD when the value is there, Intel for cpu's, Asus or MSI for Motherboards, Noctua or Swiftech for fans, Swiftech / Cooler Master for CPU cooling, and I think that about does it on my leaning toward stuff.. OH.  Case company wise, Fractal or CM-Storm.  I've had good experiences with every company above and some others, but these're my preferred ones - about to try out Phanteks' Enthoo Primo, so that'll be fun to build in ^_^  But yeah - it's not so much loyalty as it is preferred, because it's normally been painless, quick, and when something goes wrong it's fixed quick, but that being said - I do like Gigabyte as I am using one of their mobo's in my current build which is based on Sandy-Bridge-E and I used EVGA Classified x58 board on one of my older computers and it was flawless minus some audio issues with it, but I ended up just using an Asus sound card in it's stead.

Google (android, gmail, youtube) 

EVGA

ASUS

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

Not really loyal.. I go with what I know worked for me in the past, if it doesn't work out and I end up losing time and money, I switch out and forget they existed for a long period of time. (Looking at you AMD cpu... can't believe I lost so much time and money on that unstable platform, 3 motherboards, 2 CPU, 2 set of RAM, nothing fixed the issues.... yet when I switched to Intel, everything worked right from the get go with nearly all the same components (obviously not the same motherboard))

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm quite loyal to Corsair, PSU's and cases mostly.

I also really am partial to Nvidia. I just love all the little features that are exclusive.

Exclusive but proprietary...

Learning

IBM.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Cooler Master, but only for cases, I just like the looks.

Other than that maybe Seagate/WD for HDDs.

Exclusive but proprietary...

Yes, because heaven forbid they allow themselves to have any unique competitive advantages!

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm very loyal to sparkfun electronics i buy all my components there and have never had a problem.

I'm not loyal to any company in particular. I look at who makes the better product and go from there.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz