For fuck's sake, Canada

Aniallation

R9 280/280X might be a better value for the money then the 960 everywhere else, but not where I live. The 280/X has seen no price drop here and is still at the original launch price of $270 to over $300. 

The 285 isn't any better, as the competition to the 960 it's even more expensive then the most expensive 960, a whopping $310 for an R9 285! In America you can pack your lunch for another day and get a GTX 970!

At this point might as well wait for the 380/X cause the 280/X price drop isn't going to happen here any time soon, even though it did an eternity ago everywhere else... ugh

Ga9tXwU.png

"Rawr XD"

I feel so bad for you. I got a 280 for $200 before the price drops even started happening.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

you guys are about to catch up with the prices here ,285 is 322$ and Asus 280X is 332$

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oh shut up, I got an r9 270 for that much and I was happy with the price, first world problems, you have insane salary's and low prices but you continue to cry and whine!

Haha, such is life my friend.

First time I've read that from someone that isn't Aussie 

R9 280/280X might be a better value for the money then the 960 everywhere else, but not where I live. The 280/X has seen no price drop here and is still at the original launch price of $270 to over $300. 

The 285 isn't any better, as the competition to the 960 it's even more expensive then the most expensive 960, a whopping $310 for an R9 285! In America you can pack your lunch for another day and get a GTX 970!

At this point might as well wait for the 380/X cause the 280/X price drop isn't going to happen here any time soon, even though it did an eternity ago everywhere else... ugh

i don't know why you argue your own screenshot prove yourself wrong lol:

Capture.jpg

EDIT: average price on newegg.ca for the GTX 960 is around 279$ and the average price for the R9 280X is around 289$...the R9 280X is a much better pick in canada right now...not saying it's not worth to swing a little more and hit the R9 290 or GTX 970 cards though cause this is what i would do personaly.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 things to remember

1. You get free healthcare and university is 50% cheaper

2. The american currency is worth 25% more at the time posting

3. If you add the currency worth and the price to ship its about the same

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Wait a month and prices will get fixed. Ask ex product manager @LinusTech

Interested in Business and Technology

i don't know why you argue your own screenshot prove yourself wrong lol:

I don't see how I proved myself wrong.

Sorry but 750 TI > all.

Sorry but 270 > 750Ti

I don't know where you shop in Canada but:

- ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Strix OC is 269$ at NCIX (http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-geforce-gtx-960-strix-c5-105121.htm)

- MSI GeForce GTX 960 ref design is 249$ at NewEgg.ca (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127842&cm_re=Geforce_960-_-14-127-842-_-Product)

Memory Express, since there's stores that are actually locally available. Only NCIX stores are in BC

Wait a month and prices will get fixed. Ask ex product manager @LinusTech

This isn't NCIX.

"Rawr XD"

checked out ncix (cheapest in canada for graphic cards lately it seems)

http://www.ncix.com/detail/club3d-radeon-r9-280x-royalqueen-15-94043-1356.htm cheapest 280x

http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-960-g1-73-105120.htm cheapest 960

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Sorry but 270 > 750Ti

Memory Express, since there's stores that are actually locally available. Only NCIX stores are in BC

This isn't NCIX.

Order online, never buy new release GPU's at MemEx. They intentionally charge more and release fewer units so when everyone else runs out they can sell all their stock for a decent chunk more to impatient people. 980's at release were $100-150 over other retailer prices.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Sorry but 270 > 750Ti

This isn't NCIX.

So the problem is not Canada (beside currency), but rather Memory Express.

Supporting higher prices, leads to have prices high. This is also a reason why prices in Canada are so much more high than the U.S, even products made in Canada.

Canadian are willing to pay more, so prices are higher. That is a simple fact. It sucks, I hate it, but what can you do.

Vote with your wallet. Sadly, many Canadians don't seam to know that.

That sucks. Although Italy is in a very similar position, prices drop months later than they should have...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When I read the title I thought yall were changing the Canadian national anthem from"Oh Canada" to "For Fucks Sake Canada" lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

just look...5$ difference between the much more powerful R9 280X and the much weaker GTX 960...also the site you picked is not a reference when it comes to video cards, NCIX and newegg.ca are more competitive and offer more models.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's been the trend in Canada for the price to go way up after launch. If you want a 960 you should probably buy one now.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ga9tXwU.png

I lived in Canada Sister-I Fell Your Pain

Memory Express may list a higher price, but what you're all skipping over is they price match any canadian retailer, and beat the difference by 5%. So I actually love seeing the higher prices there, because I get to save the shipping, AND pay less then ncix prices. 

It's a great system in my eyes. The informed consumer benefits, and those who don't know better cover the loss by paying a bit more. My local store has a huge sign out front advertising the price match policy, so everyone gets a fair shot at it. 

You can even use the computer in the store to search for deals online while you're there. I usually check pcpartpicker before i leave for the store so i know where the best price in Canada is before I get there. 

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res. 

just too shy in asking a friend/relative to buy for me. not that I have plans as of the moment.lol

You think you got it bad? The Zotac 960 here in the Philippines retails at $289. Last time I checked $289 > $249.

And don't get me started with the R9 280/x even the 285. Come to think of it, I still don't see any price drops for even older cards EVER.

I don't regret this post in any way whatsoever.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller