Covering Windows 10 Briefing

cesrai

Even if its only free for one year thats pretty good of Microsoft to get users to try and use windows 10 after what they did with 10 its a good move.

Upgrade to win 10 for 8.1/7/windows phone 8.1 for a hole year for free, for the first year then you will have to buy windows 10.

Whole.

Does this mean buying a permanent license or a subscription. There better be a permanent license option.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

When did they say anything about a sub model?

What are you talking about it's not a subscription it's free to upgrade for the first year of it's lifetime.

i was talking about if they did, but it can be interpreted many ways

1. sub model first year free

2.as you say 1 year to upgrade for free then enjoy

3. upgrade to 10 free for the first year then you need to purchase it ie 1 yr trial

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Whole.

Does this mean buying a permanent license or a subscription. There better be a permanent license option.

permanent license no subscription.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i was talking about if they did, but it can be interpreted many ways

1. sub model first year free

2.as you say 1 year to upgrade for free then enjoy

3. upgrade to 10 free for the first year then you need to purchase it ie 1 yr trial

It's a free upgrade for the first year of release that is it nothing else, then you must buy it after a year.

@JasonRoGo @RH00D

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

how much Windows 10 will cost ?

EDIT: also can i remove all the useless crap ?

It's a free upgrade for the first year of release that is it nothing else, then you must buy it after a year.

@JasonRoGo @RH00D

i havent been reading this entire thread or paying attention, have they clarified it? link me

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Sorry you guys need to stop acting like a free year is bad its good maybe people wanted windows 10 now and had no money now they can.

i havent been reading this entire thread or paying attention, have they clarified it? link me

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/

Today was a monumental day for us on the Windows team because we shared our desire to redefine the relationship we have with you – our customers. We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.*

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no additional charge. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time. We’ll deliver new features when they’re ready, not waiting for the next major release. We think of Windows as a Service – in fact, one could reasonably think of Windows in the next couple of years as one of the largest Internet services on the planet.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

If you are not sure don't spread misinformation and go edit your other posts, here you go

The fucking moment I have time to watch they end the stream, arrrrrggghhhh

Now I'll have to read the whole live blog

Also great work @cesrai

You can rewatch it here

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Sorry you guys need to stop acting like a free year is bad its good maybe people wanted windows 10 now and had no money now they can.

Yeah I don't get it, it's not bad it's freaking amazing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah I don't get it, it's not bad it's freaking amazing.

Yea assuming its actually the full product and not limiting in any way its really good. Just make sure you can pay after year for full thing or you will be without a functioning os.

I'm mad at them for not doing enough. 

THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?!?!?!?!?! don't just say it you want more, tell us what the fuck do you want them to do more about, porting games to windows, well the only reason that isn't happening is because they don't want to cannibalize xbox, the only reason they make first party game is to sold console so those people buy third party games which ms take almost a 50% cut at, they are a bloody business, its their good damn job to make money, they are the third most valuable company in the world, after apple and some petrol company (i think) they are worth more money that google and they didn't make it, giving away shit free,

yes it would be nice if their marketing about mor pc gaming stuff was more game, but right now its about improvements to the platform the grand majority of pc games runs at, they are launching dx12 with it, they are launching a shadowplay like feature that's independent on the hardware, they announced a game (though the game people gave the fuck the most) they announced a multiplatform initiative for games between xbox one and win 10, yes its stupid to put us against other people in competitive shooters, but shooters aren't the only games out there, and biggest of all, THEY FUCKING MADE WINDOWS 10 FREE FOR ALMOST EVERYONE THAT HAS A FUCKING PC WITH WINDOWS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Yea assuming its actually the full product and not limiting in any way its really good. Just make sure you can pay after year for full thing or you will be without a functioning os.

It's a full product, after a year of release of win10 it's free for a year for win 7,8,8.1 and windows phone 8.1 users.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Some many angry people in this thread. I am glad that Windows 10 will be coming out and I will upgrade from windows 7. Now I just need a directx 12 gpu. :) Been using windows since Windows 95.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Snip

nice post

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Holo seriously looks like it could be freaking awesome

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

nice post

Thanks.

Some many angry people in this thread. I am glad that Windows 10 will be coming out and I will upgrade from windows 7. Now I just need a directx 12 gpu.  :) Been using windows since Windows 95.

Because some people are being so stupid, unreasonable, spreading misinformation -I'm sorry guys-, good for you man. 

Yes it does.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The hologram stuff is cool, I'd buy a pair of sunglasses with health stats in hologram if I could have it in the form of the the HUD from Crysis, preferably 2 or 3.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

@cesrai, excellent post and for the most part excellent discussion. 

Normally I'd beg for a forum badge for myself, but in all honesty you deserve one. Keep up the good work, the community needs more posters like you. 

The hologram stuff is cool, I'd buy a pair of sunglasses with health stats in hologram if I could have it in the form of the the HUD from Crysis, preferably 2 or 3.

based on the fact that they already have an app to create 3d objects in augmented reality for this device I assume having a HUD is really easy and already doable

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

So for the next year Windows 10 is free for anyone that has Windows 8/8.1 AND Windows 7? That's actually pretty cool, this might be one of the best things Microsoft's ever done.