Covering Windows 10 Briefing

cesrai

They just announced that I can stream games from my nonexistent Xbox one to my pc. Well looks like I am going to grab an Xbox if this works well and uses some of the hardware of my pc to scale it to 1080p 60fps

That's not how it will work.

If you stream from your Xbox to your PC you will get the resolution and frame rate of the Xbox.

In fact, they will look even worse because your Xbox will encode it and then send it to your PC as a video stream. You might as well just play on your Xbox to begin with.

The difference is that my computers are just accessory tools. I'm not a power user. I don't give a flying fuck about a lot of the "issues" people have because they aren't issues to me, since I don't run into situations that make them an issue in the first place. I didn't say I want new things to be worse. I said I'll deal with new things having crap with them, because new things do. Thats how it works. Something can be better and still have issues. I just don't care about the issues. I do my work, I leave my computer. Thats it. 

You seem to take an excessively personal and borderline hostile tone when talking with me, almost all the time now. I don't get it, and I don't appreciate it. Not once did I say "I'm satisfied with eating the shit" as you so brazenly inferred. Where did you get that form? Because I don't throw a fit about the issues I run into? 

Stop assuming you know so much about me and stop being so aggressive when talking to me. I'm perfectly okay to debate things, but you take it a little too literally and I don't get it. 

Okay "satisfied with eating shit" is a bit too harsh. That's essentially what "deal with new things having crap" means though.

Sorry if I was too mean to you. If you're satisfied with a product then good for you.

Personally though, I don't think there should be any aspects of a new thing that is worse than the previous one. I said the same thing when HTC announced the M8. When you release something new, everything about it should be as good or better than the thing it replaces. If it is worse in some area then you should simply have left that area alone. I am not willing to "put it with crap" if I don't have to.

New things don't always have crap that is worse than the previous model. Galaxy S 5 is an example of this. Want a software example? Windows 7.

Well PC is an open platform. Competition is inevitable. Steam already has so many competitors...

The difference is that this one is bundled with the OS.

I don't actually mind as long as they don't make moves against Origin, Steam, GOG etc... Windows should remain open.

Microsoft will definitely try selling games on that Xbox app, they are already doing it with the app store on Windows 8 and that pissed of Valve so much they created SteamOS. The problem is Microsoft has never played fair when it comes to competition. If they make a store there is no telling if they won't just do something bad. Like I'm pretty sure they'll go around spending billions striking exclusivity deals so only their store gets to have games.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

virtual reality or something I think.

edit: nope I'm wrong.

HOLY f*ck HOLOGRAMS!!!!

or not it's just Virtual reality.

Microsoft, they aren't holograms as they can only be viewed by 1 person so Meh.

i was expecting awesome news

but .... meh

gonna stick with windows 7 until 2020 xD

WHY? It's free.

RTX2070OC 

Microsoft will definitely try selling games on that Xbox app, they are already doing it with the app store on Windows 8 and that pissed of Valve so much they created SteamOS. The problem is Microsoft has never played fair when it comes to competition. If they make a store there is no telling if they won't just do something bad. Like I'm pretty sure they'll go around spending billions striking exclusivity deals so only their store gets to have games.

Microsoft already sells some of its first-party games on Steam.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

i wanna see those holograms NOW

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i wanna see those holograms NOW

It's just VR to me you need to wear those glasses.

Yeah, custom builders get it too afaik.

Really? Its the full version completely free for builders? Thats amazing

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

That's not how it will work.

If you stream from your Xbox to your PC you will get the resolution and frame rate of the Xbox.

In fact, they will look even worse because your Xbox will encode it and then send it to your PC as a video stream. You might as well just play on your Xbox to begin with.

Okay "satisfied with eating shit" is a bit too harsh. That's essentially what "deal with new things having crap" means though.

Sorry if I was too mean to you. If you're satisfied with a product then good for you.

Personally though, I don't think there should be any aspects of a new thing that is worse than the previous one. I said the same thing when HTC announced the M8. When you release something new, everything about it should be as good or better than the thing it replaces. If it is worse in some area then you should simply have left that area alone. I am not willing to "put it with crap" if I don't have to.

New things don't always have crap that is worse than the previous model. Galaxy S 5 is an example of this. Want a software example? Windows 7.

Fair enough. We have similar outlooks, just very different methods of applying that and I can respect that. 

The real question for streaming is will they allow KB/M input? If so, Halo just got a lot more fun for me (and probably a lot of people). Lets expand that beyond FPS games. Forza. I want to use my G27, could I now do that while streaming the game? Cause that would be so freaking awesome (and save me a lot in not needing to buy a XBO specific wheel) 

Microsoft already sells some of its first-party games on Steam.

So does EA. And Ubisoft. You still need their DRM to run them.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

i was expecting awesome news

but .... meh

gonna stick with windows 7 until 2020 xD

same

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

7bf0687e74d4e97432261e2d3dc765d3.png"That's right free upgrade for Win8.1 users" "Everybody else hand over the money"

That includes the pirates! Yay!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

WINDOWS VR!!!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Great news about Windows 10, crummy news about the "gaming" announcement from Phil, gg.

And really, "HoloLens"? Good luck.

Really? Its the full version completely free for builders? Thats amazing

afaik, yes. If you get it after the 1 year grace period, though, then you have to pay.

Free for the first year?

Uh...weird

Still...that's good. Oh wait...I don't have a valid Windows 7 from what I remember. Not good anymore.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So does EA. And Ubisoft. You still need their DRM to run them.

Ok. That's Ubisoft and EA. Microsoft already sells some its first-party games on Steam without requiring any other DRM.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

same

Why? It's free for WIndows 7 and 8 users and it's better in every single way.

RTX2070OC 

I'm still shocked I will get to upgrade my win7 for free. I'm glad I held off getting 8 for my home computer.

Once I upgrade I bet a vacuum will appear out of nowhere and suck everything from my wallet. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Am I the only one who thinks that they should have used an HSA enabled APU instead of a "HPU" ?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam