Covering Windows 10 Briefing

cesrai

sony is doing exactly the same thing with ps4 onto other device they make, with the fuck are we hating on this with ms and not sony, i honestly give a fuck about it because i don't have an xbox one but its a nice plus for those that do

Sony isn't trying to market this to pc gamers. MS is saying "oh we're making gaming better for pc" and then what they really mean is that they are letting you stream the games you now have to buy at xbox prices (60 dollars until the next version comes out) on a system you already don't want to play. 

Why are you so cycnical about anything to do with Microsoft. Your entire subscription based thing is completely baseless and something you conjured up in your own mind yet you keep repeating it like its a thing. People on Windows 7 and 8.1 users will have 1 year to claim a free Windows 10 license. If they haven't done that within 1 year of Windows 10 release, they'll have to pay the standard price (probably $100).

a year to claim a free licence where did they say that? they just said it would be free for a year?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

so.

Am I finally going to get some Halo PC ports or not? That's all I want to know.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

so.

No but they'll let you stream it to your pc from your plebox1.

Sony isn't trying to market this to pc gamers. MS is saying "oh we're making gaming better for pc" and then what they really mean is that they are letting you stream the games you now have to buy at xbox prices (60 dollars until the next version comes out) on a system you already don't want to play. 

so you're mad because they are marking their xbox stuff onto us, i would be mad if this was gfwl 2.0 but it isn't this isn't forced down our throats, to me this is marketing for people that use an xbox to do xbox stuff on windows 10, not appealing pc gamers with xbox features

the only 2 things that at most could lean towards their xbox sub on us are if the shadowplay like feature requires live and where are they going to sold fable legends, which we don't have that many details about, only that is coming anytime

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

For those who care about Microsoft saying something good for PC Gamer, just look at this.

I hope they mean it this time, I believe that they do.

post-61942-0-25705300-1421865092_thumb.j

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

so.

they vaguely said they might publish more games on PC

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I hope they mean it this time, I believe that they do.

oh god its terrible, like some sort of mobile game advertising

a year to claim a free licence where did they say that? they just said it would be free for a year?

Jesus, really?

Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-9.16.09-AM-640

"Free upgrade for the first year" = For the first year you can upgrade for free = After the first year you'll have to pay to upgrade. Is this difficult to figure out?

From Arstechnica:

Microsoft has just announced the first pricing information for Windows 10 at its preview event today. The biggest news is that the new OS will be completely free for current Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users for its first year of availability—after that time period has expired, OS upgrades will presumably need to be paid for as they are currently (though Microsoft was less than clear on this point, it made no mention of a paid, Office 365-style subscription for Windows upgrades). The Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 users will also be free.

"Once a device is upgraded to Windows 10, we'll be keeping it current for the supported lifetime of the device," said Terry Myerson, executive vice president of the Operating Systems Group.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

"...Windows 10 users will also be constantly updated for the lifetime of their device."

Not a sub service.

Hololens is freaking awesome, though. Also interested in the Surface Hub, as long as it isn't $4,000 (or $17,000 like the Perspective Pixel of the same size) and can run regular Windows 10.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Jesus, really?

"Free upgrade for the first year" = For the first year you can upgrade for free = After the first year you'll have to pay to upgrade. Is this difficult to figure out?

From Arstechnica:

Okay I'm going to edit that right now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Jesus, really?

From Arstechnica:

Oh FFS some people in this thread are being thick for the sake of being thick. 

1 year to claim license is not hard to fucking understand. Like when Windows 8 came out and had that period of being really cheap for people. ITs not fucking rocket science. Maybe I just have less patience than normal today but holy shit, some people in here need to learn how to read English because MS couldn't have been more clear in their presentation. 

Own 7 or 8/8.1? You have ONE FUCKING YEAR to claim a free upgrade to Windows 10, at which point THAT SINGLE DEVICE will be constantly updated FOR THE REST OF ITS FUCKING LIFE. 

I think people just need to give MS shit for things that have been confirmed (the 1 year window) and for things that have no basis beyond rampant conjecture (we have no fucking idea if W10 will actually be sub based even as an option) 

Fucking hell. 

Oh FFS some people in this thread are being thick for the sake of being thick. 

1 year to claim license is not hard to fucking understand. Like when Windows 8 came out and had that period of being really cheap for people. ITs not fucking rocket science. Maybe I just have less patience than normal today but holy shit, some people in here need to learn how to read English because MS couldn't have been more clear in their presentation. 

Own 7 or 8/8.1? You have ONE FUCKING YEAR to claim a free upgrade to Windows 10, at which point THAT SINGLE DEVICE will be constantly updated FOR THE REST OF ITS FUCKING LIFE. 

I think people just need to give MS shit for things that have been confirmed (the 1 year window) and for things that have no basis beyond rampant conjecture (we have no fucking idea if W10 will actually be sub based even as an option) 

Fucking hell. 

Sorry m8 comedown I'm sorry.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

so you're mad because they are marking their xbox stuff onto us, i would be mad if this was gfwl 2.0 but it isn't this isn't forced down our throats, to me this is marketing for people that use an xbox to do xbox stuff on windows 10, not appealing pc gamers with xbox features

the only 2 things that at most could lean towards their xbox sub on us are if the shadowplay like feature requires live and where are they going to sold fable legends, which we don't have that many details about, only that is coming anytime

I'm mad because they tell us they are going to do so much for pc gaming and this is their biggest thing. The cross platform is on a game I don't care about and their direct x bullshit they could have enabled a long time ago. It's just them pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining. 

Sorry m8 comedown I'm sorry.

Not directed at you exactly, you keep up the good work. 

Just everyone who keeps constantly peddling misinformation.

people are used to bitch at microsoft because they are microsoft, i wonder how people would react if the same ToS is applied but changing the name to something that isn't microsoft, yeah they fucked up in the past but some people still give them shit for making a legit effort to fix it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm mad because they tell us they are going to do so much for pc gaming and this is their biggest thing. The cross platform is on a game I don't care about and their direct x bullshit they could have enabled a long time ago. It's just them pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining. 

You're mad at MS for making a new version of Windows that will be better for gaming, for coming up with a better version of Direct X (do you really think they just sat on their asses? Do you think brand new APIs just come out of nowhere and instantly?). You're mad at MS for simply giving the best playground that PC gaming will ever have and letting the market decide what succeeds? 

What? 

What the fuck do you guys want from MS? Some mediocre console ports as a sign that they "care about gaming". Jesus. 

DX12 is amazing, better performance, cutting power consumption in half, it's pretty amazing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You're mad at MS for making a new version of Windows that will be better for gaming, for coming up with a better version of Direct X (do you really think they just sat on their asses? Do you think brand new APIs just come out of nowhere and instantly?). You're mad at MS for simply giving the best playground that PC gaming will ever have and letting the market decide what succeeds? 

What? 

What the fuck do you guys want from MS? Some mediocre console ports as a sign that they "care about gaming". Jesus. 

I second this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Better and more. 

They are trying and you are mad at them for doing it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So is Windows 10 a subscription OS?

No.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit