Pre-order GTA V for PC from Rockstar, get a free classic title (GTA V Steam Pre-order also begins)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

pre order GTAV and get in-game money and a free game....hrm.... or I could pirate GTAV along with any other game I would want and use Cheat Engine to get in-game money :P

I will wait until TotalBiscuit gives his opinion on it.

Thats cool and all.   But, I'm NEVER pre-ordering a game, if I have to spend extra money or spend extra time getting the things I didn't get because I didn't pre-order.  So be it, but I'm not pre-ordering a game till I know its not a failure. 

I've never pre-purchased anything else but will be for this. I did enjoy the game on console and because I happen to be blessed living in Australia with my shitty internet, I want the game to start downloading ASAP whether I be asleep or at work. Also, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but as an Autralian, our consumer laws state that I'm entitled to a refund if I so choose. So if it's broken I'll (attempt to)get my money back.

Having said all that, Watch Dogs didn't give me any dramas on launch (no I didn't pre purchase) and that was a travesty. So suffice to say I'm pretty confident.

I do and say whatever I want to whomever I please

Why would anyone pre-order this game. Why would you wait more than a year and then gamble weather the port is any good by pre-ordering instead of waiting less than 2 days. 

The only games I've ever preordered have been Fifa titles and Nba 2k titles and never felt burnt. The games are awesome year after year and its good to support sports titles on the PC so we get more of them. Plus those two games have huge PC modding communities. 

I'll probably add one more to the list and preorder GTA V as well. I have faith in rockstar and would buy the game anyway even if its poorly optimized. GTA 5 is awesome. 

pre order GTAV and get in-game money and a free game....hrm.... or I could pirate GTAV along with any other game I would want and use Cheat Engine to get in-game money :P

I will wait until TotalBiscuit gives his opinion on it.

You don't need to pirate the game in order to use CE.

TB is your ultimate authority? Lmao.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

OlekKing, on 19 Jan 2015 - 8:23 PM, said:

You don't need to pirate the game in order to use CE.

TB is your ultimate authority? Lmao.

No shit.

No. He's usually the first one to post a video of a newly released title so I will see for myself how the game is.

No shit.

No. He's usually the first one to post a video of a newly released title so I will see for myself how the game is.

It's going to be funny if the Online money isn't completely server sided and you can just modify it with CE.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

OlekKing, on 19 Jan 2015 - 8:35 PM, said:

It's going to be funny if the Online money isn't completely server sided and you can just modify it with CE.

Funny and incredibly sad haha

I don't agree with pre-ordering, but even if I did, I would not want the the bonus like the extra money and stuff

£39.99 is good though :) a nice price

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I rather buy 60USD pc game than buying, 170USD Venom x for playstation 4 for playing gta v with mouse or for fps game or any game that comes on console and pc, if i can play the pc game then it does not matter me if it rubbish port, for me only me matters that game runs, and controls are working, its just terrible to shoot with controller, you are running out of hands, too many puttons to push down, whole life playing fps games at pc, with mouse and keyboard, its just easier stick with familiar used play style. :)

Well what about gta v pre order money for game, you can always give them for homeless people and strippers if you think you got to much money. xD

For all who read this, im not retard, this is my opinion, and you have yours. I don´t judge how you play your games, and which console you own, its it xbone or ps4, or pc, or nintendo, which games you like and dont, so dont judge me for style i like to play, because im not going to judge yours.

I preordered because I owned the game on 360 and $60 isn't shit for me so no need to wait for sale. Also if the game is an unoptimized port unless it's Unity levels my monster rig will be able to run it no problem at 4K. Go onto my profile and check out my monster computer, I just finished it :D

I preordered because I owned the game on 360 and $60 isn't shit for me so no need to wait for sale. Also if the game is an unoptimized port unless it's Unity levels my monster rig will be able to run it no problem at 4K. Go onto my profile and check out my monster computer, I just finished it :D

5391457+_c12e45b923dede0603587df8dea12ca

CPU i7-930 @ 4GHz Mobo Asus P6X58D-E GPU Gigabyte 970 G1 RAM Patriot Division 4 Viper Extreme 8GB HDD Western Digital 1TB SSD Samsung 840 pro 128GB PSU Corsair TX 750w Cooling Corsair H100i Os Win 10 Pro Monitor AOC G2460PG

i know how much people like TB hate pre-ordering games, but fact of the mater is I'm going to buy it either way, no matter how bad it is. there isn't a possibility i won't be buying GTA V

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

i know how much people like TB hate pre-ordering games, but fact of the mater is I'm going to buy it either way, no matter how bad it is. there isn't a possibility i won't be buying GTA V

This kind of mentality absolutely baffles me. Why would you want to gamble on the quality of the game? Just so you can grab a copy of a specific title for bragging rights? You said that you will buy the game "no matter how bad it is". Think about that for a second; you are essentially saying that the quality of the game is irrelevant, and you are only interested in the name "GTA V". If that is the case, you are no longer buying a video game as a video game, but rather as a short-term collectible. I could easily buy dollar store merchandise related to a game, but if I am paying a lofty $70 for a product, I expect it to work as it should. By pre-ordering, you forgo any chance of viewing professional opinion prior to purchase, therefore making this an impulse purchase. Granted, this is not a new IP as Rockstar took it's sweet time after last-gen launches, but that does not change much. It could be the perfect game they claimed it to be, or it could the same level of unoptimized mess that AC Unity was (and still is).

What I find even more shocking is that a good chunk of people that fall into the "buying GTAV no matter what" camp, are also among the most vocal opponents of the pre-order system. I am sorry, but it is one or the other; you cannot have both.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I got it for like 3 euros, honestly who doesn't own this game already?

This kind of mentality absolutely baffles me. Why would you want to gamble on the quality of the game? Just so you can grab a copy of a specific title for bragging rights? You said that you will buy the game "no matter how bad it is". Think about that for a second; you are essentially saying that the quality of the game is irrelevant, and you are only interested in the name "GTA V". If that is the case, you are no longer buying a video game as a video game, but rather as a short-term collectible. I could easily buy dollar store merchandise related to a game, but if I am paying a lofty $70 for a product, I expect it to work as it should. By pre-ordering, you forgo any chance of viewing professional opinion prior to purchase, therefore making this an impulse purchase. Granted, this is not a new IP as Rockstar took it's sweet time after last-gen launches, but that does not change much. It could be the perfect game they claimed it to be, or it could the same level of unoptimized mess that AC Unity was (and still is).

And this throws me for a loop. I preordered because I'm in the same boat - I'm getting it either way.

I think we're sitting in a battle of high/medium risk takers vs non/low risk takers. I'll gamble on the quality of this game, just like I gambled on whether or not I would like the $15000 CAD snowmobile I preordered a couple years back (which I absolutely love - I'm not made of money either, saved every nickle and dime for years for it). Doesn't bother me. Looks like it doesn't bother The_Evenger either. But if the possibility of wasting $70 worries you then by all means, wait until after release for the "professional" reviews. Guys like myself will be enjoying while you wait, and sure there might be some bugs and whatnot but guess what? That's the risk we're willing to take.

To be honest, not being willing to take such a small risk is pretty foreign to me. Maybe that's why all these posts drive me up the wall.

Call me crazier - I'm not even going to be able to play it for the first couple days it's out!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

What I find even more shocking is that a a good chunk of people that fall into the "buying GTAV no matter what" camp, are also among the most vocal opponents of the pre-order system. I am sorry, but it is one or the other; you cannot have both.

well here's the thing, i played it on console, and on that it was dropping below 20, ran at a horrific resolution, had a terrible filter on, yet i played the crap out of it. even if it is unoptimized, it can't perform worse than console. and if we're talking about pure game play, i already know what I'm in for, so I'm not taking a gamble really.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

well here's the thing, i played it on console, and on that it was dropping below 20, ran at a horrific resolution, had a terrible filter on, yet i played the crap out of it. even if it is unoptimized, it can't perform worse than console. and if we're talking about pure game play, i already know what I'm in for, so I'm not taking a gamble really.

Because it performed poorly on a console, does not mean by definition that the PC port is any better. Let me remind you about the nightmare that was GTA IV; the vanilla game was nearly unplayable, and it required mods to get it to a satisfactory level, even today. There are also other case examples like Dark Souls 1, and Resident Evil 4, neither of which had much of any mods to save them.

This also goes to the other guy, @Blecter, but do not take such a wild gamble on a consumable product. Video games are made with the intention that the consumers enjoy it and keep it. If we were to preorder, this would make incentive for the developers and publishers that the launch game quality is irrelevant, and focus on cashing in as much as possible from the ill-informed before they become aware of the dilemma. This is exactly what Ubisoft did with the review embargos on AC Unity.  It could come to a point where a game is hyped as a "Crysis killer", but you only get an empty box/directory of a game once launch arrives. You can protest about it, you can demand for a working game, but at the end of the day this will be in vein due to the preorder impulse culture established.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Have you seen the nuuvem deal? It's like 30 EUR. I am on the verge of giving up and preordering. I absolutely love GTA V on my PS3 and I will be 100% getting the it for the PC. Plus there is no indication whatsoever that this game would go on sale for less than 30 any time soon. Maybe even region locks put in place, and the price will rise to 60. The bugs will be fixed, give it some time. GTA IV runs fine on my PC now, the PS3 version though looks really terrible. I never even touch it anymore. 

Trying my best not to click the pre-order button. The price is quite cheap here.

13622401856803.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The only games I've ever preordered have been Fifa titles and Nba 2k titles and never felt burnt. The games are awesome year after year and its good to support sports titles on the PC so we get more of them. Plus those two games have huge PC modding communities.

I'll probably add one more to the list and preorder GTA V as well. I have faith in rockstar and would buy the game anyway even if its poorly optimized. GTA 5 is awesome.

Assassins creed unity is awesome too.. Why should I buy it? Oh yeah.. It's trash.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Assassins creed unity is awesome too.. Why should I buy it? Oh yeah.. It's trash.

contrary of what people might say , it's not trash by any means 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker