Pre-order GTA V for PC from Rockstar, get a free classic title (GTA V Steam Pre-order also begins)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Waiting for TB's port-report.

That...

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

If I already preordered the retail version from a well-known retailer, do I still get that in game cash or nah? I don't care about the free game, since I already have GTA III, VC, SA, IV and EFLC on Steam, I just want that cash

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I'm not preordering anything. at least I hope that kojima does not get me on the hook with mgs V. gta v and mgs v are the only games I'm interrested this year. I have to stay strong!

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

Lets see where all those "don't preorder" people are now. 

Developers shouldn't matter. Treat everyone the same. Don't preorder this one at all. 

No company is infallible and if you really care about the state of the industry and all the broken games we've gotten then prove it, don't give them a single cent till well after the game releases, once we actually know what it plays like and if its worth it. 

The comments on page one gave me hope that people had finally learned. Then the more I read the more I saw comments about having preordered it...

Didn't Rockstar do a terrible job with the PC port of GTA 4? I don't have high expectations for this PC port.

I just wait for the release. GTA SA can be bought for pennies, so it is not really a reason to pre order it

60euros for a digital game. 

AHAHHAAHAHAH k

wait they want 60 euros for a pc game AHAHAHAHA, i don't think so, EA tried that with BF4 2 weeks laters it was 30 xD

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Unfortunately I can never buy GTA V. It's shame really.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Unfortunately I can never buy GTA V. It's shame really.

why so ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

it's 60 euros? It's 60 USD

what the actual fuck

why do these companies do this?

Despicable.

Eh the standard version of Dragon Age Inquisition on Origin in the UK is £50/€66/$76 and the deluxe version is £60/€79/$91. That's what EA think a digital game is worth, and it's why it's the first Dragon Age game I haven't bought within the first couple of weeks of release.

Nearly $100 for one game. I'll pass.

why so ?

This game is suppose to be 60 USD right? But Take-Two(owners of Rockstar), 2K and Ubisoft are the 3 publishers on Steam that decide not to do that for Turkey. It cost 200TL in here which translates to 86 US dollars. Never gonna pay for that.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This game is suppose to be 60 USD right? But Take-Two(owners of Rockstar), 2K and Ubisoft are the 3 publishers on Steam that decide not to do that for Turkey. It cost 200TL in here which translates to 86 US dollars. Never gonna pay for that.

wow , its the opposite here, we get new games for 20$ here , only rockstar games are costly as much as 40$

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

wow , its the opposite here, we get new games for 20$ here , only rockstar games are costly as much as 40$

In general most 60 USD games cost around 35 USD here but it's those 3 publishers that take the opposite approach and inflate the prices by 30%. We get the most expensive pricing in the world from them.

This is such a painful decision. On one hand I know the max payne 3 team is making the pc port which looked fantastic and ran well, on the other hand gta 4.....nuff said. I might end up getting it just because I need the game regardless of how bad the port will be because I am a loser.  <_<

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Sweet, but I'm not preordering. I'm waiting for the release. Though I do have a faith in Rockstar on this one and I'm expecting a solid release.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

faith in the pc port has just been lost 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

The comments on page one gave me hope that people had finally learned. Then the more I read the more I saw comments about having preordered it...

Didn't Rockstar do a terrible job with the PC port of GTA 4? I don't have high expectations for this PC port.

Yes GTA IV had a bad port but that is one game. Most of their other ports have been good and Max Payne 3, the last PC game they released, had an excellent PC version.

If I already preordered the retail version from a well-known retailer, do I still get that in game cash or nah? I don't care about the free game, since I already have GTA III, VC, SA, IV and EFLC on Steam, I just want that cash

Nope.  It only applies if you pre-ordered from Steam or directly from Rockstar.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Nope.  It only applies if you pre-ordered from Steam or directly from Rockstar.

Well shit.On the page of the product in the store I preordered from it says that I do get that cash

Well shit.On the page of the product in the store I preordered from it says that I do get that cash

Oh, in that case I might be mistaken.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Oh, in that case I might be mistaken.

But they just translated to romanian the article R* posted before the xbone/ps4 release(when they first announced the pc version), and when I went to ask a retail guy at the store if I get it on release day or a few days earlier, he didn't even know the official release date(that was 2 days before the delay was announced) and I also asked about the price change(which was a minor one, though) and that dumbass said he would even pay $100 for it (I highly doubt he would bay a quarter of his salary, or half of his rent lol) 

I just did. FML. I have been a fan of GTA since forever, so I just bought it as soon as it was available on Steam without really thinking it through. Now what do I do? I can't move on with my life until somebody tells me it's okay.... :unsure:

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

No because GTA4 on the PC was not optimized and glitchy on day one.It took rockstar 9 months to make Gta4 playable on the PC!.So never pre-order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Don't ask us, ask the known retailer.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Don't ask us, ask the known retailer.

And they wouldn't know what to answer, they don't even know the release date and if I were to ask them about it they'd probably go to the product page and confirm it, fast-forward to March 24th, game arrives, I activate it on Steam, none of the promised  cash. Lol