Pre-order GTA V for PC from Rockstar, get a free classic title (GTA V Steam Pre-order also begins)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

lol this bribe free game pretty much says that the PC port will be a massive wreck.  There's no probably a fine note that says you can't sue them if you took the free game.

No, it does not. Several games have done stuff like this and turned out just fine. It costs them pretty much nothing to include the free game into the pre-order and it adds another hook for people that might want one of those games.

Seems like an incentive for all the people whining about the delay. 

And the game is already at the top of the Top Sellers on Steam.

Really hope this isn't a flop, but I can't wait to hear all the whining from people who pre-ordered it and it turns to be crap.

We'll wait and see.

I wish more people would use Origin and allow EA to use G.G.G on their games.

I might just preorder...

No, don't. Stop pre-ordering games even if this is supposedly going to be a good PC port.

60euros for a digital game. 

AHAHHAAHAHAH k

it's 60 euros? It's 60 USD

what the actual fuck

why do these companies do this?

Despicable.

In New Zealand, the price listed on Steam is $75USD (~$96.40NZ)

Also, Public Service Announcement from TotalBiscuit:

You weren't going to play San Andreas anyway. It's been what, a few dollars in several sales? If you couldn't be bothered to buy it for a couple dollars then you don't really care about it, and you likely won't play it very much. This is a ploy from Rockstar to make you preorder. The risk of a shitty PC port is not outweighed by the reward of a old cheap game you were never interested in playing. Don't preorder.

I have had to keep on playing on my ps3 just for this game, and i know a lot of people who want to buy it as well. So yeah, i'm gonna preorder it, but i'll wait till i see a better deal somewhere. The ps3 version was 55 euro, and my friend got the PC preorder for less than 30.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

No, don't. Stop pre-ordering games even if this is supposedly going to be a good PC port.

Yeah... Its 70 f**kin dollars in Canada... And since Lord Gaben is lame i can't use a VPN to get US prices. I would totally pre order this on Origin though... Great Game Guarantee, Add to cart button, Valve hasn't figured that out yet.

just so y'll know, it's 40$ in India

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

nooope. waiting for TB's port report.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

holy shit kids, its 5 bucks to pre order. tell your parents to get better jobs if its blowing that much sand up yalls dresses.

Stop preordering video games.

seriously.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Stop preordering video games.

seriously.

No, sorry, I'm still going to keep pre-ordering the handful of games I feel are worth it. No matter how many people spam this shit around the web.

No, sorry, I'm still going to keep pre-ordering the handful of games I feel are worth it. No matter how many people spam this shit around the web.

Why? you don't get it any earlier you just add to the shit cycle that allows large company's to produce shit games and still make loads of money.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Why? you don't get it any earlier you just add to the shit cycle that allows large company's to produce shit games and still make loads of money.

I pay it off early when I know I have the money and for games as big as GTAV a pre-load option is rather important. Beyond that I don't add to the cycle. The pre-order cycle is due to people blindly pre-ordering without stopping to consider for a bit. I don't see a game and go "oooh shiny, let's pre-order". If I'm sure I'm going to buy a game on release anyway then pre-ordering is an option, especially when there is a decent discount to be had at places like Green Man Gaming.

I have no evidence to support this, but I get the feeling that this is just a ploy to boost sales because they already know the pc port is gonna be toss

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Must resist, oh so difficult...

And the game is already at the top of the Top Sellers on Steam.

Really hope this isn't a flop, but I can't wait to hear all the whining from people who pre-ordered it and it turns to be crap.

We'll wait and see.

Well I dont think people should pre-order tbh but I really hope its not a flop. I am really hoping it is as awesome as it could be

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I'm sorry, I've let you down, guys and gals. I pre-ordered from Steam.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

Only reason i want to preorder is the extra money you get online. I am not the kind of guy who would work for money. But its hard to decide

Well fuck me then xD I pre-ordered like last year from my local game retailer (don't judge me, I've waited so much for this game). No bonuses for me I guess :P

What's wrong with pre-ordering? I wanna have the game delivered right when the game is relased... And I even get a free game like Max Payne 3.... And I don't really care paying 5 dollars more if I preorder GTA: V...

P.S. GTA V will be great optimized. Just like Max Payne 3. (I've heard that often 1-2 months ago)

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black