3 Top AMD Executives Have Left the Company

patrickjp93

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8874/amd-executive-shakeup-byrne-laforce-and-naik-leave-amd

Chiefs of Marketing and Strategy, as well as the GM of Computing and Graphics Business all left AMD today. 

John Byrne (GM) is said to be leaving to pursue outside opportunities. Lisa Su is going to fill in as the interim for this position.

CMO Colette Laforce is leaving for currently unknown reasons, though given the performance and reputation of AMD's marketting department, I personally wouldn't be surprised if she was fired.

CSO Raijan Naik is also leaving for unknown reasons. Given AMD's low ability to break into new markets and convince OEMs to play ball, I again would not be surprised if he was fired. Currently his replacement is unknown.

It looks like AMD REALLY wants to start fresh from Zen. These are big names leaving, and AMD's followup statement below further cements this idea for me.

These changes, including the additions of Forrest Norrod and James Clifford to our management team last quarter, collectively are part of implementing an optimal organization design and leadership team to further sharpen our execution and position AMD for growth.

IMHO, it was good when Rory Read finally stepped down from his CEO position. Now hopefully with the leaders of what I would label as some of the most underperforming departments gone, Lisa can start pushing AMD back into being a top notch company.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hopefully this is the first step towards them being successful once again.

Seriously, If they could just make some good CPU's that can compete with Intel they'll be golden.

Seriously, If they could just make some good CPU's that can compete with Intel they'll be golden.

Specifically, they need something that can compete with the i5.  We don't want 8 weak cores!  We want 4 strong ones.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Thank God.

Honestly, AMD is a great company but, need a good restructure on their team, go into new fields and expand like mobile chip manufacturing, something new, vivid like to the industry. Only competition they face against is really Intel. 

I always been a AMD fan for their great deals.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

Not really surprised about the marketing person getting sacked.

I also hope they are getting it together with Zen, but at the same time, it could be foreshadowing that Zen is not going to be all its cranked up to be and top executives are heading out before the travesty hits.

Who knows, its all speculation, but good riddance to that marketing person getting the boot.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

We need competitor for intel.

High end race is much more interesting...

Hopefully this means something good for AMD.

i bet you those three are going to team up to make a new amd with blackjack and hookers.

photo-thumb-143379.jpg?_r=1414375659

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Everything I've heard from Lisa Su is promising, they just need to implement it. 6-8 weak cores for general productivity is more than ok, it's pretty stellar. But it would be nice if their performance CPUs had a different forté to that of an i3. And as much as people like to bring up their effectiveness for YouTubers, how many of us does that honestly apply to?

I want my next choice of CPU to be a genuinely difficult decision.

We need competitor for intel.

High end race is much more interesting...

your avatar

it's from a british tv show

i forgot which 1

Not really surprised about the marketing person getting sacked.

I also hope they are getting it together with Zen, but at the same time, it could be foreshadowing that Zen is not going to be all its cranked up to be and top executives are heading out before the travesty hits.

Who knows, its all speculation, but good riddance to that marketing person getting the boot.

I wouldn't say that. Lisa Su and Rory Read were mutual antagonists. Most of the C-suite were used to good treatment from Read. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the boot or left because they were put back to work.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Rats fleeing a sinking ship? Anyone?

Edit: I want Nvidia to be the only GPU maker left, and get broken apart in some anti-trust hearing :(

BFG come back pls

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Edit: I want Nvidia to be the only GPU maker left, and get broken apart in some anti-trust hearing :(

BFG come back pls

of course fanboys coming hoping amd is going to fail and go bankrupt because monopolies is what we want and 5000 dollars for a gtx 750

BFG come back pls

I think it's more likely Lisa Su fired them all for incompetence. I mean really where has AMD had good marketing in the last 3 years? Where have their design wins gone like the discovery tablet based on Mullins?

of course fanboys coming hoping amd is going to fail and go bankrupt because monopolies is what we want and 5000 dollars for a gtx 750

Even Iris Pro 5200 could beat the GTX 750. Nvidia would never get away with it.

This either is going to bet new beginning for AMD, an opportunity for them to finally get their act together, company wide, and finally make some decent 4-6 core CPU ps to compete with intel and bring the prices down market wide or...

Or all these guys are bailing before AMD crashes and burns, or because all these guys have left their new stuff might not be 100%

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

i bet you those three are going to team up to make a new amd with blackjack and hookers.

The Wolf of AMD staring Leonardo Decaprio

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

BFG come back pls

Still have a BFG Tech GTX 280 card ;)

rip

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

your avatar

it's from a british tv show

i forgot which 1

Its from canadian tv show.

Trailer park boys :)