The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Oh cool!  Didn't think I'd see it again, really liked the first version through I did have a technical issue with it(conflict if I recall).  Look forward to taking the update out for a swing.  Flat out a neat town in an area I felt needed some attention.

Do note:

29 voiced characters, over 800 lines of voiced dialog, 23 dialog scenes between residents and much more...

Shezrie's Old Hroldan Ver 2.0 by Shezrie

Nice to see a new big mod released. The rate of new mods really drop a lil after FO4 got released. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

So for the first time in a couple of years I decided to do a civil war playthrough, and figured I'd add some mods to the list.

Since the last time I went through that campaign, the Civil War Overhaul & Warzones mods both got major updates that no longer break the game, and combined with all the memory fixes that have come out, I figured I'd have a much more stable experience. I also added the new Warzones: Assault Attack expansion and the Civil War Recurring Sieges mod.

And hot damn it's a way more exciting playthrough. At any moment travelling through the world I'm coming across armies of Imperials and Stormcloaks battling it out, there's giants and dragons added to the city defenses, the soldiers are spread out into various classes with a bunch of different armors, there's trebuchets launching fireballs into the battlefields and guards in enemy holds attack me unless I'm dressed up in the opposing faction's armor -- it's a blast. I've still had the occasional crash or freeze here and there (since I've got another few hundred mods installed at the same time and I'm playing on a laptop) but it's as stable as my Skyrim ever has been. I recommend adding these mods even if you're not playing through the war, just to make it a more interesting place to travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready for some screen shots, ordering my new PC soon (CF Fury's, Skylake i7 if I can find one by mid January...)

First project is modding Skyrim to the limits of that 4G buffer lol. Likely going modest on the textures, but heavy on the effects (like ENB)

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

• 2 weeks later...

Pride of Valhalla - Super HD Skin Set for UNP by Dracofish aka MelissaGT

Main Files

Asgard
Instant death to fps - screenarchers and custom race users only!
Body - 8k diffuse map, 4k uncompressed normal map, 8k specular map, 2k subsurface map
Head - 4k diffuse map, 4k uncompressed normal map, 4k specular map, 2k subsurface map

cit_seto_no_hanayome_luna_blows_off_stea

One of the best 0.025 frames per second experiences I've had before crashing to date.

Pride of Valhalla - Super HD Skin Set for UNP by Dracofish aka MelissaGT

cit_seto_no_hanayome_luna_blows_off_stea

One of the best 0.025 frames per second experiences I've had before crashing to date.

Ah, that, downloaded instantly. Time to see, what 8GB of vram can really do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Ah, that, downloaded instantly. Time to see, what 8GB of vram can really do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Here

kleenex.jpg

Just in case.

You trying it for 7B?

Here

Just in case.

You trying it for 7B?

Yeap. It should work...

Yeap. It should work...

Problems?

I had to fix texture paths, not that it mattered much since my e-peen is waaay too flaccid to man up for that level of quality.

Problems?

I had to fix texture paths, not that it mattered much since my e-peen is waaay too flaccid to man up for that level of quality.

A lil bit over 4GB

post-148449-0-29171300-1452766835.jpg

Only available at *:`CriticalErrorFunc()`SiteCannotBeNamed.src: Account warning automatically applied* uploaded by user S666.  Has a unique body, and is not without it's issues but it works and looks pretty effing gr8 IMHO.  She's got havok enabled hair and clothes, really makes most of my skyrim seem soullessly inanimate.  Look forward to seeing how Ciri manages following around a lvl109 legendary dragonness in modded skyrim :) .

07iXPI9.jpg

FYI.  Updated now with more better.

Haven't tried the update yet myself since my Ciri is in a massive merged NPC mod and didn't think there was going to be improvements made cause...reasons.

s666 has furnished optional textures for users to pick their flavour too.

A lil bit over 4GB

attachicon.gifTESV 2016-01-14 18-07-38-37.jpg

Still over 40 fps huh...hmmm

How about with this added on top?

Renthal HD Flora all in one 4k version

Let's bring you back in line with the good'ol god fearing cinematic 30 range ;p

:edit: actually NVM.  After seeing the glowing mushrooms and trotting around in the northern parts of skyrim, I'd say there are some aesthetic improvements to be made, never mind the fidelity of it.

Still over 40 fps huh...hmmm

How about with this added on top?

Renthal HD Flora all in one 4k version

Let's bring you back in line with the good'ol god fearing cinematic 30 range ;p

:edit: actually NVM.  After seeing the glowing mushrooms and trotting around in the northern parts of skyrim, I'd say there are some aesthetic improvements to be made, never mind the fidelity of it.

I'll try it out when I have the time  :P

My Skyrim mods contain only graphic and weather enhancement

Am I the only person who fully respect Vanilla Skyrim here?

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

http://mod.dysintropi.me/a-couple-of-conversions/

@Pohernori

Are Jean or Sheila(I think was her name) FF12 fans?

Ah, that one is in my mod list waiting for some SS  :D

Nope. Many others are the same  ;)

I respect it, but I still have to change it!

Don't even really have graphic mods either way :P (as my PC can barely handle Skyrim as is)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's unfortunate.  Everyone should really tryout interesting NPCs IMO, and some of the quest mods people make are epic.  Hell Bethesda themselves loved falskaar and helgen reborn, not that I read the beth blog much.

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Ghost of Skyrim SAC clothes

72870-0-1453568820.jpg

Motoko thinks the Dragonborn is a weak tea pathetic pickpocket and has arrived in Skyrim to take care of business.  After all, someone has to man up and put the dragons and skydaddy crybaby religious fanatics in their place.

Probably best used in conjunction with SCHWARZENEGGER and Modern Weapons Pack because science > magicka

Modding is often done out of respect for Vanilla Skyrim, but in acknowledgement of its flaws. A good example is SkyUI, making the interface more usable on PC.

The terms are often used as a joke, but there's lots of "immersive" and "lore friendly" mods that are made to enhance the vanilla experience while doing away with some of the game's annoyances (like how you can't see your target when doing archery in third person because your head is in the way, and how NPC's don't walk at the same speed you do, or how controlling dialogue menus with the mouse and keyboard is clunky and confusing). Experimenting with these kinds of mods turned my experience from being a 200 hour game into a 1600 hour game.

@Pohernori

rxkx22 pulled all his mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2650523/?

File hidden

This file has currently been set to hidden by the author of the file. You cannot look at this file page or download any files relating to this file until the author makes the file visible to the public again.

The reason given by the author is: Re-publishing is undecided.

:(

Did you get the last Bijin NPC and Seranaholic updates?