The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

IDK If I've popped in here yet.

So far I have about 200 mods running stable with a total of about 300.

Mostly graphics mods.

I probably spend more time modding then playing

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

IDK If I've popped in here yet.

So far I have about 200 mods running stable with a total of about 300.

Mostly graphics mods.

I probably spend more time modding then playing

Damn, that is a lot Jerakl! How in the world did you manage to find so many mods compatible with each other?

Also, the same for me. More time modding than playing. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Damn, that is a lot Jerakl! How in the world did you manage to find so many mods compatible with each other?

Also, the same for me. More time modding than playing. :lol:

You can't.

Just minimum overlap so that it still functions. I rarely crash though.

Lots of different mods for lots of different things. I actually got to the point where I can't find mods that look good to download because I have them all already lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You can't.

Just minimum overlap so that it still functions. I rarely crash though.

Lots of different mods for lots of different things. I actually got to the point where I can't find mods that look good to download because I have them all already lol

Oh, I would have assumed then that your crashes are consistently common. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh, I would have assumed then that your crashes are consistently common. :lol:

Nah, almost never

*sigh*

Think I might have to abandon my quest to make a "Noticeably Interesting NPCs" pseudo-mod.

Finding it really difficult to work with 3dnpc, impossible in CK now that I made it a master(had to in a previous step).

As close as I think I'm going to be able to get.  Damn neck seams.

DrOj452.jpg

*sigh*

Think I might have to abandon my quest to make a "Noticeably Interesting NPCs" pseudo-mod.

Finding it really difficult to work with 3dnpc, impossible in CK now that I made it a master(had to in a previous step).

As close as I think I'm going to be able to get.  Damn neck seams.

Was the goal to re-texture the npcs?  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

[start incoherent blathering]

Pretty much.  Figured it would be a good way to make use of a good chuck of follower mods and overlapping npc makeovers.  Might as well use their gen data for 3DNPC, or so was the thought.  And of course not all the inpcs, just the female followers as I am both unfamiliar with what is available for those playing on other team and disinterested.

But it's a bit more than that too.  Since I don't particularly like sog or sidearm 85 npc overhauls as they make everyone look asian IMO which just doesn't fit, as well as other reasons that shouldn't be discussed. So anyways, thought I'd stitch together one for myself to fill the in the holes left over from make overs that I do like.

MEGA Link to Doc

I did however manage to open zora and 3DNPC in CK.  Gotta love loverslab, once I changed my search terms, boom, there they were with answers.  Now it's different problems.  1 step forward, 2 steps back.

[start incoherent blathering]

Pretty much.  Figured it would be a good way to make use of a good chuck of follower mods and overlapping npc makeovers.  Might as well use their gen data for 3DNPC, or so was the thought.  And of course not all the inpcs, just the female followers as I am both unfamiliar with what is available for those playing on other team and disinterested.

But it's a bit more than that too.  Since I don't particularly like sog or sidearm 85 npc overhauls as they make everyone look asian IMO and it just doesn't fit as well as other reasons that shouldn't be discussed. So anyways, thought I's stitch together one for myself to fill the in the holes..

MEGA Link to Doc

I did however manage to open zora and 3DNPC in CK.  Gotta love loverslab, once I changed my search terms boom, there they were with answers.  Now it's different problems.  1 step forward, 2 steps back.

So its changing the appearance of the NPCs from that mod? I may have done this before... hmm... It was to lydia I think. But I used ECE instead. I think what I did is different in a way...  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i might as well show my current character

he is a nord who is the best assassin around he can basically sneak right up to someone without them knowing and he's decked out in daedric armour and he is very powerful when it comes to one handed weapons his only weakness are the damn dragons and enemys that use shock spells, currently working on improving alchemy and enchanting, will update with an image or two and his load out later

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

So its changing the appearance of the NPCs from that mod?

Sorry. Yes it is.

So its changing the appearance of the NPCs from that mod? I may have done this before... hmm... It was to lydia I think. But I used ECE instead. I think what I did is different in a way...

I'm mostly using TES5Edit to change the formIDs and physically renaming & reallocating the files to what and where they're supposed to be & go.  CK is a pain for me, even when it works it doesn't make much sense to me.  So I'm doing things the way EVERYONE says not to because I'm eff'ing stupid like that.  Tried using some of the tools on the nexus, but no joy.  If tesedit just had a bit more depth on tint layers I think I'd be able to squeak by when comparing and manipulation records.

Never used ECE, I'm a racemenu user.  Not giving up my succubi :wub:

i might as well show my current character

I'll be honest with ya, I've seen better.  Or did you mean to just describe him?

I'll be honest with ya, I've seen better.  Or did you mean to just describe him?

i was trying to describe him, but theres not much you can do interms of character in vanilla skyrim with no dlc's nor mods that and he's on the xbox

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i was trying to describe him, but theres not much you can do interms of character in vanilla skyrim with no dlc's nor mods that and he's on the xbox

Okay cool.  The term "show" threw me off.  He sounds a lot like my current character, particularly the getting wrecked my lighting spells.  My DB also gets beat up pretty bad by ice storm, but only when it's a follower casting it.  Jeez I hate it when follower mods include that spell in the character build, it's the worst.

Okay cool.  The term "show" threw me off.  He's sounds a lot like my current character, particularly the getting wrecked my lighting spells.  My DB also gets beat up pretty bad by ice storm, but only when it's a follower casting it.  Jeez I hate it when follower mods include that spell in the character build, it's the worst.

yeah, cant wait untill i get a system that can run skyrim so i can actually do stuff other then the base game

Spoiler

Okay, I have a small yet annoying problem.

When I go to make my character, I think "Oh, a stealth archer would be really cool to make" but then after I make it and have to go kill the dragon, I get shit on because all I'm using is a bow with light armor.

So almost all of my character are one-handed or two-handed nords because I feel like they don't have a hard time with really anything.

Can someone help me with this? How are you supposed to kill a dragon with a stealth archer?

How do you build it? 1 Health, 1 Stamina?

A stealth archer needs top weapons and armor.  So start by grinding on Smithing - hunting for game outside Whiterun will give you plenty of free leather while also improving your Archery.  Then you grind on enchanting to buff all the armor and weapons.

It will pay off, but it takes time.  When you can one shot a giant while sneaking dragons won't seem so impossible.

FYI Interesting npc v3.15 update. :D

Released on the 12th and no one told me before I started changing the one in my data folder T_T

Yes I should have checked.

No it's not my fault.  It's yours!

:cries:

http://3dnpc.com/2015/10/12/3dnpc-v3-15/

Ah... well... Atleast the steps are easier now?  :lol:

Ah... well... Atleast the steps are easier now?  :lol:

No.  Well maybe a bit.  Doesn't make me feel any better right now.

But this does :D

Lind001 is dropping a mess of pretty awesome textures for the run of the mill robes in skyrim.  Ya know those ones with "meh" or no enchantment that no ones cared about before, but they've always kinda just been there.  Now they're interesting and sharp look'en.  They work rather well with the meshes I'm using too.

Lind's Green Wizard Robes

70920-0-1445975958.jpg

Lind's Black-Necromancer Robes Variant

70869-0-1445794256.jpg

Lind's Brown Robes Revamp

59769-2-1415455905.jpg

Lind's Court Wizard Robes - Blue Robes

59734-1-1415331157.jpg

Lind's Grey Wizard Robes Revamp

36173-2-1421699518.jpg

Lind's Red Wizard Robes Revamp

36078-2-1421460346.jpg

Lind's Necromancer Robes Revamp

36049-2-1414959989.jpg

@Pohernori

Just a super quick and dirty slideshow on the overlapping NPC replacers from TM Waifus (updated TM Waifus renewal)and The Ordinary Women and where I redirected them to.  Forgot to screenshot Idgrod the younger and didn't include Zora since she's the same as earlier.  Seemed a shame to just delete their character gen data just because I'm running the Bijin mods, so might as well give 3dnpc some love and sweep up some odds and sods in vanilla ;) .

Any rate a youtube slideshow was just easier then changing 17 or so bitmaps to Jpeg to upload post and blah blah blah.  The visual fidelity, or lack thereof, might make you want to rip your eyes out but there is some audio to make it a bit less painful :D

Outside of some more messing around with setnpcweight in console I don't think what remains of neck seams will improve much, especially with the way I've been wedging (or hammering) the changes through.  There's only so much messing around with tint layers in Tes5Edit I can tolerate, and without CK working correctly I'm not sure if it's even possible to have the facial tints transmogrify the body colours to match.  Which is why the first picture of Zora's face I posted she has a lot more detail/tan going on.

@Pohernori

Just a super quick and dirty slideshow on the overlapping NPC replacers from TM Waifus and The Ordinary Women and where I redirected them to.  Forgot to screenshot Idgrod the younger and didn't include Zora since she's the same as earlier.  Seemed a shame to just delete their character gen data just because I'm running the Bijin mods, so might as well give 3dnpc some love and sweep up some odds and sods in vanilla ;) .

Any rate a youtube slideshow was just easier then changing 17 or so bitmaps to Jpeg to upload post and blah blah blah.  The visual fidelity, or lack thereof, might make you want to rip your eyes out but there is some audio to make it a bit less painful :D

Outside of some more messing around with setnpcweight in console I don't think what remains of neck seams will improve much, especially with the way I've been wedging (or hammering) the changes through.  There's only so much messing around with tint layers in Tes5Edit I can tolerate, and without CK working correctly I'm not sure if it's even possible to have the facial tints transmogrify the body colours to match.  Which is why the first picture of Zora's face I posted she has a lot more detail/tan going on.

Good work changing their appearances :B I'd imagine it to be tedious? 

Good work changing their appearances :B I'd imagine it to be tedious? 

Without CK yea, though I suspect a lot less so then the source modder(s) actually making them suffered.  Sucked having to make a small change, load up the game and check, exit game, go back into tes5edit and repeat ad nauseam and every time hoping that things don't snap for some unknown reason.  Oh well, it had to be done.  The world wasn't right with Tikrid being treated as a sprite.

When I get a new rig and do a new install of skyrim I'll be sure to avoid placing things in programsX86 directory, and I know to make sure if people are using 3dmax or nifskope since some of the links to textures/shadders in 3dmax go to pot when there exported.  Outside of that I learned that graphics programmers/artists seem to have shit nomenclature and obscure reasoning for variable names embedded in their DNA :P (So sayith me)

Question how do I get the SG hairpack i think it was the 268 version to work with custom races? Do i have to change anything in the custom races' esp in CK or the SGH esp?

Dont know what happened but I think even my appachi hair went crazy. Reinstalled them but they wont appear. They appear on the generic characters just not the custom ones.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset