The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Question how do I get the SG hairpack i think it was the 268 version to work with custom races? Do i have to change anything in the custom races' esp in CK or the SGH esp?

Dont know what happened but I think even my appachi hair went crazy. Reinstalled them but they wont appear. They appear on the generic characters just not the custom ones.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/576983-tutorial-assign-meshes-to-new-body-parts/

Is this what you're asking for?

Question how do I get the SG hairpack i think it was the 268 version to work with custom races? Do i have to change anything in the custom races' esp in CK or the SGH esp?

Dont know what happened but I think even my appachi hair went crazy. Reinstalled them but they wont appear. They appear on the generic characters just not the custom ones.

Are you using ECE?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I kinda used that to change a few body parts but what I want is to enable apachii and SG hair pack with my custom race. Should I tweak the hair esp or the races' esp?

Are you using ECE?

Used to now I'm just using racemenu

Sorry for the late replies was at work

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

I kinda used that to change a few body parts but what I want is to enable apachii and SG hair pack with my custom race. Should I tweak the hair esp or the races' esp?

Can't recommend tweaking either, I would opt for duplicating the hair you want to use and then modifying the copy.  If your bone slots are good and slot 31 isn't being used by something else, then maybe you've got mesh issues where the custom head and the hair just aren't working together.  Outside of going into CK to hit ctrl+F4 on NPCs to both fix and enable "things" I haven't used it much.

Hell most of Alskas TM Waifus NPCs I recently changed don't look right in CK, they're all bald with a different face yet in game they work(after a lot of messing around).  Wish I knew how to help ya :(  May want to try asking on LL and nexus for input.

Used to now I'm just using racemenu

Hmm... Not sure about Racemenu but there was some ini editing to get the custom sliders working for custom races in ECE. Try checking your load order. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Can't recommend tweaking either, I would opt for duplicating the hair you want to use and then modifying the copy.  If you're bone slots are good and slot 31 isn't being used by something else, then maybe you've got mesh issues where the custom head and the hair just aren't working together.  Outside of going into CK to hit ctrl+F4 on NPCs to both fix and enable "things" I haven't used it much.

Hell most of Alskas TM Waifus NPCs I recently changed don't look right in CK, they're all bald with a different face yet in game they work(after a lot of messing around).  Wish I knew how to help ya :(  May want to try asking on LL and nexus for input.

Hmm... Not sure about Racemenu but there was some ini editing to get the custom sliders working for custom races in ECE. Try checking your load order.

No worries guys, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to test out after that I'll ask the people on LL. Place actually has a bunch of helpful people! Anyways thanks for trying.

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

No worries guys, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve to test out after that I'll ask the people on LL. Place actually has a bunch of helpful people! Anyways thanks for trying.

Just released on the nexus

Hair to Hair Helmet Picture Tutorial

Maybe give it a whirl if push comes to shove.

Yeap, the peeps there should have more knowledge about Racemenu ;)

@ashtaroth I don't like using custom races because of this kinds of problems, however you can kind of use custom races on the fly in fact, I use this mod so I can switch body types and textures on the fly without affecting NPCs

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37546/?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Thanks for the input guys, I actually had it working before I just forgot how and got lazy. Well time to do some research and tweaking till I hit a wall again before asking.

@Misanthrope I actually have that mod just didn't try it out, when I get the time I play with some stuff again

Anyways gotta fix my mods....

6pwbk8.jpg

Anyways gotta fix my mods....

6pwbk8.jpg

^_^ Nice!

Not a lot of breathing room on the plugins, and rxkx22 just uploaded Bijin NPCs too.

^_^ Nice!

Not a lot of breathing room on the plugins, and rxkx22 just uploaded Bijin NPCs too.

Yeah I know. The only time I crash is when it rains in open world (Rain drops are very very very thick! Visibility down to almost 30% when in FP mode ) or when I enter breezehome I think I messed something up.

Yeah I know. The only time I crash is when it rains in open world (Rain drops are very very very thick! Visibility down to almost 30% when in FP mode ) or when I enter breezehome I think I messed something up.

I had an issue with windstead manor.  Any time I transitioned into, or out of, the space I'd CTD.  Turns out it was the boots I had on some mannequins and an issue between the new racemenu 3.4.0+ with "Equippable Transforms"(heels) and the old HDT heels system.  The conflict was even messing with xp32 for me, which certainly didn't help stability. 

Gonna be a nightmare to fix since a lot of the gear I have is in a massive merged mod with dependencies on the old hdtheels.esp. 

For now I'm not using any heeled foot wear while I putt around thinking if I want to scrap another character and make the full jump to uunp and rebuild my mod list again, and/or waiting for some other revelation to present itself.

Doubt it's the same thing for ya, but...meh :shrugs:, no point keeping my current trials and tribulations a secret either.

@MoonSpot

I think its HTD physics. Everytime I ctd going into breezehome it leaves an auto save named htd physics extension. Its either that or because i previously installed that breezehome house mod with the basement and big book. Forgot its name but its already uninstalled.

I also tried entering the room before without htd physics but It was a tedious process. Got a lot of house mods out there anyways. However it makes me feel unwelcome in Whiterun. T-T

@ashtaroth Think your referring to Breezehome FullyUpgradable I like and use that one.  The big book titled "READ ME DAMNIT" is hard to forget xD.  It's not what I would call a performance friendly home, but I haven't had it crash my game all on it's own.  Maybe it was a particular version of it?  Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, I find it awesome to have early game. 

Shacking up with Uthgerd upon arrival in whiterun works, she's quite welcoming :D.  Until you become all Mr/Miss Rich-thane and dump her house for one with Lydia in it.

I have 2 followers living in her house since she never leaves the bannered mare, and they come out to guard the main gate from vampires at night to protect my vendors.

Lord knows the guards are too useless to manage it themselves.

Yup thats the name! I think i dropped that one because it messed with bijin lydia (was only using the stand alone at that time) havent tried it again since. I will revisit that thing when i have time.

And true those guards are semi useless when vampires attack. Lv 22 on legendary is a bit challenging at first xD. My main is lv 87 atm and just trolling around. Killed myself from that ebony warrior reflect a few times. Wanted to do it like a man, I died a woman lol (char is a woman though).

Well...I'm sticking with Skyrim Ladies - Thieves Guild & Skyrim Ladies Customizer instead of running with Bijin NPCs.  Didn't think I would turn it down when I first heard rxkx22 was going to upload it and who was in it, but here I am :shrugs:.  Rxkx22's Vex and Hulda are tempting, but the rest seem off somehow to me.  I'll probably use their appearance on some other NPCs when I figure out which ones I "feel" that they'd work for.

Could also be the new bijin overlaps too many other overhauls that I'm running with and I'm just feeling lazy, but...idk.  Am I alone in walking away from this one?

TM Waifus Standalone Renewal

Here's one I use, though I use the prior release.  In this iteration the characters have a standalone option which should make using them a lot easier.  If you want higher resolution non-anime like characters who's appearances are more grounded in reality, its worth looking at this one.  Personally I change quite a few of the formID's on this mod and direct their appearance to other NPCs with Tes5Edit since I mod the appearance of most of the relevant NPCs in my game(s).

In short.

Changes the appearance of the marry-able female NPCs in vanilla

They don't look Asian

They aren't glamorous cover girls (as video game logic goes.  I'd roll around with any of them IRL in a second)

They are eye candy (in terms of fidelity)

One of the best options (IMO) for lore friendly with realistic appearances.

71209-0-1446901814.jpg

71209-6-1446901887.png

"USLEEP" AIO damn gotta check my master files first!

"USLEEP" AIO damn gotta check my master files first!

Yea, I'm not installing it until I do a new game.  Waay to many edits going on with the other mods and the 3 patches in my game to introduce this one on top.

As someone who is new to Skyrim, all I can say is that I am playing as a character.

Perfect!  Download SKSE & Mod Organizer.

Then once you've made your nexus account and have MO installed grab the legendary patch (If you bought all the DLCs), unofficial high resolution texture patch, SMIM and aMidianBorn Book of Silence to get started.

TM Dawnguard

Appearance replacer for team Dawnguard.

NPCs affected:

Isran, Celann, Durak, Florentius Baenius, Gunmar, Sorine Jurard, Agmaer, Beleval, Ingjard, Ollrod, Tilde, Vori

71314-10-1447276859.jpg

Starting to like the aesthetic of Aisaka replacers.  Still using TES5Edit to keep Bijin version of Ingjard though ;)