The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Damn you modders!

Fine I'll play Skyrim again.  Damn drug pushers.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66967/?

More to the point, nsk13/Deserter X fairly popular modder(s)(wildly popular in my list of mods) have made and uploaded a new armor after being away for awhile.  YAY!

Deserter X/nsk13's list O'awesomeness

@Pohernori Remember we spoke about a beautification mod "The College of Winterhold Improvement" which was at ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63936/?) but has been taken down by the author?  Seems that it was taken down because people commenting where flaming the modder. I remember seeing some of those comments and they were idiotic to say the least.

I uploaded it to mega if you want to check it out, and figured I'd post it here rather than a PM in case 1 or 2 other mod organizer users here might like to check it out as well.

There was a neck seam issue, and 2 characters get renamed in the subtitles.  So it's not quite complete, but it is gorgeous.  Had it for my last playthrough(my only playthrough that managed  to complete the game, fucking finally), and it's staying in my load order from here on out.

Reminder of what it looks like.

*note if you watched the video, It says that there was a patch for the neck seam.  I didn't get it ;(

Anyways, it's worth preserving I think.

[EDIT] July 6th Mod has been re-uploaded to nexus by author.  No need to fish obscure corners of the net for it.

<snip>

Oh?? Why did the modder receive such hate? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Oh?? Why did the modder receive such hate? 

The comments that I saw, and scoffed at, were along the lines of people taking offense to there being good looking "metro-sexuals" in their game.  Additionally, rather then simply stating "oh, hey.  I got 2 or 3 neck seams and enthir has been renamed" it was stated venomously.  I can't quote verbatim or anything, but I did more then roll my eyes at some of the comments.  Then a day or two later after I played/tested the mod out for a bit and was going to make a great big glowing comment the page was "taken down by author for improvements".  been down ever since, and now the page is just 404.

TL;DR some commenters are just assholes.

The comments that I saw, and scoffed at, were along the lines of people taking offense to there being good looking "metro-sexuals" in their game.  Additionally, rather then simply stating "oh, hey.  I got 2 or 3 neck seams and enthir has been renamed" it was stated venomously.  I can't quote verbatim or anything, but I did more then roll my eyes at some of the comments.  Then a day or two later after I played/tested the mod out for a bit and was going to make a great big glowing comment the page was "taken down by author for improvements".  been down ever since, and now the page is just 404.

TL;DR some commenters are just assholes.

Wasn't the nexus very strict for this? Anyone with a less than constructive feedback was banned on another mod...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Wasn't the nexus very strict for this? Anyone with a less than constructive feedback was banned on another mod...

I hope so.  Didn't hangout on the thread too long.  Surprisingly I didn't care for drama and was excited to use the mod, so I just declared "fuck this noise" and went to try it out for myself.

Probably should have said something when I had the chance, but without trying it out first just would have been weird.

Anywho, there's some chatter about it on immersive winterholds discussion page so at least I'm not alone :)

Also should also note that the modder may very well have taken it down for other reasons.  But from what I saw in the interim I can easily believe that haters ruining things for others was the cause.

:edit: The youtube chat for the mods video provides some additional speculation, and a cleaned variation that should probably be used instead of the link I originally posted (edited prior post).  I haven't tried it since I cleaned my install already.  Don't know if the neck seam patch is included within it.

2 little known follower mods that I liked.

Mariel - Forsworn Briarheart Follower by NerdOfPrey

65895-1-1431675936.jpg
65895-0-1431675936.jpg

65895-7-1431607111.jpg

A bit of a more unique follower in that she's forsworn, she's a briarheart, and that her briarheart has a glowing affect which looks pretty neat in my game.
She's primarily a mage, so she doesn't jump in front of your swinging 2 handed battle axe or arrows nearly as often as some of my other more glamorous followers. Plus she's a bit of a speedy little thing so hitting her accidentally is that much harder...damn tiny bretons.

Katria Ghost Follower by Dragonfire12

If you have Dawngaurd, here's another somewhat unique follower that you may remember.

53650-1-1399009375.jpg

No you don't get to rest Katria, sorry.  My experience with ya marked you as to competent to let go that easily.  And I like the ghosty effect.

Unfortunately she doesn't keep her unique voice from the dawngaurd dlc. 

There are several other little known Katria follower mods and they're all a bit different.  The one linked is just the one I've used.

Anyone have a favourite follower, or current favourite?

@Pohernori College of winterhold improvement is back on and re-released by the author!

It's a reupload of this file. I had had some reasoms for removing it from the site, but many people asked me about modification and wanted to see it on nexus again. So I decided to reupload it. 

Get it while you can this time ;)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67359/?

1-nhl-waynes-world.jpg

@Pohernori College of winterhold improvement is back on and re-released by the author!

Get it while you can this time ;)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67359/?

Speaking of mods, Neovinci made a new armour http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67371/?

;)

...It would seem not particularly strict, or harsh in terms of punishment IMO. 

HI9Jfc2.jpg

...It would seem not particularly strict, or harsh in terms of punishment IMO. 

Well that's odd.... because this happened before and that person would've been banned http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/789197-fabulous-followers-3-nord-girls-no-other-mods-reqd/page-7#entry6355015

Well that's odd.... because this happened before and that person would've been banned http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/789197-fabulous-followers-3-nord-girls-no-other-mods-reqd/page-7#entry6355015

That would've been my preference too, toss out the toxic people; nobody needs or wants them for noth'in.  But it was obviously a dummy account, with 4 whole posts, made by someone that takes lore religiously, cause accepting that someone had the audacity to make a mod that beautifully modified something to the authors preference is wrong somehow.  That and apparently they were being forced to use the mod too, I guess...?

Shit.  That poster would probably be sent into a blind rage if they saw my modded skyrim, and go postal at the thought of HDT tails and ears that someone here may or may not use....(Points suggestively at Luke when he's not looking)

Meh, what can ya do.  At least The college of Winterhold Improvement is in this weeks top files at the moment ^_^

To which I am quite happy for(and oddly proud of) redtox for re-uploading.

That would've been my preference too, toss out the toxic people; nobody needs or wants them for noth'in.  But it was obviously a dummy account, with 4 whole posts, made by someone that takes lore religiously, cause accepting that someone had the audacity to make a mod that beautifully modified something to the authors preference is wrong somehow.  That and apparently they were being forced to use the mod too, I guess...?

Shit.  That poster would probably be sent into a blind rage if they saw my modded skyrim, and go postal at the thought of HDT tails and ears that someone here may or may not use....(Points suggestively at Luke when he's not looking)

Meh, what can ya do.  At least The college of Winterhold Improvement is in this weeks top files at the moment ^_^

To which I am quite happy for(and oddly proud of) redtox for re-uploading.

Shit like this is why I stay on LL more often  :lol:

Want to have your night sky not look like there's a pair of low rez graphics for moons hanging above you?  Do you have a more vibrant/fantasy feel to your modded game and want to maintain that surreal feel with your night sky?  With Wicked Moons Retex you can do just that.

13087-4-1331983598.png

65895-0-1431675936.jpg

I was actually surprised at how many moon re-textures there are for skyrim on the nexus.  A lot of good ones to pick from, and they each make a big difference to the feel of the game IMO.

Always wanted to post here, though I might not contribute anything I might as well drop by and say hi....

Not the best but its still my game

post-141162-0-10487500-1436763575_thumb.

My Character

post-141162-0-88526900-1436763638_thumb.

Aela in Whiterun near Jorvaskar

post-141162-0-04160200-1436763668_thumb.

Hejrim

post-141162-0-52267100-1436763694_thumb.

Whiterun

post-141162-0-15349900-1436763714_thumb.

outside Dustman's Cairn

post-141162-0-26538000-1436763729_thumb.

Riverwood

post-141162-0-47643200-1436763738_thumb.

RIverwood fog

post-141162-0-45195000-1436763751_thumb.

Build your own home

post-141162-0-63202600-1436763760_thumb.

Rain....

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Always wanted to post here, though I might not contribute anything I might as well drop by and say hi....

Not the best its still my game

ScreenShot50.jpg

My Character

ScreenShot35.jpg

Aela in Whiterun near Jorvaskar

ScreenShot22.jpg

Hejrim

TESV.exe_DX9_20141011_102259.jpg

Whiterun

TESV.exe_DX9_20150611_113550.jpg

outside Dustman's Cairn

TESV.exe_DX9_20150618_051325.jpg

Riverwood

TESV.exe_DX9_20150618_051823.jpg

RIverwood fog

TESV.exe_DX9_20150622_102539.jpg

Build your own home

ScreenShot15.jpg

Rain....

Heh heh this thread isn't that active, so feel free to post anything skyrim related. Except NSFW stuff ;)

Speaking of which I haven't introduced my own character yet. I'll have to do that when I get home ;)

Tada: 

wIZX5w2.jpg

Gluten free kebab and chicken pizza. Please god don't taste like arse

Jc0hK90.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hey I have a 760 2gb and I have modded sky rim with around 40 mods. Whenever I install an enb my fps go down to 15 and my game looks like poop? Help plz

Hey I have a 760 2gb and I have modded sky rim with around 40 mods. Whenever I install an enb my fps go down to 15 and my game looks like poop? Help plz

use another enb or the lite version if they have one. Enb can kill fps