The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Dividedbythe9s has several cool and unique follower mods. One of the more interesting modders I follow IMO.

Take a peak at his/her/their list, ya might find something that you think looks cool too.  I'd say they're lore-friendly enough if you got a little wiggle room in your headcanon.

Ones I use are all version 1 releases, many of which are now at version 2 and have been reuploaded as new mods (so total downloads will be significantly lower than they otherwise would have shown):

Bell -Khajiit Hybrid Healer

72973-1-1453910100.jpg

Mora Oghma

66001-2-1453658735.jpg

Eureka -Spriggan Follower

70375-10-1444196011.jpg

Huldra -Draugrborn-

(no hot linked image available that showcases the Frankenstein stitching on the skin texture without violating COC here)

Pretty neat stuff conceptually and technically IMO.  With diversity being the spice of life, bythe9s hits that ball pretty darned hard.  Aesthetically they're miles better than vanilla.  Graphically, well... I think they're great; a few notches under some other "cream of the crop" modders.

Don't know the details, but apparently someone stole his work.

LL link to second hand telling.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52580-npc-beautifiers-for-amorous-adventures-npcs/?p=1447531

Couldn't he report that guy though?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Couldn't he report that guy though?

Don't know what to tell ya Pohernori.  If I were rxkx22 I would have closed up shop long ago from the sheer volume of posts alone, add English not being a native language and I wouldn't even bother looking for a justification to press the mute button.

He says he;s tiered, and we can believe it.  I'd say give it time to breath, relax, play a few hours of modded Sexrim and see where the chips fall once cooler heads & polished knobs return.

Don't know what to tell ya Pohernori. If I were rxkx22 I would have closed up shop long ago from the sheer volume of posts alone, add English not being a native language and I wouldn't even bother looking for a justification to press the mute button.

He says he;s tiered, and we can believe it. I'd say give it time to breath, relax, play a few hours of modded Sexrim and see where the chips fall once cooler heads & polished knobs return.

Heh, now if only there were a "ignore all bullshit" button for the mod authors :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Don't know the details, but apparently someone stole his work.

LL link to second hand telling.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52580-npc-beautifiers-for-amorous-adventures-npcs/?p=1447531

Ohhhh lordie......

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

So I just got killed because an NPC pushed me off a cliff.  Dying isn't something I'm used to with that character, and as such it's time to cure Seranas ADHD!  Prevent her now annoying, and entirely all to frequent sandboxing.  It was cool & unique for awhile, then she always seemed to just be in the way, and now she's an unapologetic backstabbing thrall of Alduin.

Serana Stop Sandboxing by Kraag

63773-1-1426397251.jpg

Update Immersive College of Winterhold by Grantyboy050

[change log snippet]

Version V4.1

Edited scripts to avoid papyrus spamming.

Fixed NPC clustering issues in the Arcanaeum.

Integrated patch for College of Winterhold - NPC Improvement by Redtox. Credits to Chesko!

Implemented minor fixes and changes from comments.

[/]

[/me sings]

When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

So happy together

[/]

Yeessss!  Woohoo mother $%$@% YEAH!

YES-960x623.jpg

So I just got killed because an NPC pushed me off a cliff.  Dying isn't something I'm used to with that character, and as such it's time to cure Seranas ADHD!  Prevent her now annoying, and entirely all to frequent sandboxing.  It was cool & unique for awhile, then she always seemed to just be in the way, and now she's an unapologetic backstabbing thrall of Alduin.

Serana Stop Sandboxing by Kraag

I haven't have had that happened though. But then again, bob doesn't walk around much  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

@Pohernori

rxkx22 has their mods back up on the nexus, and there appears to be some updates to Warmaidens as well.

Well, looks like the issue has settled? 

5 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Well, looks like the issue has settled? 

Don't know, I'd like to believe so.... but seranholic isn't back, maybe others are still hidden, maybe this is just a temp state while rxkx is doing something.  Get what you can noaw!  Figure things out later.

Just now, GxTi7 said:

Thanks for the links!

I will try them out right now and report the results.

Please tell me you're using Mod organizer though.

Anti-crash ENBoost V6.0 by Boris Vorontsov

ENBoost is a patch for memory limitations of the game, some optimizations and other fixes.In new version 6.0 I've added [THREADS] category to enblocal.ini configuration file to apply fixes to multithreading code, which is one of the most buggy thing of game engine.

Anyone here been running, or going to try the new ENBoost?  Always happy to see what I consider bedrock/foundation improvement "mods".

Bad news, shortly after this video went up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ro-HPAJhmw

The mod was taken down. Reason wasn't related to the video. But the author of UUNP decided that he/she didn't like compilation mods anymore and reversed his/her decision. Now, All in one HDT ***** Isn't the only compilation in existence that made life easier for just about anyone. There is also BNJ on the nexus. I advise those interested to start clicking away. 

Edit: Seems like there's more to that. Look up the thread in the land of the forbidden. 

fafafffff.jpg

We're all clear :D AIO is coming back with just a lil cut away and BNJ is not in any risk. All's well end's well xD

Has anyone tried downsampling 4K using an enb here?

Screenshot70380.bmp

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

17 minutes ago, CJPowell27 said:

Has anyone tried downsampling 4K using an enb here?

Screenshot70380.bmp

You can use ENB to downsample? 0_0

On 18 February 2016 at 3:36 AM, MoonSpot said:

Anti-crash ENBoost V6.0 by Boris Vorontsov

Anyone here been running, or going to try the new ENBoost?  Always happy to see what I consider bedrock/foundation improvement "mods".

I wanted to try it be had no CTDs as of late might do it just to see the difference. Pros and cons.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

15 hours ago, Pohernori said:

You can use ENB to downsample? 0_0

In SkyrimPrefs.ini

iSize H=2160
iSize W=3840

In Skyrim.ini

bAllowScreenshot=1 if it isn't already (use prt sc to screenshot)

Enblocal.ini

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

13 hours ago, CJPowell27 said:

In SkyrimPrefs.ini

iSize H=2160
iSize W=3840

In Skyrim.ini

bAllowScreenshot=1 if it isn't already (use prt sc to screenshot)

Enblocal.ini

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=true

Well, it works(?) but when I did it, my vram usage drop to less than 1GB outdoors. Pretty odd. Fps was obviously not the best sub 30fps outdoors and 40-100fps indoors(depending on location) It looks stunning nonetheless.

2016-02-21_00004.thumb.jpg.b4b43ded6ce10

On 2/21/2016 at 4:55 AM, Pohernori said:

Well, it works(?) but when I did it, my vram usage drop to less than 1GB outdoors. Pretty odd. Fps was obviously not the best sub 30fps outdoors and 40-100fps indoors(depending on location) It looks stunning nonetheless.

What mod is replacing your textures for the road? Tamriel reloaded?

3 minutes ago, CJPowell27 said:

What mod is replacing your textures for the road?

Forgot the specific one but its part of the Tamriel Reloaded series by 32cm http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/139369/?tb=mods&pUp=1