The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has been moderately active, at any point, with modding skyrim is probably familiar with with the mod author Laast.  Probably most well known for Pure waters, and the super light weight Purity weather mod (The one I use).  Lately he/she/they have been releasing some city texture overhauls, again in the similar vein of a balance between fidelity, aesthetic and performance as Laast's other mods.  I've been using 2 of the 3 released thus far and am quite pleased with them.  Check them out if you're interested in better performance within cities without having them look like arse again (if vrams an issue).

- What resolution are these textures?
Globaly they are twice the vanilla size. As usual in my mods, I try to find the best balance between great visual and no framerate loss. This mod doesn't go against that rule.

Authentic Riften by Laast

ACR01.jpg

Authentic Whiterun by Laast

ACW01.jpg

Authentic Solitude by Laast

ACS02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More Videos will come soon, this was some kind of test.

15 hours ago, LocoDiceGR said:

Looks nice, but that hitching and framerate needs some more loven.

16 hours ago, LocoDiceGR said:

A bit crap for a 4GB GPU.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

7 hours ago, LokiFire said:

A bit crap for a 4GB GPU.

did you see my cpu? its not only about gpu.

50 minutes ago, LocoDiceGR said:

did you see my cpu? its not only about gpu.

Needs an overclock ;)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

On 21/03/2016 at 8:06 PM, LocoDiceGR said:

"Snip"

Hmm console then -tm?

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

5 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

Hmm console then -tm?

what?

5 hours ago, LocoDiceGR said:

what?

When doing a vid or taking SS open the console by pressing the (~) button and and then type -tm and enter twice. Enter once to revert. It removes the UI so that the focus of the vid or pic would be the surroundings to make it more immersive and to move your audiences attention towards the environment or your PC/Char without having any other distractions. Makes for a cleaner shoot over all. I can see that you are using a matter of time mod and know that you can turn it on and off. But with -tm you can do a lot more with just typing that. No crosshairs, texts, or UI features like the compass, almost all are removable but it takes a lot of clicks but by just typing that single command into the console makes thing easier.

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

10 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

When doing a vid or taking SS open the console by pressing the (~) button and and then type -tm and enter twice. Enter once to revert. It removes the UI so that the focus of the vid or pic would be the surroundings to make it more immersive and to move your audiences attention towards the environment or your PC/Char without having any other distractions. Makes for a cleaner shoot over all. I can see that you are using a matter of time mod and know that you can turn it on and off. But with -tm you can do a lot more with just typing that. No crosshairs, texts, or UI features like the compass, almost all are removable but it takes a lot of clicks but by just typing that single command into the console makes thing easier.

Oh, thanks for that, i'll try it!

what difficulty are you playing on guys?
state the vanilla + any mod(s) that affects difficulty

37 minutes ago, EvilNeo said:

what difficulty are you playing on guys?
state the vanilla + any mod(s) that affects difficulty

Just Legendary and deadly dragons I guess?

6 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

Just Legendary and deadly dragons I guess?

yet fighting anything other than dragons is child's play
even when you power yourself a bit more you get to kill dragons with ease
i use deadly dragons + dragon combat overhaul +duel-combat realism + ultimate combat
the two dragons mods makes crazy stuff happens, i'm talking about fighting 3 dragons that each has a chance to call other 3 dragons to aid him before he dies,streak ended up with me slaying 9 dragons *_*

duel and ultimate combat makes fighting other stuff harder as they deal more damage now

all those mods made it almost impossible to play on legendary (unless you power yourself more,again) especially on dragon fights
so i think i go adapt vs dragons and expert~master vs other stuff

Legendary, use elemental dragons and have wyrebash taking care of level lists.

I probably should get something that removes the experience gained from smithing as that's where 50% of my experience comes from.  Then a big chuck comes from selling crap.  To me they seem to be the aspect that unbalances the game at levels 90+ for my setup.

An update to amorous adventures, has 2 more interludes

1. Spellbound - featuring - Brelyna, Nirya, Faralda
    Some spells are better left un-cast.
  2. A Key To Her Heart - featuring - Carlotta
    Locked hearts yearn for someone to open them.

evil-amorous-heart.png.1ccf1ffb4e7f23263

• 2 weeks later...

3DNPC Update 3.18.  It's been out for awhile, but I'm now starting to integrate it into my skyrim.  Probably the most heavily personally edited mod that I've got, so have been putting it on the back-burner and won't be done soon.  Any who, a lot of little reasons to update(tis more of a patch release), and one big one that adds a rare'ish chance for Zora to sing a little ditty.  Hopefully the VA will do a few more ^^

zora-by-corpsehatch_lo_res.jpg

http://3dnpc.com/2016/02/29/3dnpc-v3-18/

(Now I'm particularly happy that I used an overlapping Lisette replacer for Zora)

hXSpzlJ.jpg

Strange, I didn't get any notifications from the thread. I knew can't this quiet xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

8 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Strange, I didn't get any notifications from the thread. I knew can't this quiet xD

Since the update a lot of stuff got reset. Thats what happened to me I was like "why's the forum so quiet?" 

On 2016-04-01 at 8:14 PM, MoonSpot said:

An update to amorous adventures, has 2 more interludes

1. Spellbound - featuring - Brelyna, Nirya, Faralda
    Some spells are better left un-cast.
  2. A Key To Her Heart - featuring - Carlotta
    Locked hearts yearn for someone to open them.

evil-amorous-heart.png

Whoop!  Yet another update for this mod, now added more content with Serana with the 2.11 release.

Here's hoping my save makes it that far (very doubtful).  Also I think that the version on the nexus no longer going to mirror the quests available in the LL version.  Not abandoned, but unlikely to get the same attention.

With that in mind the potential for problems in switching between the gratuitous and carebear versions for the mod could be a thing going forward, where it wasn't before.

Yo guys just wondering if anyone had issues when there's too much shit on the screen? Last night I was dwelving into Helgen Reborn's questline and got to a part where, followers included, there were about 15 NPC's (Outside). Never had any crashes related to that do, so that's weird. Might it be because the game is loading assets I can't so, so the 156 mb VRAM/cell is overloaded?

Otherwise of course I play on legendary, lvl 66 theres no challenge otherwise (but deadly dragons, HO GOD)

10 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Whoop!  Yet another update for this mod, now added more content with Serana with the 2.11 release.

Here's hoping my save makes it that far (very doubtful).  Also I think that the version on the nexus no longer going to mirror the quests available in the LL version.  Not abandoned, but unlikely to get the same attention.

With that in mind the potential for problems in switching between the gratuitous and carebear versions for the mod could be a thing going forward, where it wasn't before.

Really odd that I don't get a notification if you post in this thread but if someone else does I get one.  o.O

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

10 hours ago, Flowey said:

Yo guys just wondering if anyone had issues when there's too much shit on the screen? Last night I was dwelving into Helgen Reborn's questline and got to a part where, followers included, there were about 15 NPC's (Outside). Never had any crashes related to that do, so that's weird. Might it be because the game is loading assets I can't so, so the 156 mb VRAM/cell is overloaded?

Otherwise of course I play on legendary, lvl 66 theres no challenge otherwise (but deadly dragons, HO GOD)

I had an issue with falskaar (A long time ago) that seems to be similar to that.  During a climax there was a lot of NPCs and "stuff" going on, didn't crash but damn well near did. managed to struggle through at a stuttering 10 FPS for a good while but once the troublesome cell was cleared things picked up.

Another time I had a dragon bug out while it was crashing into the dround, I was zooming in and slowing time to poop it one right in the kisser, but then something broke and it was 1fps city for 10mins.  Once I finally managed to turn 180 degrees (by going back and forth between the menu and game) and got the dragon on screen, I opened console, click-kill, and things snapped back to normal.  Think it a clipping error between coalition meshes that goes horribly wrong, but that's just what my inner voodoo dowsing rod feels.

Anyways if your rolling with enboost, 15 NPCs isn't particularly difficult to do.  I would hazard a guess that the number of NPCs aren't your problem in and of itself, but that something else is a larger contributing factor.  Once or twice during helgen reborn I had noticeable performance drops once or twice, but don't recall that mod crashing the game.

10 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Really odd that I don't get a notification if you post in this thread but if someone else does I get one.  o.O

Did you try unsubscribing from the thread and re-subbing?  I got the last few notifications, so...:shrugs:  Get Luke to blame Brandon for it I guess.

(It's probably because you have me set to ignore)

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

Did you try unsubscribing from the thread and re-subbing?  I got the last few notifications, so...:shrugs:  Get Luke to blame Brandon for it I guess.

(It's probably because you have me set to ignore)

I did get a notification for you quoting me but not for "someone commented on the thread". 

Wouldn't have been possible for me to set you on ignore since I still can see your post and received that notification.