The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Anyone have a recommendation for storage mods?  Been using and abusing convenient horses' absolute access and no weight limit for a while.  However I would like to get rid of CH because I want to ditch the script load (sick of seeing it's spam in the logs).

Don't ride horses anymore, except blaze... cause he's effing awesome, and don't feel any particular need to prove anything by being anal with inventory management anymore after losing half a dozen saves.  Anything that has a hotkey to access massive safe storage from anywhere at any time without whipping out a spell or whatnot would be ideal.

Sadly I don't have any recommendations. But I'll confess something, I just keep everything on myself :B 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Sadly I don't have any recommendations. But I'll confess something, I just keep everything on myself :B 

I want to avoid using setcarrywieght, don't want the lag/bloat when accessing the PC's inventory.  Also don't want to have things mysteriously vanish like with general stores and unique items either.  For now I'm using Recorder's summonable storage, but it just doesn't compare to the ease and simplicity of CH's hotkey and done simple cloud storage.  Oh well.

On a brighter note.  Amorous Adventures has been updated and now includes morthal ^^

And an older retexture that I've been using for a long time.

Dawnguard Vampire Armors Retexture

28014-2-1355032652.jpg

28014-3-1355032653.jpg28014-1-1355032652.jpg

Been brought up before, but since I recently rebuilt a good chunk of my skyrim I just felt like bringing it up again.

DynDoLOD with high LOD gens, high textures, on an ancient and under powered GTX 130m. 

This Mod has completely changed my game.  I can see tents, campfires, structures, buildings and all manner of things at huge distances without needing to muck about with ugrids, or consult with the map for directions.   Been finding all sorts of little things all over the place since I can see them now in the distance.

Screenshots taken near northwind summit (just south of the ridge).  up scaled to 1080 from 720 in hopes that it'll offend others less; can't do anything about the shadows and general absence of trees and grass, it's my limited PC after all.

I can see riften from here.... and a dragon mound, some forts, bandit camp tents, roads, a windmill, an ancient nordic ruin...

FGwo1Qz.jpg

and then in the south westerly direction we have sarethi farm and Invarstead, a bridge, paths and a fort.

vRabJmW.jpg

Hello things on mountains, nice to see you ^^

u0HaP3V.jpg

I might be crazy, but I swear that my performance has improved, or is more stabilized.  my average fps is lower but far more consistent now.

Next week, Sheson and other skyrim modders to cure cancer and turn wood to gold.

Been brought up before, but since I recently rebuilt a good chunk of my skyrim I just felt like bringing it up again.

DynDoLOD with high LOD gens, high textures, on an ancient and under powered GTX 130m. 

This Mod has completely changed my game.  I can see tents, campfires, structures, buildings and all manner of things at huge distances without needing to muck about with ugrids, or consult with the map for directions.   Been finding all sorts of little things all over the place since I can see them now in the distance.

Screenshots taken near northwind summit (just south of the ridge).  up scaled to 1080 from 720 in hopes that it'll offend others less; can't so anything about the shadows and general absence of trees and grass, it's my limitted PC after all.

I can see riften from here.... and a dragon mound, some forts, bandit camp tents, roads, a windmill, an ancient nordic ruin...

FGwo1Qz.jpg

and then in the south westerly direction we have sarethi farm and Invarstead,

vRabJmW.jpg

Hello things on mountains, nice to see you ^^

u0HaP3V.jpg

I might be crazy, but I swear that my performance has improved, or is more stabilized.  my average fps is lower but far more consistent now.

Next week, Sheson and other skyrim modders to cure cancer and turn wood to gold.

You have to sacrifice your first born though  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Feel free to recommend or point out any mods that you enjoy which you feel add to your experience and I'll do the same.  Deal?

I like the charakters in Skyrim as they are. Could you stop turning them to cheap, way too modern sluts? It is a game that is basically made for killing things, not turning it into a horror brothel...

And to whom are you talking to?

When looking at the posts, I am talking to like almost everyone on this thread.

lol 

Dynamic Follower Dialogue - Female Sultry Follower Voice Fix

as the video says, it only demonstrates a small fraction of the audio added.

This is an awesome addition.  Really helps to alleviate the annoyance from repeated limited dialogue from vanilla voiced followers.  Most already have follower commentary overhaul, and this is more of the same sort of thing that works along with FCO.  However DFD adds new voiced lines that have been made available from other mods over the years beyond the cutting room floor.

Additionally it fixes the "sultry" voice where vanilla mixed up voice files and had NPCs with sultry voice accessing another voice actors recordings for half it's follower replies.

Go get it.  It makes for more better and love you long time.

Dynamic Follower Dialogue - Female Sultry Follower Voice Fix

as the video says, it only demonstrates a small fraction of the audio added.

This is an awesome addition.  Really helps to alleviate the annoyance from repeated limited dialogue from vanilla voiced followers.  Most already have follower commentary overhaul, and this is more of the same sort of thing that works along with FCO.  However DFD adds new voiced lines that have been made available from other mods over the years beyond the cutting room floor.

Additionally it fixes the "sultry" voice where vanilla mixed up voice files and had NPCs with sultry voice accessing another voice actors recordings for half it's follower replies.

Go get it.  It makes for more better and love you long time.

The voice acting sound the same too... Where they using the same actors? 0_0

The voice acting sound the same too... Where they using the same actors? 0_0

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer from what I've gleamed is they've taken some lines from other mods like Amorous Adventures, some from the cuttingroom floor, others spliced together on their own and probably a dozen other mods/sources.  Though I'm not particularly familiar with the efforts the author had to undertake for this to be honest.  That said, been using it for about a week now, and it's good.  If you got and like FCO add this too.

Because it's awesome and made my day ^_^

I know you posted this a while ago, but it's incredible.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

Anyone have a recommendation for storage mods?  Been using and abusing convenient horses' absolute access and no weight limit for a while.  However I would like to get rid of CH because I want to ditch the script load (sick of seeing it's spam in the logs).

Don't ride horses anymore, except blaze... cause he's effing awesome, and don't feel any particular need to prove anything by being anal with inventory management anymore after losing half a dozen saves.  Anything that has a hotkey to access massive safe storage from anywhere at any time without whipping out a spell or whatnot would be ideal.

I like this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61752/?

It's pretty flexible so it can be as lore friendly or unfriendly as you want it to be. Sometimes I just don't want to buy houses but building a shelter, or a basement (which I like because it lives only a trap door so not many pathfinding issues and looks ok even inside towns and such) and gives you a place to rest, cook, craft and store shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I know you posted this a while ago, but it's incredible.

Shia LaBeouf and MXR did great work, glad you enjoy it as I do :D

I like this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61752/?

It's pretty flexible so it can be as lore friendly or unfriendly as you want it to be. Sometimes I just don't want to buy houses but building a shelter, or a basement (which I like because it lives only a trap door so not many pathfinding issues and looks ok even inside towns and such) and gives you a place to rest, cook, craft and store shit.

Hmm.. off the cuff that seems like an odd recommendation, but I never tried that mod despite knowing about it and seeing all the reviewers make mention of it either.  Gonna read the mod page now, hope I don't have to build a home/basement every time I want to store loot when that damn klepto Dragonborn can't bring themselves to just drop the god damn dwemer heavy armor.

Okay, I have a small yet annoying problem.

When I go to make my character, I think "Oh, a stealth archer would be really cool to make" but then after I make it and have to go kill the dragon, I get shit on because all I'm using is a bow with light armor.

So almost all of my character are one-handed or two-handed nords because I feel like they don't have a hard time with really anything.

Can someone help me with this? How are you supposed to kill a dragon with a stealth archer?

How do you build it? 1 Health, 1 Stamina?

Okay, I have a small yet annoying problem.

When I go to make my character, I think "Oh, a stealth archer would be really cool to make" but then after I make it and have to go kill the dragon, I get shit on because all I'm using is a bow with light armor.

So almost all of my character are one-handed or two-handed nords because I feel like they don't have a hard time with really anything.

Can someone help me with this? How are you supposed to kill a dragon with a stealth archer?

How do you build it? 1 Health, 1 Stamina?

I usually play as an archer/spellsword, and the only time I;ve had a hard time of it was for my current play.  I was avoiding tempering gear at the forge trying to speed up gameplay.  Ended up making things damn near impossible for me and had to drop the idea around level 20.  Other than forging and enchanting, followers help to provide hostiles with another target to focus on and shamelessly running for your life works too.  On legendary difficulty taking on the first dragon at lvl5-8 with crap gear was not the smartest thing I've ever opted for in skyrim either.  Hooray for Sofia, the savior of whiterun!

2:1 health:Stamina is probably not a bad idea for the first little while, then focus more heavily on HP as time progresses.   Once I get stamina regen gear I find it's a lot easier to manage with lower'ish stamina then not having the hitpoints.

I usually play as an archer/spellsword, and the only time I;ve had a hard time of it was for my current play.  I was avoiding tempering gear at the forge trying to speed up gameplay.  Ended up making things damn near impossible for me and had to drop the idea around level 20.  Other than forging and enchanting, followers help to provide hostiles with another target to focus on and shamelessly running for your life works too.  On legendary difficulty taking on the first dragon at lvl5-8 with crap gear was not the smartest thing I've ever opted for in skyrim either.  Hooray for Sofia, the savior of whiterun!

2:1 health:Stamina is probably not a bad idea for the first little while, then focus more heavily on HP as time progresses.   Once I get stamina regen gear I find it's a lot easier to manage with lower'ish stamina then not having the hitpoints.

But how do I go about killing dragons at lower levels, or even higher levels. With a stealth archer, it's easy to kill people and creatures, but when it comes down to it, dragons are by far the most annoying.

But how do I go about killing dragons at lower levels, or even higher levels. With a stealth archer, it's easy to kill people and creatures, but when it comes down to it, dragons are by far the most annoying.

From a distance, preferably from behind and if you got some poison potionss using them for the opening volley of sneak attack arrows can help.  If you don't upgrade gear by tempering it at the forge and enchanting them, or bring a follower or 2, you can always tgm I guess. 

I imagine it's quite a different play style from being in heavy armor standing right in front of a dragons head.  A lot of times I'll summon an atronach for dragons to focus on while I withdrawal to a more archer friendly distance.

To be honest my first time ever facing a dragon in skyrim I was a sword and shield warrior; and after the dragon eat me up and ripped me in half I restarted the game with a different character and never got that close to dragons again, intentionally anyways.

Ohhhhh yesss, now this is what I'm waiting for :D

You and everyone else looking at how fast it's taken off.  Less then 24hours and its one of the top files of the month.  Haven't seen a mod move that fast in a while.

@Pohernori

You tried FNIS 6 Beta yet?  Giving it a go tomorrow.  Dynamic animations, particularly idles IMO, is going to orsome.  First I have to figure out why my NPCs all of a sudden started doing that ridiculous twirl from sexy move and rip it out the offending mod from my data folder.  I really hate that animation....anyways, hell of an awesome week and month for mods ^^