The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

15 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

I had an issue with falskaar (A long time ago) that seems to be similar to that.  During a climax there was a lot of NPCs and "stuff" going on, didn't crash but damn well near did. managed to struggle through at a stuttering 10 FPS for a good while but once the troublesome cell was cleared things picked up.

Another time I had a dragon bug out while it was crashing into the dround, I was zooming in and slowing time to poop it one right in the kisser, but then something broke and it was 1fps city for 10mins.  Once I finally managed to turn 180 degrees (by going back and forth between the menu and game) and got the dragon on screen, I opened console, click-kill, and things snapped back to normal.  Think it a clipping error between coalition meshes that goes horribly wrong, but that's just what my inner voodoo dowsing rod feels.

Anyways if your rolling with enboost, 15 NPCs isn't particularly difficult to do.  I would hazard a guess that the number of NPCs aren't your problem in and of itself, but that something else is a larger contributing factor.  Once or twice during helgen reborn I had noticeable performance drops once or twice, but don't recall that mod crashing the game.

i guess that might just me my save. As mentioned, she's level 67 now. I can say I easily doubled the number of mods I have installed at the beginning of my playghrought do, so that might just be consequences of that.

If I ever do another playthrought after I'm done with all the quest mods, I've heard that Legacy of the Dragonborn is worth an entire playthrought in itself? Can anyone confirm? Feel like adding it now would be like asking my current issues to fuck my shit up even more, plus it has to be installed manually, so that's that.

Just to give you an hint of how messed up my game is, I had to install safety load just to play the game, had issues with healrate, magickarate,staminarate and combathealthregenmult that were over 200 hundred each (basically you can't die but from falling), had shittons of issues with windhelm and dawnstar CTDing, now I don't get any music whatsoever, do I think that's an issue with wheels of lull. But god were wheels of lull, helgen reborn and forgotten city worth it!

So yeah, if I'm still playing the game one could say that this game better be pretty fking good, right?

On 4/15/2016 at 1:09 PM, Flowey said:

i guess that might just me my save. As mentioned, she's level 67 now. I can say I easily doubled the number of mods I have installed at the beginning of my playghrought do, so that might just be consequences of that.

If I ever do another playthrought after I'm done with all the quest mods, I've heard that Legacy of the Dragonborn is worth an entire playthrought in itself? Can anyone confirm? Feel like adding it now would be like asking my current issues to fuck my shit up even more, plus it has to be installed manually, so that's that.

Just to give you an hint of how messed up my game is, I had to install safety load just to play the game, had issues with healrate, magickarate,staminarate and combathealthregenmult that were over 200 hundred each (basically you can't die but from falling), had shittons of issues with windhelm and dawnstar CTDing, now I don't get any music whatsoever, do I think that's an issue with wheels of lull. But god were wheels of lull, helgen reborn and forgotten city worth it!

So yeah, if I'm still playing the game one could say that this game better be pretty fking good, right?

I stay away from complete combat overhauls after my experience with T3nd0s (I think).  It was fine and all, but the issue was it didn't remove cleanly and was incompatible with The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and potentially other quests that relied on vanilla spells.  I think that MannyGT patched that (was a clairvoyance spell issue and probably more), but I just don't want to limit compatibility like that again.  Much rather tweak combat here and there a bit at a time with things that don't change too much all at once.

When you eventually completely crash your playthrough and decide to to a fresh install of skyrim and mods be sure to play around with Tes5Edit on it first to get an even better feel for things you can do with it.  I'm sure your experience will make modded skyrim an even better gaming experience the next time around, so there's that to look forward to :) (It's what happens to almost all of us anyways :P )

:edit:

Here's a pretty good read to get a better feel for how some things work when modding skyrim and their impact on your saves.

https://themodgal.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/clean-saving-what-it-does-and-when-you-should-or-shouldnt-do-it/

On 4/16/2016 at 8:06 PM, MoonSpot said:

I stay away from complete combat overhauls after my experience with T3nd0s (I think).  It was fine and all, but the issue was it didn't remove cleanly and was incompatible with The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and potentially other quests that relied on vanilla spells.  I think that MannyGT patched that (was a clairvoyance spell issue and probably more), but I just don't want to limit compatibility like that again.  Much rather tweak combat here and there a bit at a time with thinks that don't change too much all at once.

When you eventually completely crash your playthrough and decide to to a fresh install of skyrim and mods be sure to play around with Tes5Edit on it first to get an even better feel for things you can do with it.  I'm sure your experience will make modded skyrim an even better gaming experience the next time around, so there's that to look forward to :) (It's what happens to almost all of us anyways :P )

Here's a pretty good read to get a better feel for how some things work when modding skyrim and their impact on your saves.

https://themodgal.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/clean-saving-what-it-does-and-when-you-should-or-shouldnt-do-it/

I have had plenty of success with both using multiple overhauls of various aspects as well as standalone overhauls.

Playing the game with a bunch of mods like Immersive Creatures, Deadly Combat, Deadly Dragons, etc installed is quite interesting. It can be pretty hectic when you are fighting a bunch of Draugr that are all shouting at you, or when you face a dragon that is able to shout forth jets of fire from the ground.

I've been playing Requiem lately though. From what I've played (about 10-15 hours so far), I really like it. It starts out pretty difficult, but once you start leveling up, it's not so bad. It overhauls pretty much everything though, so you really have to be careful what you install.

I just think staying away from all overhauls just because of a bad experience with one is sort of shooting yourself in the foot with a game like Skyrim.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎16 at 8:06 PM, MoonSpot said:

I stay away from complete combat overhauls after my experience with T3nd0s (I think).  It was fine and all, but the issue was it didn't remove cleanly and was incompatible with The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and potentially other quests that relied on vanilla spells.  I think that MannyGT patched that (was a clairvoyance spell issue and probably more), but I just don't want to limit compatibility like that again.  Much rather tweak combat here and there a bit at a time with thinks that don't change too much all at once.

Thx man, at work now but will read that for sure.

11 hours ago, Kevin_Walter said:

I have had plenty of success with both using multiple overhauls of various aspects as well as standalone overhauls.

Playing the game with a bunch of mods like Immersive Creatures, Deadly Combat, Deadly Dragons, etc installed is quite interesting. It can be pretty hectic when you are fighting a bunch of Draugr that are all shouting at you, or when you face a dragon that is able to shout forth jets of fire from the ground.

I've been playing Requiem lately though. From what I've played (about 10-15 hours so far), I really like it. It starts out pretty difficult, but once you start leveling up, it's not so bad. It overhauls pretty much everything though, so you really have to be careful what you install.

I just think staying away from all overhauls just because of a bad experience with one is sort of shooting yourself in the foot with a game like Skyrim.

I'm sure I'll try another one at some point when I feel like combat is lacking, for now though I enjoy it with the tweaks I currently have in place.  I think its safe to say that it depends on what each person wants outta skyrim though.  I for one would be ecstatic if I can manage to complete the story, dlcs and quest mod I have installed just 1 more time.

Quite content to take in the vistas trekking from 1 story element to the next, and the fighting just makes sure that I don't get too sucked into staring at the leaves and cliffs.

With elemental dragons it's not like the game is a cake walk for me on legendary, and they bring on their own fantastical light shows when fighting.  And "Hateful Wenches" has transformed dungeon crawling into quite a challenge.  Might have to actually start bring legitimate followers instead coercing random lvl 4-6 citizen NPC to follow and carry my stuff, gotten hard to keep them alive.

On 4/18/2016 at 10:42 PM, MoonSpot said:

I'm sure I'll try another one at some point when I feel like combat is lacking, for now though I enjoy it with the tweaks I currently have in place.  I think its safe to say that it depends on what each person wants outta skyrim though.  I for one would be ecstatic if I can manage to complete the story, dlcs and quest mod I have installed just 1 more time.

Quite content to take in the vistas trekking from 1 story element to the next, and the fighting just makes sure that I don't get too sucked into staring at the leaves and cliffs.

With elemental dragons it's not like the game is a cake walk for me on legendary, and they bring on their own fantastical light shows when fighting.  And "Hateful Wenches" has transformed dungeon crawling into quite a challenge.  Might have to actually start bring legitimate followers instead coercing random lvl 4-6 citizen NPC to follow and carry my stuff, gotten hard to keep them alive.

hateful wenches hahaha thought that mod was basically a joke, seems it really brings something to the tables does it?

Haha "Angry dead" people is an understatement in that vid.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Sacremas, on 23 Apr 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

With the specific NPCs updated, I'm thinking rxkx22 may be playing Amorous himself now. So expect Faralda and Nirya as well in the future.

Ingun Black-Briar;

71054-2-1461388045.jpg

And her mom;

71054-3-1461388045.jpg

Gerdur;

71054-6-1461388044.jpg

Adrianne

71054-0-1461388045.jpg

and Igrod the Younger;

71054-1-1461388045.jpg

It's a Bijin world, we're just fornicating in it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71054/?

Giggity.  That's a fairly huge update, more or less doubled the number of NPCs from the initial release.  Rxkx22 is just grinding away at light speed.

That Igrod though.....Damn.

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

10 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

That Igrod though.....Damn.

I'm quite conflicted on her.  The DragonBorn has grown rather fond of the one in "ordinary women".

70547-11-1447586942.jpg

I'm gonna have to find another brunet nord before I pick which replacer I ultimately use for Idgord in order to preserve both appearances... I'm thinking 3DNPCs Raven haired bard Asteria is fitting, but haven't decided.  #soulsearching 

@MoonSpot

Not sure mate. Might be the hair and the eyes. Just adds more flair.

Though all of them kinda look like Italians in my eyes for some reason. Except for Gerdur which looks kinda European/German

Probably not news to most of those checking this thread but probably still a good idea to make mention of it here regardless.  

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrupt-saves-strcount-0xffff-ctd-on-load/

Kind of something I've run into myself, a few times, but I didn't dig any deeper into my issues beyond uninstalling script heavy mods and using SaveGameClearner to force-ably remove their scripts from my save in an effort to salvage progress (convent horses & beeing female in my case).

Really only the kind of thing a heavily modded game will run into, particularly if you like trying out a lot of complex home mods with custom scripts and a dozen or so quests can relatively quickly stack up....and sex mods can cake it on pretty thick too, but those mods are necessities so no point having a gripe with that ;)

Anywho just another piece of the puzzle to juggle and be aware of, and may be a reason to start jumping into the SaveGameCleaners advance tab whenever you're uninstalling a script mod and consider removing the scripts by force.

That's why I always use that cleaner after uninstalling script heavy mods. When mods go they always tend to leave orphans behind which when not checked can cause problems in the long run.  Nip it early or else!

On a side note:

On 02/05/2016 at 0:10 PM, MoonSpot said:

Probably not news to most of those checking this thread but probably still a good idea to make mention of it here regardless.  

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrupt-saves-strcount-0xffff-ctd-on-load/

Kind of something I've run into myself, a few times, but I didn't dig any deeper into my issues beyond uninstalling script heavy mods and using SaveGameClearner to force-ably remove their scripts from my save in an effort to salvage progress (convent horses & beeing female in my case).

Really only the kind of thing a heavily modded game will run into, particularly if you like trying out a lot of complex home mods with custom scripts and a dozen or so quests can relatively quickly stack up....and sex mods can cake it on pretty thick too, but those mods are necessities so no point having a gripe with that ;)

Anywho just another piece of the puzzle to juggle and be aware of, and may be a reason to start jumping into the SaveGameCleaners advance tab whenever you're uninstalling a script mod and consider removing the scripts by force.

"Slow Claps while in tears" 

You guys see the balls on this bastard? Got an address buddy? I'll send you a cookie. Wait no....make that a box, a really big box.

Oh baby!  Revamped Assets Skyrim by jiffy a nice consolidation of odds and sods to help make your quest to have skyrim, be all look'n sexy and stuff again, a bit easier.

One for the lore friendly folks out there, and everyone else too.  Comes in high 2k, and ultra 4k for @Pohernori

75380-4-1462175839.jpg

75380-8-1462175836.jpg

75380-0-1462175684.jpg

75380-4-1462176256.jpg

Going to try it out now, placing it quite early in my order so I can keep my big titeeh statue mods in case the fomod isn't super specific.

:edit: early in load order or not, didn't play well with the statue meshes and textures I already had and want to keep.  So not gonna use the FOMOD for that part anyways.

9 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

That's why I always use that cleaner after uninstalling script heavy mods. When mods go they always tend to leave orphans behind which when not checked can cause problems in the long run.  Nip it early or else!

On a side note:

"Slow Claps while in tears" 

You guys see the balls on this bastard? Got an address buddy? I'll send you a cookie. Wait no....make that a box, a really big box.

Well, it's not just about using a script cleaner.  Actually in not really about scripts, but string count.  That said it's pretty hard for a mod user to not see, and experience, a correlation.

As shown in the link, the cleaner doesn't kill it all.

Impact Of Mod Uninstallation: 

Vanilla setup from above. strCount = 28,619. 

Install interesting NPCs. strCount = 32,090. 

Deactivate Interesting NPCs esp. strCount = 32,090.

Deactivate Interesting NPCs mod entirely (ie. remove scripts). strCount = 29,471. 

Run the save through the save game script cleaner. Fix script instances and Delete all #. strCount = 29,471. 

One habit I started getting into with skyrim over the last few months is when I'm finish playing, I open saveGameCleaner and check the last save.  If it opens, I'm good.  If the app crashes, I'm not so good, and probably lost most of the progress for that session.  Probably doesn't make a difference, but I also take a peak at orphans while it's open too and act accordingly.

P.S.  Am I nuts or does using more than one set of [tags] fuck up a post every time?

Well, wow... Bad news.  Wyrmstooth is gone.  Keep your backups people, I think I might be SOL on this one myself :( .  Never installed it yet, but I swear I downloaded it. *starts searching through ever older and older archives*

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/4hmdz3/what_is_going_on_with_wyrmstooth_and_its_author/

:edit:Well shoot.  I no has....but the internet does have a copy of wyrmstooth v1.16(latest release).  Just saying.

3 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Well, wow... Bad news.  Wyrmstooth is gone.  Keep your backups people, I think I might be SOL on this one myself :( .  Never installed it yet, but I swear I downloaded it. *starts searching through ever older and older archives*

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/4hmdz3/what_is_going_on_with_wyrmstooth_and_its_author/

:edit:Well shoot.  I no has....but the internet does have a copy of wyrmstooth v1.16(latest release).  Just saying.

Now that is why I download mods even if I wouldn't use them. 

Something fishy must be going on if the mod author wants to be completely disappear. o.O

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

7 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Now that is why I download mods even if I wouldn't use them. 

Something fishy must be going on if the mod author wants to be completely disappear. o.O

Every time I try that, I end up forgetting what compatibility issues there are/where.  Or it they need to be on a new game or not.  Gets ugly.

Now If we could attach some notes off the nexus mod page in text format, or a snapshot of the HTML source page, to downloaded mods in MO then I'd just back up nexusmods/skrim and call it a day.  Otherwise I'd be hoping that there's a good readme included...or more likely that I'd read it before using.

Anyways.  Despite it being out for awhile, I only just came across Sheson's video that he made to more effectively illustrate how awesome DynDoLOD is.

WARNING:  Hardcore skyrimP0rn. 

Indeed its a crime to not be using this mod. 

11 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Every time I try that, I end up forgetting what compatibility issues there are/where.  Or it they need to be on a new game or not.  Gets ugly.

Now If we could attach some notes off the nexus mod page in text format, or a snapshot of the HTML source page, to downloaded mods in MO then I'd just back up nexusmods/skrim and call it a day.  Otherwise I'd be hoping that there's a good readme included...or more likely that I'd read it before using.

Anyways.  Despite it being out for awhile, I only just came across Sheson's video that he made to more effectively illustrate how awesome DynDoLOD is.

WARNING:  Hardcore skyrimP0rn. 

Indeed its a crime to not be using this mod. 

When playing with the render distance I play with god would this mod be great for screenshot

This game or oblivion, I just started oblivion and i broke it by killing the assassin that is suppose to kill the empor , I used the console and now my guy is stuck and can't move xD

WOW!  Holy shit this is crazy!

I actually made it to Solstheim!  I... act..tually... FINALLY... managed a second game that got to solstheim before the save file goes to pot! 

mR8KEcd.jpg

I can hardly believe it, can't even remember how many characters I've lost to the void before getting to this point again.  I can't help but always save starting solstheim till very near the end of everything when playing TESV, just doesn't RP right for me otherwise.

Ahem...That said, this island looks pretty damned awful and performance is sucking some huge ass to boot (remarkably Riften and Morthal swamps are smoother).  Though I've only trotted a bit around Ravenrock and tried, to no avail, to use clear skies shout a few times before deciding that shit needs fixing.  Could use some mod suggestions as this is fairly virgin territory for me.  The only mods I got that I know hit/affect the island are:

Skaal you need - house and follower

DynDoLOD

Purity

aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape

Solstheim - The Lost Levels  (downloading now)

That's it.  Anyone got some gems they'd recommend?

Call out to anyone whom has interest and the ability.  Seems Laast is working on some improvements to Purity and is in need of assistance creating an MCM for it.

I'M LOOKING FOR A MODDER WHO CAN HELP ME TO INTRODUCE MCM FEATURES IN PURITY 2.0. IF YOU WANT TO HELP, PLEASE LEAVE ME A PM :)

source

Just noticed that it has 11.6k endorsements, that's a hell of a lot more than I remember and thought it was going to reach tbh.