The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

20 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Most of the more stellar mods sure, but there's plenty of texture and mesh based mods that are quite popular and those are relatively straight forward to port: just unpack bsa files if you used them and that's it.

But well armors and such might not be what you're looking for understandeable.

nah not concerned about those, i'll port those myself (If I ever need to) since they're already custom. Mods that utilise skse are what I am more concerned with. 

But that is if I ever download sse.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Does it already have an ENB? 

What?  No, no; Goodness no.  At least, I don't think so.  The images were primarily from original skyrim modded.  Post was entirely about excitement and for pointing out the first PC stream of SSE I knew of.  Was before official release and was fairly informative, if I do say so myself.

Cv4pnV0WEAAq-Qm.jpg

@Slick We need a LTT review!  Get on the next plane out to Sydney!

(Will only be considered a credible review if you steal the sweet roll)

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73459#p73459

I have bad news. Game is very similar to Fallout 4, this means i need to patch each shader manually (and game have 8000+) for every changes of per object data. The mod can't be similar to original Skyrim ENB by amount of features, it's too much hand work which is done automatically with shader recompiler in old versions (i'm using algorithms for detecting similarity in code and adaptively modify).

Can't say for sure, this depends from popularity of this version for users, i'm pessimistic now about modding future of it. In general, same features as current Fallout 4 version have now. Maybe arameters for fire and particles. Better forget about subsurface scattering, it's under big doubt (btw, game have some buggy character lighting which changes by angle of camera). Uncertain about IBL, detailed shadows, clouds shadows - there rather not than yes.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On 28.10.2016. at 4:59 PM, Pohernori said:

Does it already have an ENB? 

Don't quote me on this but think i heard MXR state that enb is not yet compatible in his reacent videowith the remaster

EDIT:OK ignore please didn't know it's awnserd alrady for some reason it didn't load the rest of the topic.

Edited by Lostlogger

Any of you guys experiencing dips in fps on the SE? I tried it. DDU'ed and latest drivers. Nope.

AB overlay states 2nd GPU  is only at 4% while SLI is on. Getting 75-89 then dipping to 10-12FPS. Did a quick search and it seems I'm not alone.

On 29/10/2016 at 9:27 PM, MoonSpot said:

"Stole Snipped that sweet roll"

@Slick We need a LTT review!  Get on the next plane out to Sydney!

(Will only be considered a credible review if you steal the sweet roll)

Damn looks like I missed out lol.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Hello,

I have a PC I got from best buy, I wont to know if it would be able to run skyrim on "good enough" setting that it would be fun to play.

my computer specs are as fallows

Acer Aspire X
AX3-100-EF10
running windows 8
AMD quad-core A10-5700 APU with Radeon tm HD7660D graphics (built in card)
1TB hard drive
12GB DDR3 Memory
and a dvd "super drive, a card Reader and wireless LAN and bluetooth.
Thank you in advance :)   

Could I just mod the original game and end up having the same or similar experience? 

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Steam Beta

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Update

Fixes

• General performance and optimization improvements

• Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations

• Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active

• Updated some sound files to not use compression

@Mr noob Which version are you talking about?  I suspect that you can run both, though the original one would probably run quite a bit better.  However your tolerance for what makes a "good enough" experience is a fairly subjective and arbitrary measuring stick for others to use.

@UndueHatred Yes, currently you can.  However modding it to that point isn't a single click button affair, and there are fundamental differences in capabilities(32bit DX9 Vs 64bit DX11) where the delta is only going to become more and more apparent as time passes.  Since the community is moving over to the new release its going to get harder to get help with support for the older versions mods and tools for it.  If you can, jump into the new version and move along with the community rather than being stuck behind it.

Meh, it cost me $3.99 or something for the original. Not paying again for a game I really and truly didn't like. I was just wondering, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 1:50 AM, UndueHatred said:

Meh, it cost me $3.99 or something for the original. Not paying again for a game I really and truly didn't like. I was just wondering, thanks.

If you have all the DLC + base game then the Special Edition will be free to download for you. Providing it was all bought before the special edition came out.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

So, never played Skyrim. Should I go with the original with all the DLC on sale, or spend a bit more for the special edition? 

Needs to be put on my Intel Atom system so as to put it on my desktop at home(which gets tethered to my phone's 5 GB plan for Internet, so Drm check yes, download, no). As the windows installation on the tablet is 32 bit only, and special edition is 64 bit, I wonder if the special edition will even download successfully.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

• 3 weeks later...

/me uses necro powers to awaken thread.

Just for shits and giggles.  Looks like whatever horrible disease that infected the horses in Skyrim has also jumped the Witcher's Gwent beta(even more so than TW3).

AUFKKDb.png

Ayyye :D

22 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

And good sex mods 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

I think I've pretty much given up modding Skyrim beyond a few texture packs for characters/NPCs. I install the mods right but it just doesn't end up looking any different, truly, when it comes to the environment. Maybe a 280 really just can't do much with its 3gb of vRAM. :(

Here's what I got it to look like this, if y'all are interested:

Spoiler

HiIxD7x.jpg

ZtjoHGs.jpg

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

I think I've pretty much given up modding Skyrim beyond a few texture packs for characters/NPCs. I install the mods right but it just doesn't end up looking any different, truly, when it comes to the environment. Maybe a 280 really just can't do much with its 3gb of vRAM. :(

Here's what I got it to look like this, if y'all are interested:

Reveal hidden contents

HiIxD7x.jpg

ZtjoHGs.jpg

So you've tried many texture packs and it all looks the same?

3 hours ago, Pohernori said:

So you've tried many texture packs and it all looks the same?

Yea, or the difference is very minimal and not worth the effort to get them to even work.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

3 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Yea, or the difference is very minimal and not worth the effort to get them to even work.

Yea texture packs make the most difference only up close. Though it is quite simple to install. How did yours not "work"?

8 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Effort?  Are you not using a mod organizer?  Textures are the easiest thing out there to try.  I say DynDOLod makes a huge difference, but does mean having to re-run the LOD gen tool for new environment(mountains, trees, maybe roads) and building textures. 

The older versions of DynDOLod had some baked in LOD textures that you have to do extra steps to mitigate/replace.  Not entirely sure about the latest version though.

@Pohernori

@MoonSpot

I have never had problems installing texture mods before on other TES games but using Nexus Mod Manager to install a variety of them in Skyrim just doesn't work out for me (as in game the difference isn't there/applied or not what it was supposed to be). I've tried saying "yes", "no" etc but the results are disappointing.

@Albatross (Sorry going to ask something basic)

Your folder path(s) are setup correctly?

Is SMIM higher up in the load order?

Sweet merciful black baby jesus!  Why are you using are you using NMM?!

3 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

@Albatross (Sorry going to ask something basic)

Your folder path(s) are setup correctly?

Is SMIM higher up in the load order?

Sweet merciful black baby jesus!  Why are you using are you using NMM?!

Folder paths? As for load order, I use LOOT and let it handle it. That's what I was told to do, anyhow...as for NMM it is convenient and takes care of the steps I'm unsure of/can't do? I wasn't even aware there were other viable options. :$