The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Pretty huge collection of quest mods merged, all the same mod author(s) naturally.  What is particularly neat is there is a fair amount of cross referencing characters and events(to a degree) between the mods, so it's feel a bit more like a connected world.  Take a look at the ensemble, the mod author(Ahondara), and the individual works see if it tickles your pickle. 

Tonnes of custom voiced dialogue, several locations, a bunch of quests, loads of new spells, lots of content, and just 1 esp to rule them all.

Qaxe's Questorium (Etcetera) by Qaxe Qaixaci

TRIED AND TESTED: The mods in this collection have been available for download here on NexusMods for several years.
You may opt to download and try them individually if you prefer. Here's the line-up:

Icicle Valley  (Many quests, world-spaces, combat, spell, followers, custom voiced npcs, you name it, we got it.)
Ol Arrow Knee   (Several quests, world-spaces, combat, spells, followers, custom voiced npcs. Big.)
Mt Peril  (Quest mod & player fortress.)
Clearspire  (Quest and player-homes mod with a large dwemer ruin containing unique enemies.)
Riften Gatehouse  (Tiny player-home above northern Riften Gate, previously merged into Icicle Valley)
Red Road  (Quests and world-space, connected to Icicle Valley quests)
Sentinels  (Quests and followers connected to Icicle Valley quests)
Whitewater Falls  (Player-home for sale from voiced carpenter)
Windcaller Tower  (Adds player-home to tower behind High Hrothgar.)
Winterhold Rebuild   (Quest & Merchants. My most popular mod. Replaces ruined houses in W.H. with businesses)

75451-15-1462475340.jpg

75451-0-1462475199.jpg

75451-0-1462484865.jpg

I'm looking forward to jumping in, just have to wait for 4+hrs while DynDOLOD is rebuilding the world to account for all the new stuff added.  This'll be my first crack at any of these mods so I'm looking forward to it :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Mod author cloudedtruth, creator of Dynamic Follower Dialogue (DFD) and of Minerva - Custom High Elf Voiced Follower (in concert with rxkx22) was working on a huge update to DFD, which is now slated to be released soon as a new mod instead.  Relationship Dialogue Overhaul (RDO) will instead replace DFD and Follower commentary overhaul (FCO), as well as add several new features like the ability to recruit several unique NPCs that aren't recruit-able through follower overhauls.

Though not yet released, it is one to watch out for and grab.

After using DFD for a while and being immensely happy with it and its impact on interactions with NPCs, I'm quite excited to see what this new release/iteration will be like in game.

See RDO Reddit thread for details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something for my countrymen for Canada Day (skyrim style)

(Yea it's no longer technically Canada day at the time of posting, but the Gin and ginger in me is still working it's magic so it cool.)

FYI - Bijin Wives updated July 7th, now includes:

Muiri(reasonably assumed, damn tiny breatons):

63473-0-1467949326.jpg

Morwen:

63473-2-1467948124.jpg

Senna

63473-2-1467948316.jpg

Grelka:

63473-9-1467948122.jpg

On 4/20/2016 at 7:05 PM, MoonSpot said:

Guh!  Holy fack it can be a nightmare.

do you know which mod shows the hp on top of enemy heads

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

3 minutes ago, whatishacks said:

do you know which mod shows the hp on top of enemy heads

ty, greatly appreciated :)

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

• 5 weeks later...

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO by cloudedtruth

One of the more eagerly anticipated mods of the year, its the successor to dynamic follower dialogue(DFD).  Do not use Follower Commentary Overhaul(FCO), unless you know what you're doing.  Should be used to supplant FCO & DFD in ones load order, preferably for ones next playthrough though does not require a new game.

The brief description from the mod page:

Adds over 5,000 lines of completely voiced dialogue for NPCs to use, spanning more than 50 voice types, based on the relationship the NPC has with player that works with the existing dialogue from the game.
All lines are
voiced using the original voices from the game and consist of existing lines that have been added in new and suitable situations, as well as completely new dialogue created by editing multiple lines together to form brand new ones.

Friends talk to you more like friends. Followers have more much to say when speaking to them. If your spouse is a follower, he/she will talk to like a spouse instead of a generic follower. NPCs who dislike you (not bandits and forsworn, but citizens of towns and cities) will have more insults to say and may even completely stop talking to you if you continue to pester them.

Additionally, has the ability to make some previously non-follower NPC voice types into followers.  Though that may also require some setrelationshiprank consoling from a user that knows when they'd break quest-lines by doing so and/or a supporting follower overhaul.

Been good for me so far, look forward to see more of this mod in my current playthrough.

• 2 months later...

Soon we'll see how much of a difference DX11 and the changes Beth has made will make to the game.  Just a reminder with this respun trailer from bethesda.

• 2 weeks later...

So if this is what SSE looks like on xbox one.

Don't know if my body will be able to handle PC.

4 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

So if this is what SSE looks like on xbox one.

Don't know if my body will be able to handle PC.

Looks like Skyrim, with some mods xD

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

So is this thread getting revived since we're one week away and I'm freaking amped up! I can't get my mind off scheming what kind of character I want to use.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Wonder how long till they can get SKSE support? 

Also there is that Skyblivion thing. Might take a while though.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

18 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Looks like Skyrim, with some mods xD

Not really.  There are certainly a lot of us here that already have load orders that make Skyrim look waay better than the console remaster does.  Still, haven't seen anyone with a monster rig throw up a vid of SSE on PC as of yet.  It's neither here nor there really, we're in it for the engine improvements anyways.

Anyhoo, relevant thread by Arthmoor on afk that most, I imagine, will want to see.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

2 hours ago, ashtaroth said:

Wonder how long till they can get SKSE support? 

Also there is that Skyblivion thing. Might take a while though.

SKSE, I wouldn't hold my breath. https://youtu.be/16lXo4xPg50?t=126

Some things are just hard to do.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

Not really.  There are certainly a lot of us here that already have load orders that make Skyrim look waay better than the console remaster does.  Still, haven't seen anyone with a monster rig throw up a vid of SSE on PC as of yet.  It's neither here nor there really, we're in it for the engine improvements anyways.

Anyhoo, relevant thread by Arthmoor on afk that most, I imagine, will want to see.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

Hey, maybe HDT SMP might be the one for this SSE ;) 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Seems like the right place to ask about the Skyrim Remasterd edition will it use more then 4 gb of ram this time around and will it be able to support 4 or even 4+ cores or is it still 2 core 4 gb locked at start asking becouse couldn't find a official statment and somepeople they say it will while other say it won't so thought i'd ask if you guys have some insight

Dum...

22003755250_7a5ecba72e_o.jpg

dum dum...

XGr8oYA.jpg

Raa, tu ra, tu raa, yyah!

chVeUkP.jpg

Please consult your Bethesda representative if you experience an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

Anyways, live PC gameplay/testing of the special edition currently underway at  https://www.twitch.tv/morganmarz

16 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Dum...

Reveal hidden contents

22003755250_7a5ecba72e_o.jpg

dum dum...

Reveal hidden contents

XGr8oYA.jpg

Raa, tu ra, tu raa, yyah!

Reveal hidden contents

chVeUkP.jpg

Please consult your Bethesda representative if you experience an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

Anyways, live PC gameplay/testing of the special edition currently underway at  https://www.twitch.tv/morganmarz

Does it already have an ENB? 

17 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Does it already have an ENB? 

Yes: Check the nexus there's a new Skyrim SE section and there's already ENB files available. Haven't tried them myself since the "built in" ENB is actually pretty nice looking already I am waiting for textures and meshes those still look like shit :/

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Yes: Check the nexus there's a new Skyrim SE section and there's already ENB files available. Haven't tried them myself since the "built in" ENB is actually pretty nice looking already I am waiting for textures and meshes those still look like shit :/

Those are all reshade presets. i don't think Boris has also realeased the binaries for sse yet...

6 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Those are all reshade presets. i don't think Boris has also realeased the binaries for sse yet...

Odd I think some of the modders jumped ahead a bit then because I have seen SSE mods already like SkyUI (although that's a "ported" version without many of the features)

But well I'm sure than most of the important stuff will be there within a week, truth to be told most of the modding community hasn't taken well to Fallout 4. There's plenty of mods don't get me wrong, but not many massive projects like Skyrim back in the day. Beth hasn't even officially released the editor for FO4 yet and they seem to be uninteresting in getting more support since they plan on selling more DLC than on Skyrim but since this game is I think the same engine update maybe we'll see more progress on either or both games, we'll see.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Odd I think some of the modders jumped ahead a bit then because I have seen SSE mods already like SkyUI (although that's a "ported" version without many of the features)

But well I'm sure than most of the important stuff will be there within a week, truth to be told most of the modding community hasn't taken well to Fallout 4. There's plenty of mods don't get me wrong, but not many massive projects like Skyrim back in the day. Beth hasn't even officially released the editor for FO4 yet and they seem to be uninteresting in getting more support since they plan on selling more DLC than on Skyrim but since this game is I think the same engine update maybe we'll see more progress on either or both games, we'll see.

FO4 modding at is current state isn't as big as nv as well. 

Most of the porting will happen after the release of the skse for sse. Doesn't matter much to me anyway. Probably not gonna waste my time getting sse to look like how my modded skyim looks like now. 

5 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

FO4 modding at is current state isn't as big as nv as well. 

Most of the porting will happen after the release of the skse for sse. Doesn't matter much to me anyway. Probably not gonna waste my time getting sse to look like how my modded skyim looks like now. 

Most of the more stellar mods sure, but there's plenty of texture and mesh based mods that are quite popular and those are relatively straight forward to port: just unpack bsa files if you used them and that's it.

But well armors and such might not be what you're looking for understandeable.

-------

Current Rig

-------