Corsair HX1200i could become a thing: could be a hoax

brownninja97

59a.jpg

So the HX series is great but out of all of the corsair psus i think its in need of a shuffling, namely to deal with the monster of a psu that is the EVGA G2.

Anyways what sort of crazy machinations that corsair drawn up with this hunk of metal;

• Its 80+ platinum which puts the AX series in an odd position
  • A fan which doesnt turn on until you start getting serious with your power usage eg opening chrome and wondering why the hell its taking up 3gb of your ram.
  • Fully modular SLEEVED cables, not sure what colour
  • Its a smart psu, doesnt mean it can connect the internet but it means you get the fun and games which means Corsair link yay.......

Onto the speculation that came with this psu

Corsair-RM1000-PSU.jpg

Now why have I put a picture of this thing up, well people of the beautiful people of the internet believe its a rebadge of the RM1000, as in its fake and some dirty horse-radish thought printing out a new sticker for the psu would fool everything and everyone.

Its a hard one because the psus look very similar, the only difference I can tell is that the screw holes on the RM1000 are different to the ones on the HX psu but that mighty be due to the camera not picking up enough light. It could go either way with this one to be honest.

Either way is anyone hyped about this because I am, well I get hyped about anything because its news and that means I get to write here which is nice. 

http://www.techpowerup.com/208118/corsair-hx1200i-psu-pictured.html

http://www.expreview.com/37808.html (in mandarin, translate if possible with your browser)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

do you mean this 

snakecomp2.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

do you mean this 

snakecomp2.jpg

That scared me... 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The HX one looks longer to me than the RM one. I don't see why Corsair would bring it out since it would just be exactly the same as the AX1200i, unless they wish to replace the AX1200i with this. No idea why they would do that though.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

That scared me... 

people you could turn on the pc and that snake would have a very bad day

Listen if you care.

and your PC too... :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

and your PC too... :D

Its a lost cause, better if it goes down fighting

Eg people asked how your pc break, you reply that badass killed a snake.

Listen if you care.

idk if you noticed, but the power cable is missing, so no bad day for the snake ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

idk if you noticed, but the power cable is missing, so no bad day for the snake ;)

Valiant_Shield_-_B2_Stealth_bomber_from_

we have no choice, call in the B2

Listen if you care.

i dont understand corsairs psu lineup at ALL.

at this points all of their psus are trying to one up each other its not ending well.

Listen if you care.

I'll just stick with my RM1000 for now until I actually draw enough power from it for its fan to spin during more then stress testing/artificial benchmarks

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

for the average person, I dont see why you would need anything more than a 1000 watt PSU... especially with things only getting more and more power efficient these days.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

at this points all of their psus are trying to one up each other its not ending well.

This is why my family sticks with PC Pwer&Cooling. Corsair bought them for the IP and engineers, but PC P&C  still builds server class PSU (I just took apart my Dad's machine and the 8-year-old 750W has no degradation at all, and the 1000W has lost 0.6V on the 12 volt rail. They're also offering to refurbish for only $35. 

Now PC P&C has 80+Platinum semi-modular (I think a couple fully modular too) PSUs that you know are going to last the full 7 warranty period (not joking, 7 whole damn years) and the company will refurb even after that for pennies. Just stop buying corsair until they get their shit together.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Didn't Corsair release the HX750i, HX850i and HX1000i not long ago? I wouldn't think this is completely out of the question, Corsair seems to be making some strange decisions nowadays.

If anything, they need to release a HX650i or HX550i. I love the blue colour and Corsair's a well respected brand, so I'd get one.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

What OEM is the HX series? 80Plus does not equal quality.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I always assumed that because the HX series is now 80plus platinum that they would move the entire AX range to 80 plus titanium to be in line with the AX 1500i. At least that is what maxs the most sense to me.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Naaah, fake.

You are a TTL fan ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650