Microsoft Changing Stances: Xbox One making more sense

Sundanc3
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I won't get an Xbox 1. PS4, Wii U, 3DS and possibly Vita along with a gaming PC.

What do you mean?

the first of many changes microsoft has to make to even compete with the PS4. Im still not even considering purchasing one, ever.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

damage is done.

they could give away a smiling puppy with gumdrops and rainbows PLUS shenmue 3 and I wouldn't buy that hunk of junk.

If you want a console, why can't you just get a PC, place it next to your TV, hook it up and buy a controller, done; a console that makes sense.

Build yourself an HTPC with a decent video card in it. Done.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

they make a big deal about physical disks getting scratched, lost, or anything bad happening to it, but the thing is, its much easier to carry a disk than to wait hours for a game u want to play at a friend's house. unless xbox one comes with at least a free 10 Mbps internet, a physical disk is still preferred.

I still don't understand why PC people are so angry about the used games even tho on PC most games are downloaded

I don't give a crap about the used games side of things. The always on connect is why i'd rather spend $500 on cat toys then the xbox one. 

I still don't understand why PC people are so angry about the used games even tho on PC most games are downloaded

Because the main attraction of a console was you could take your game over to a friend's house, along with the memory stick and play the game at their place. That is something you have never really been able to do with a PC game (well, WoW doesn't need installing, but the installation is over 20GB).

I'd take my Gran Turismo to a friend's house and we'd race in split-screen mode against each other. I'd take a jump-and-run and we'd see how far we got without dying. All we had to do is open the lid, put in the disc and the memory stick and turn the machine on and 1 minute later we'd be racing Dodge Vipers around Laguna Seca. Consoles have always been like that, and the Xbox One isn't

You can't do that with an XBox One, no matter how fast your friend's internet is (replace Gran Turismo with Forza).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I have a gaming PC (see sig), I will get the Wii U, PS4, 3DS at some point and perhaps the Vita.

Oh, so everything but the One.  :P

Personally I think what Microsoft is Doing with drm is great. I don't think the used game market is goo dot the industry. But to top it all off Microsoft is only giving publisher the option of supporting used game sales or not. Not making any actual straight up restrictions. People need to stop being cheap and giving used game retailer all the profit.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Not everyone goes to a used game retailer.  You can sell it to a friend/aquaintance or on craigslist/ebay.  I too don't like how gamestop buys used games way less than what its worth and sells for more.  I don't think people are being cheap, they just want to do what they want with what they bought.

Our "anger" is for our console pals, not for ourselves. At least mine is. I don't like seeing people get walked all over by large corporate companies.

True, realistically the problem is used games in general. If I buy bioshock infinite for $60 then my friend buys it form me for $50 then that's $50 the publisher and developer don't get. And instead I get to play the game for $10. Then if my friend sells it to a friend for $50 or even $40 same thing happens. Which is great if you're cheap. But it's very bad for the publisher and in turn the developer. Ownership is important, but so is not ripping of the industry.

Not everyone goes to a used game retailer.  You can sell it to a friend/aquaintance or on craigslist/ebay.  I too don't like how gamestop buys used games way less than what its worth and sells for more.  I don't think people are being cheap, they just want to do what they want with what they bought.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

True, realistically the problem is used games in general. If I buy bioshock infinite for $60 then my friend buys it form me for $50 then that's $50 the publisher and developer don't get. And instead I get to play the game for $10. Then if my friend sells it to a friend for $50 or even $40 same thing happens. Which is great if you're cheap. But it's very bad for the publisher and in turn the developer. Ownership is important, but so is not ripping of the industry.

this may be true in some cases but what about people who cannot afford to buy every game that comes out? your basically saying if you dont have the money dont play games

CoolerMaster HAF 932 -- A10-5800k -- ASrock FM2A55M-DGS -- Corsair H80i -- Sapphire Radeon HD7850 -- OCZ ZT 750W

this may be true in some cases but what about people who cannot afford to buy every game that comes out? your basically saying if you dont have the money dont play games

I don't like what Microsoft is doing either, but...

"Money makeh deh world go 'round."

I don't like what Microsoft is doing either, but...

"Money makeh deh world go 'round."

i know it makes the world go round man :)

i do usually buy games new and dont trade them in, im just saying people cant just be like "buy games full price, dont be cheap" some people just cant afford to

CoolerMaster HAF 932 -- A10-5800k -- ASrock FM2A55M-DGS -- Corsair H80i -- Sapphire Radeon HD7850 -- OCZ ZT 750W

Think of an Xbox one more like a PC with a controller, you install the games to ur hdd then play them through it.

the benefits of this will mean that Xbox one games will be Significantly cheaper than Playstation 4's.

price difference can be anything 10 - 35% much like what most PC titles are over consoles at the moment, that in my opinion makes it allot more worth it.

also to my understanding after 3 months after launch of a new game, the costs will reduce every month from then out meaning the price of playing on an xbox one in the long term will be more beneficial.

The best way to think of an Xbox one is "Set Top Box with the ability to play pc games at 2k res at 60fps stable without the need for a remote control".

im still getting both the Xbox one and PS4 but i am still leaning more towards Xb1

Character artist in the Games industry.

Its unfortunate that Microsoft is taking this approach with the new console, I had a few consoles (a Sega, some Nintendos and a 360) and I loved the fact that I could trade games with my friends whenever I wanted, however often I wanted.

Its really unfortunate ..... especially for some consumers who have blind brand loyalty and can't see that these restrictions are just going to cripple the true social experience that should be had with a video game console.

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

Yeah they have too much bad PR. Their release to just 21 countries (for now) doesn't help.

No, I'm saying we need systems like steam where publishers and developers can adjust the prices over time to allow people who don't think a game is worth its launch price to pay a price they think is reasonable later on. And the money still goes back to the publishers and developers.