Microsoft Changing Stances: Xbox One making more sense

Sundanc3

well he said port and emulate.

and the first xbox used a power pc single core processor.

no the first xbox used an intel x86 CPU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_%28console%29#Technical_specifications

a simple google search would have killed you ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Face it people, in the end its either nintendo or sony that will stay true to the console concept, or so i belive, i dont know much about the ps4 or the Wii U but i belive atleast nintendo will remain console ich hopefully awhile longer

no the first xbox used an intel x86 CPU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_%28console%29#Technical_specifications

a simple google search would have killed you ?

He was still right in the sense that it's a single core CPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Face it people, in the end its either nintendo or sony that will stay true to the console concept, or so i belive, i dont know much about the ps4 or the Wii U but i belive atleast nintendo will remain console ich hopefully awhile longer

Consoles are fucked pc FTW

Consoles are fucked pc FTW

Please watch language.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Please watch language.

Yeah sorry I just don't see the need to buy somthing extra when you can do everything and more on somthing you already have.

I understand that this is a PC forum, but a lot of my friends have consoles and not PC's to play on. Or should I say it's not "gaming" spec.

The console is great for just putting in a game and chilling out with a gaming session for your friends. Yes, you can do this on PC but for me, none of them are able to game on their PC. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I understand that this is a PC forum, but a lot of my friends have consoles and not PC's to play on. Or should I say it's not "gaming" spec.

The console is great for just putting in a game and chilling out with a gaming session for your friends. Yes, you can do this on PC but for me, none of them are able to game on their PC. 

All of my friends that I know in real life that are gamers have a Xbox 360, all of them are switching to either PC gaming(with the help of myself) or buying a PS4. They know what Microsoft is doing and they aren't stupid, they know the Xbox One isn't a good console and they know how licensing works. They'd much rather be on PC and have to deal with licensing than have their game licenses fall into Microsoft's hands, plus if they have to deal with not actually "owning" the game, then they would much rather be on PC so they can mod their games(Skyrim) and have official dedicated servers that don't get shut down after 3 years.

Or they'll get a PS4 so they can still play used games. They don't want things digital if they don't have to be.

All of my friends that I know in real life that are gamers have a Xbox 360, all of them are switching to either PC gaming(with the help of myself) or buying a PS4. They know what Microsoft is doing and they aren't stupid, they know the Xbox One isn't a good console and they know how licensing works. They'd much rather be on PC and have to deal with licensing than have their game licenses fall into Microsoft's hands, plus if they have to deal with not actually "owning" the game, then they would much rather be on PC so they can mod their games(Skyrim) and have official dedicated servers that don't get shut down after 3 years.

Or they'll get a PS4 so they can still play used games. They don't want things digital if they don't have to be.

Oh I definitely agree with that :P I will be definitely getting a PS4, and then also have my PC. I used to be an Xbox fan but the One ruined it for me.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I found a video of some kinect gameplay with the new Xbox one

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I found a video of some kinect gameplay with the new Xbox one

Still looks better than the time I tried playing Forza with Kinect... LOL

Any footage that I see of the Xbox One from the past I will not trust for now as at E3 they used really good computers that are way better than what will be in the console to run the game.  I also want to hear more about the memory and gpu issues they were having.  MS is not out of the woods yet.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Any footage that I see of the Xbox One from the past I will not trust for now as at E3 they used really good computers that are way better than what will be in the console to run the game.  I also want to hear more about the memory and gpu issues they were having.  MS is not out of the woods yet.

... They do this every generation at E3. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... They do this every generation at E3. :|

This. PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One... it's like everybody forgot?

All consoles are now is just a pc with a custom os so as Linus said during his live stream there will be emulators so the there will be no point in getting a console.

that if a emualator does get release wtf is a point of getting a console

lives on

BAKABT

An update: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

And as Linus has said, don't try to act like Sony is your friend making Microsoft look like the bad guy. Any company will go after your money, and some will do whatever it takes. At least we know for sure that Microsoft actually listens to their customer base.

At least we know for sure that Microsoft XBOX actually listens to their customer base.

FTFY

If Microsoft listened to their customer base we wouldn't have the cluster-expletive that is Windows 8 TE (tablet edition).

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

that if a emualator does get release wtf is a point of getting a console

The point is paying for things like one should.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

FTFY

If Microsoft listened to their customer base we wouldn't have the cluster-expletive that is Windows 8 TE (tablet edition).

XBOX is not a company and other than the build in microphone on the Kinect it has no way of listening to anybody.

XBOX is not a company and other than the build in microphone on the Kinect it has no way of listening to anybody.

I didn't realise me stating that MSFT not listening to their users regarding their OS had anything to do with semantics and or the kinect.  -_-

Edit: Ah, right. You're taking my sentence out of context. I meant literally listening to user feedback, not spying on their users.

Edited by Skeletor

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

I didn't realise me stating that MSFT not listening to their users regarding their OS had anything to do with semantics and or the kinect.  -_-

Edit: Ah, right. You're taking my sentence out of context. I meant literally listening to user feedback, not spying on their users.

Sorry, I was actually trying to make a joke... I should have put a :) at the end.

I still don't understand why PC people are so angry about the used games even tho on PC most games are downloaded

Yep.

Our "anger" is for our console pals, not for ourselves. At least mine is. I don't like seeing people get walked all over by large corporate companies.

And Sony and Nintendo are just sweet hearts aren't they?

... We gamers have such short memories.

Yep.

And Sony and Nintendo are just sweet hearts aren't they?

... We gamers have such short memories.

Insignificant compared to what MS has been trying to do now.

Maybe if i had to choose between a Ps4 and a Xbox One (Mostly for JRPG) i would buy a PS4, even if microsoft changed their "policy". They were way too greedy and i don't think gamers will forgive them for trying to mess with us like that.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410