Game developer's $40,892 Kickstarter project goes unfinished, donates remaining funding to Feminist Frequency, changes name.

Mattk50

Wow you known when your donating money your kind of giving money away, thats sort the whole point.

not that I think she should have gave the money away, thats rather unprofessional HOWEVER,  the bit about the IRS is legitimate and  stalking and harassing her in any way is wrong also stop saying she is "playing the victim card" because she is a victim of harassment,

Again, just because "you're donating money" doesn't mean the one you're donating to can do whatever they want. It is flat out fraud to make people believe they are donating to one thing, and then you use that money for something completely different.

The Red Cross would be held responsible if they started sending all the donations they get to let's say a Satanist group. Imagine if Linus went "actually, we aren't moving our office. All the money that got donated will be used to buy a second lambo".

As someone else pointed out, she have had a successful project in the past (back in late 2011) so there is no way she didn't know about the taxes.

As I said earlier in the thread, I spent over an hour reading comments and looking for mentions and comments on her Twitter yesterday, and I barely saw anything I'd consider "harassment". It's mostly people asking if they can get a refund in a non-aggressive and non-threatening way.

The only thing she is a victim of is her own stupidity.

Projects like this one with individuals that clearly can't lead them is why the public's opinions about Kickstarter and sites alike keep getting intoxicated. It means that the interest in backing projects is falling and people with actually good and well managed projects will suffer. I really do hope that Kickstarter and sites alike figure out a way to prevent things like this from happening without the need for all the drama that quite frankly no one cares about but instead want their money back for something they paid for and not received; which is exactly what they should do and not have the need to deal with immature and irresponsible people.

Oh she is already playing the victim card. How long until this somehow gets linked to GamerGate and gamers are just attacking her for being a transwoman?

This is flat out fraud. Even if you think of Kickstarter as simple donations, you still have to be honest about what you're going to use the money for when asking for donations. The Red Cross can't just go "all that money you donated for people in need? Yeah I am going to donate that money to having a statue of Satan raise din Oklahoma".

OMG You're such a misogynist LAwLz!  :P

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, she's a piece of shit, and she donated to an even bigger piece of shit who happens to be insane. Disgusting. This was probably her plan all along.

Again, just because "you're donating money" doesn't mean the one you're donating to can do whatever they want. It is flat out fraud to make people believe they are donating to one thing, and then you use that money for something completely different.

The Red Cross would be held responsible if they started sending all the donations they get to let's say a Satanist group. Imagine if Linus went "actually, we aren't moving our office. All the money that got donated will be used to buy a second lambo".

As someone else pointed out, she have had a successful project in the past (back in late 2011) so there is no way she didn't know about the taxes.

As I said earlier in the thread, I spent over an hour reading comments and looking for mentions and comments on her Twitter yesterday, and I barely saw anything I'd consider "harassment". It's mostly people asking if they can get a refund in a non-aggressive and non-threatening way.

The only thing she is a victim of is her own stupidity.

I had just got up so I didnt really have my thoughts put together very well.

anyways I agree now that I look over it, most of the people simply want their money back, I am sure there is some haressment but she really is putting on  quite a show instead of handling it more professionally, also why did she donate  the money ? 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

OMG You're such a misogynist LAwLz!  :P

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU MISOGYNIST SHITLORDS

THE IRS ARE MISOGYNIST SHITLORDS LEAVE ME ALONE IRS

Please sue me. I beg of you. Take me to court. Have this all done.

Okay.

Here is where the backers that were ripped off 40k would start I guess. If you know somebody who was ripped off by this person please encourage them to seek help and organize so that crowdfunding doesn't become synonymous with the word scam. Its important that actions have consequences, real consequences, otherwise things like this will keep happening.

Even if they did nothing wrong, they should be able to deal with it. That's part of being an adult, you learn how to deal with this shit in high school. If they can't deal with it, they should not be on any sort of pedestal on the internet, it's guaranteed they'll get ripped apart by the masses.

Stop acting like a fucking child and people won't treat you like a child. (Not you specifically)

While I did agree with the statements I've not quoted pertaining to criticism and it actually exisiting or not in this situation, I disagree with the notion that people should accept this as a 'part of being an adult'. 

If that's the case, President's should not hire bodyguards since they should cope with the risk of assassinations, something that is guarenteed if they make the wrong choice, but the real world does not work that way. Humanity has not come this far by having a lonewolf attitude, and if today a thousand people appear to disagree with you, even if having valid points, depending on how they approach you, that can really take a toll on your mental health. On a Twitter handle with ~200 charachters, people won't be able to bring out a balanced argument acknowledging anything good she may have done, making it seem that everyone is picking on her.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but am rather saying that it's wrong to think that if you can't cope with something, you should simply leave it, since that statement is morally wrong in my opinion and telling someone to grow up and learn to deal with from highschool is just plain insensitive since it seems to lack any empathy.

PC in Profile

Imagine if Linus went "actually, we aren't moving our office. All the money that got donated will be used to buy a second lambo".

But what if Linus then installed a gaming rig in that lambo, hosted all of the Wan shows from within the lambo and also featured the lambo in every future LTT video.

I think it'd be worth it.

But what if Linus then installed a gaming rig in that lambo, hosted all of the Wan shows from within the lambo and also featured the lambo in every future LTT video.

I think it'd be worth it.

While that is cool and totally not practical i think people will still be mad since he still didn't use the money donated for what it was intended. Fraud is still fraud people will be mad.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

While that is cool and totally not practical i think people will still be mad since he still didn't use the money donated for what it was intended. Fraud is still fraud people will be mad.

Ok let's put it another way, what if the new lambo was the new office :o

Ok let's put it another way, what if the new lambo was the new office :o

Hes moving because theres no space so going to a lambo is counterproductive.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Donates money to feminist group then writes out "suck my dick", yea sounds legit to me <_<

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

While I did agree with the statements I've not quoted pertaining to criticism and it actually exisiting or not in this situation, I disagree with the notion that people should accept this as a 'part of being an adult'.

If that's the case, President's should not hire bodyguards since they should cope with the risk of assassinations, something that is guarenteed if they make the wrong choice, but the real world does not work that way. Humanity has not come this far by having a lonewolf attitude, and if today a thousand people appear to disagree with you, even if having valid points, depending on how they approach you, that can really take a toll on your mental health. On a Twitter handle with ~200 charachters, people won't be able to bring out a balanced argument acknowledging anything good she may have done, making it seem that everyone is picking on her.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but am rather saying that it's wrong to think that if you can't cope with something, you should simply leave it, since that statement is morally wrong in my opinion and telling someone to grow up and learn to deal with from highschool is just plain insensitive since it seems to lack any empathy.

If I had to guess the harassment likely extends beyond twitter and into real life threats. Getting mail and people showing up at her house and likely all sorts of crank calls or even worse.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Donates money to feminist group then writes out "suck my dick", yea sounds legit to me <_<

Funny how they really hate supposed sexist terminology like "cunt" and "bitch" but dick is just fine and not sexist at all apparantly.

Like, i don't think any of those terms can honestly be accused of being either misandrist is misogynist but their inconsistency is amazing.

I doubt feminist frequency is a registered charity.

Oddly enough they are...501©3....or at least that's what there website says. To the rest of this...wow simply wow...

I hate to nitpick, but the President analogy is kind of off... That's a life or death situation, he needs those bodyguards. This isn't life or death, this is just learning how to deal with hate/criticism.

Think of all the awesome CEOs around. Gabe Newell, Elon Musk, etc. They probably get hate all the time but they deal with it really well. You never hear about them having temper tantrums when people throw hate at them. It's called professionalism. Go have a look at Milo Yiannopoulos' twitter. He gets mountains of hate and do you know what he does? He retweets hateful tweets. It's pretty hilarious but he's not jumping up and down and screaming about it, he's making fun of it, dealing with it like an adult.

If it seems like I have a lack of empathy for these people, it's because... I don't care. I've seen too many sob stories to care any more. I feel sorry for people who silently deal with their problems and don't make it anyone else's problem, I'll help them as much as I can and I have a lot of respect for them. I won't, however, jump to help someone who's constantly shoving it in my face about how bad their life is. It's just plain annoying and unnecessary. If your life is truly shit, you won't need to rant about how bad it is so people will understand, they'll understand by just knowing your circumstances. Maybe I'm just a dick, but that's me. For example: did you know a lot of people pick on GabeN because of his weight? You probably do, but he doesn't talk about it much. Because he just goes on about his day and tries to do a good job (which he damn well does), I feel sorry for him and will support him. He doesn't try to push anti-fat-shaming propaganda into the Steam community, he doesn't constantly blog about it, so he gets my sympathy.

To be honest, I wish other people would have the same attitude because the attitude you have breeds this "my life is shit and everyone should know about it" mentality that we're seeing in the SJW circles. I'm not saying you do it, but your attitude will allow it.

Call it selective empathy, call it being a dick, but that's how I feel.

Sorry for the rant.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

"Suck my dick"

I think that "Grace Lynn" is a "she". When does woman start to grow "dick"?

OP, you wouldn't happen to be pro #GamerGate, would you? This smells of Devi.

OP, you wouldn't happen to be pro #GamerGate, would you? This smells of Devi.

I am a gamergate supporter, though this story is only tangentially related to gamergate through femfreq and her own tweets that included the hashtag for some reason. And yes, this person is devi before she "changed her name". Quote from her kickstarter in the OP:

P.S. ON A MORE PERSONAL NOTE, I AM NO LONGER GOING BY THE NAME DEVI EVER, SO PLEASE RESPECT THAT AS I HAVE WRITTEN HERE, AND REFER TO ME AS GRACE LYNN. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO RUN AWAY FROM MY DEBTS, BUT A VERY PERSONAL DECISION. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE READ HERE AND RESPECT MY DECISION.

I am a gamergate supporter, though this story is only tangentially related to gamergate through femfreq and her own tweets that included the hashtag for some reason. And yes, this person is devi before she "changed her name". Quote from her kickstarter in the OP:

I knew this sounded familiar with the pedal thing. Devi tried to kiss Zoe's butt and failed. After that she claimed to be pro GG all while trying to plug herself. When that eventually failed, she switched back. Someone shilling on both sides trying to find traction, a very dishonorable individual. Not entirely Gamegate, but the tie is there as the above makes her motives clear. I hope those backers complain and a lawsuit comes up. She's a fraud and deserves to be outed as one.

Funny how they really hate supposed sexist terminology like "cunt" and "bitch" but dick is just fine and not sexist at all apparantly.

Like, i don't think any of those terms can honestly be accused of being either misandrist is misogynist but their inconsistency is amazing.

They aren't truely people who belive in Equality between people. They are simply self entitled jerks that assume the world owes them the highest degree of respect yet no one else does.

>They call themselves feminists since feminism largely focus on Female gender issues. Which is a group she is a part of.

>She believed she was entitled to that money although it was not for ppersonal use.

>She believes the world owes her something. So it's not unlikely that she committed fraud just so she could play the victim card.

-I.e It's likely she spent the money purposely and then announced it on Twitter looking to get a negative reaction and hope for death threats just so she can play the victim card and reject her responsibilities.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China