Game developer's $40,892 Kickstarter project goes unfinished, donates remaining funding to Feminist Frequency, changes name.

Mattk50

I just don't know what to think of this...

I knew this sounded familiar with the pedal thing. Devi tried to kiss Zoe's butt and failed. After that she claimed to be pro GG all while trying to plug herself. When that eventually failed, she switched back. Someone shilling on both sides trying to find traction, a very dishonorable individual. Not entirely Gamegate, but the tie is there as the above makes her motives clear. I hope those backers complain and a lawsuit comes up. She's a fraud and deserves to be outed as one.

Lol, i didn't know the extent of this. I have a huge folder of links, images, and videos but there's just so much shit i keep finding out i missed things. Do you have a link to the full story with screencaps somewhere? a brief search only brought up some nonsense tumblr post about how evil gamergate is for "turning on it's own transsexuals"

Oh god I am getting pissed off about these idiots that think they just can steal 40k USD and walk away unharmed. For all I care she can rot neck deep in debt. Like damn! I am 16 and would never even consider something as idiotic as this. And the money went to femfreq >:-( She could have given it to someone else that is not trying to make being a woman some sort of handicap and an excuse for mocking every man on earth.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

People aren't just expecting their money to just disappear after funding kickstarters?  Really?  Get a grip people.  They give their money away, then are mad the person(group/company/whatever) mishandles it or gives it away.  

At least we were honest about it with our crowd funding campaign :P

"you're giving us money in exchange for a digital item. You will never see the money again. We will use it to make videos"

"you're giving us money in exchange for a digital item. You will never see the money again. We will use it to make videos"

NUH UH YOU PROMISED TO GIVE ME YOUR LAMBO FOR MY $5 OR $10 DONATION IDR WHICH!

topkek m9s

A game dev giving money to an organisation that hates video games. 

Oh the irony.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Lol, i didn't know the extent of this. I have a huge folder of links, images, and videos but there's just so much shit i keep finding out i missed things. Do you have a link to the full story with screencaps somewhere? a brief search only brought up some nonsense tumblr post about how evil gamergate is for "turning on it's own transsexuals"

The basics are Devi tried to latch onto something for self promotion. She started with mingling with the 'anti gate' side to low success. After that flopped, Devi posted an image of herself crying on Twitter claiming that it's sad how so called progressives made a trans game dev cry. After this moment, she became pro GG for a limited time, but it's clear this didn't last long. From acting dodgy to constantly trying to push her Patreon, pro GG was getting weary. Fast forward a little while later and Milo makes a comment about transexuality calling it a mental illness that something along the lines of penile mutilation. (For those not in the know, Milo Yiannopoulos is a journalist, he's also openly gay and because of GamerGate started to get into gaming to understand the culture) He's one person out of many entitled to their own opinion, but Devi saw it differently. In an act of rage  (and 4chan levels of immaturity) called for a personal army against Milo. Of course that failed since while I don't agree with that one statement, I'm no one's personal army, especially against one of the few true neutrals to GameGate. In fact, this wasn't even a GG issue in the first place, but a personal one that no one needed to get involved with.

Devi's shiftiness and clear motives to grab attention and pity Patreon cash lead pro GG to drop her just like anti did originally. Several called out how they felt betrayed by Devi since they thought she was a nice person before this mess.Since a bunch of gamers didn't became a personal army over a civil issue that had nothing to do with video games, Devi stopped being pro GamerGate and I guess due to this recently bit of drama is desperately trying to get in the anti's graces again. The only thing I see coming from this is more people learning about how much of a fraud Sarkeesian is, will never back another Kickstarter because of idiots ruining it and possibly some sort of lawsuit. Devi already had low credibility, but now it's rock bottom. People not even following GamerGate are learning more about underhanded acts like this. While not entirely a GG issue, Anita Sarkeesian was the one who thrusted herself into GamerGate with false narratives and half truths to manipulate people who don't know better, There is so much GG stuff now that you have to become a Twitter bot just to keep track. 

So she got the money from kickstarter, then did not go on with the funded project, donated the money to Feminist Frequency instead of giving it back to the backers and now thinks she has a right not to be bothered by her VICTIMS?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Those feminists are on a roll lately and we are all not taking measures, because they support "a good cause". This is NOT a good cause. This is using the excuse of a good cause to do harm to other people for your own good. I didn't use to have a problem with feminists, but now I despise them. Seriously the whole thing should be banned as harmful to society.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Right up there with the Potato Salad campaign, nice sucker grab ;)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Even after the failure and abandonment of the project and their company, they continues to seek attention. Some people are just plain stupid, regardless of whether or not they're male or female.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

Even after the failure and abandonment of the project and their company, they continues to seek attention. Some people are just plain stupid, regardless of whether or not they're male or female.

I don't think it's stupidity, I think it's malice. Someone made a great post summarising the events with relevant links, and unless she is entirely delusional it would seem clear that she is a dishonest individual attempting to gain attention through controversy. No doubt a backward site such as Gawker or Polygon will pick this up and run with it in the name of being "progressive" (and thus I began to hate the word progressive unless it was followed by "metal").

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Sure, but we both know life happens, circumstances change, and all your best hopes and dreams have to be changed drastically to accommodate your new situation.  That's what I think happened here.  

(Life happens is the PC way of saying shit hits the fan.  If linus' wife leaves him and kicks him out of the house and they fight for the kids, I'm sure LTT would change drastically.)

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Theft or monetary dishonesty. Seriously, this sounds exactly like something that could be brought to court.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Sure, but we both know life happens, circumstances change, and all your best hopes and dreams have to be changed drastically to accommodate your new situation.  That's what I think happened here.  

(Life happens is the PC way of saying shit hits the fan.  If linus' wife leaves him and kicks him out of the house and they fight for the kids, I'm sure LTT would change drastically.)

Gross generalization. What happened here was the fact that she didn't bother to inform her backers or reimburse them for the money they pledged in any form. She simply did what she wanted with it, rather than try to do right by the backers and she's now hiding her ass.

And lets not assume anything based on conjecture, because hypothetical situations =/= reality. Things like that matter when they happen, not when they're in our minds.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Gross generalization. What happened here was the fact that she didn't bother to inform her backers or reimburse them for the money they pledged in any form. She simply did what she wanted with it, rather than try to do right by the backers and she's now hiding her ass.

And lets not assume anything based on conjecture, because hypothetical situations =/= reality. Things like that matter when they happen, not when they're in our minds.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.  My point was there's likely a lot of things we don't know, so let's not jump to conclusions.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I don't want to assume, But I couldn't help but notice her left arm on her recent youtube vid (posted on 12/4) looks she has cuts and could be possibly cutting herself. She could  have also some mental health issues.

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

You all seem to have forgotten what Kickstarter is about:

brodown.0.png

On a more serious note: this is one of the reasons I don't fund these things, which is a shame because there are some really great and honest looking projects out there, I just don't trust them with my money. I don't care if you're a man, woman, or fucking tarantula, this is a shitty thing to do.

I don't know why people are getting so mad about it.

I don't know her or her project but the thing with kickstarter is that not every project works out and when you donate/invest money its gone. She does have to give anyone money back. Maybe its a flaw of kickstarter itself but that is just how it works.

I don't know her or her project but the thing with kickstarter is that not every project works out and when you donate/invest money its gone. She does have to give anyone money back. Maybe its a flaw of kickstarter itself but that is just how it works.

Because people believe that they are investing, they are giving away their hard earned money so that person can create what he promised. (I am sure there is a long T&C on KS)

The people are not angry that the project has not come to life. They are angry, as their money went for something totally else, not even close what they were promised, and this person tries to hide behind "being a victim" so the person will not have any responsibility over what he did. or actually thats her plan

uh, because they were supposed to be sent orders of the product she was supposedly making? and then she decided nah, i'll give the money to one of the most hated con artists on the internet that will go over will.

You all seem to have forgotten what Kickstarter is about:

brodown.0.png

On a more serious note: this is one of the reasons I don't fund these things, which is a shame because there are some really great and honest looking projects out there, I just don't trust them with my money. I don't care if you're a man, woman, or fucking tarantula, this is a shitty thing to do.

lol, I was reading this slowly... dunno why but...Tarantula made me lose my shit.

God its messy., and nice pic, the only reason I watch SP now is for Cartman's antics.

I'm so behind. like..I'm LEFT BEHIND.. with the GG bandwagon and whatever people are talking/not talking about..

Ignoring the whole thing....."If you've got nothing nice to say.........."

/But you gotta expect some flack, when you treat people badly.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@HippY and @Mattk50 

I believe I have been wrong since the goal was completed and the ToS states:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

so yeah....

@HippY and @Mattk50 

I believe I have been wrong since the goal was completed and the ToS states:

so yeah....

The biggest problem is not that he never made the project, but that she used the money for a completely different purpose, I mean people does not gave money to her to donate it to a random organization

They aren't mad because the project "failed" (I put that in quotes because it didn't exactly fail, just rather, never happened).

They are mad because she took that money and donated it to a "charity". That wasn't her money to give to that charity. If she had used it on the kickstarter project and ran out of money and couldn't finish, that's fine. That can happen. But she basically stole money that was earmarked for something and gave it away to something entirely unrelated.

This is just as bad as those guys who successfully kickstart a project, and then blow the money on a new car. Hell, even the car could be "justified" by them saying it was somehow needed for the project. She just straight up decided "Nope, I'll just donate this money here".

That is the problem. Not to mention the Kickstarter ToS, as posted by @Brughc specifically states that she must fulfill the rewards before her legal obligation is considered complete. She breached that obligation, which constitutes a contract between herself, kickstarter, and each backer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They aren't mad because the project "failed" (I put that in quotes because it didn't exactly fail, just rather, never happened).

They are mad because she took that money and donated it to a "charity". That wasn't her money to give to that charity. If she had used it on the kickstarter project and ran out of money and couldn't finish, that's fine. That can happen. But she basically stole money that was earmarked for something and gave it away to something entirely unrelated.

This is just as bad as those guys who successfully kickstart a project, and then blow the money on a new car. Hell, even the car could be "justified" by them saying it was somehow needed for the project. She just straight up decided "Nope, I'll just donate this money here".

That is the problem. Not to mention the Kickstarter ToS, as posted by @Brughc specifically states that she must fulfill the rewards before her legal obligation is considered complete. She breached that obligation, which constitutes a contract between herself, kickstarter, and each backer.

That's great. I had no idea there was a legal obligation on her.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.