Game developer's $40,892 Kickstarter project goes unfinished, donates remaining funding to Feminist Frequency, changes name.

Mattk50

Q5xVDHT.png

While she claims to be a game developer, her kickstarter was for a guitar pedal project, not a game of some sort. I like how she continues to list a patreon there.

(main sources)

http://archive.today/YICbE
http://archive.today/5z2ow
http://archive.today/mqRQl

Anyone who is pissed I donated to @femfreq instead of using it on my IRS / KS debt can suck my dick....

From her kickstarter update posts:

I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE HAVING A VERY HARD TIME PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PREVIOUS UPDATES.

ONE : CONTACT ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM FROM NOW ON IF YOU NEED TO GET A HOLD OF ME

TWO : I CAN'T PAY BACK MORE BACKERS TILL I'VE PAID THE IRS. I OWE THE IRS A LOT OF MONEY. I -HAVE- ALREADY PAID BACK THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BEFORE MY IRS DEBT BECAME A BIGGER CONCERN, SO PLEASE STOP TELLING PEOPLE I AM TAKING THE MONEY AND RUNNING FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK. MY KICKSTARTER BACKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A TROLL OR NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

THREE : I'M NOT MAKING A LIVING WAGE YET (I.E. I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, MY HEALTH IS FAILING IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, SO IT'S PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT I CAN AFFORD THESE THINGS BEFORE PAYING MORE PEOPLE BACK)

FOUR : UNTIL I PAY BACK THE IRS AND AM MAKING A LIVING WAGE, I CAN NOT CONTINUE TO PAYBACK KICKSTARTER SUPPORTERS. PERIOD. END OF STORY. I AM STILL WORKING HARD TO MAKE A LIVING WAGE AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN SOONER, THEN STOP ENABLING HARASSMENT OF ME, AND START SUPPORTING MY PIXEL ART, MUSIC, AND VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT.

FIVE : SEE ONE

ENABLING TROLLS, STALKERS, AND HARASSERS TO BOTHER ME ABOUT THIS VIA TWITTER IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME GET TO A BETTER PLACE FINANCIALLY, SO THOSE OF YOU DOING SO, PLEASE STOP

ONCE AGAIN, YOU CAN -ALWAYS- GET A HOLD OF ME VIA CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

ONCE AGAIN, THAT IS CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

P.S. ON A MORE PERSONAL NOTE, I AM NO LONGER GOING BY THE NAME DEVI EVER, SO PLEASE RESPECT THAT AS I HAVE WRITTEN HERE, AND REFER TO ME AS GRACE LYNN. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO RUN AWAY FROM MY DEBTS, BUT A VERY PERSONAL DECISION. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE READ HERE AND RESPECT MY DECISION.

This is not a joke.

I want this to be over with.

People are now organizing a harassment campaign against me, enabling people not even involved in this kickstarter including a stalker who has been harassing me on a daily basis for three years.

I have no money to give anyone.

I can't even pay for my own medical coverage.

I just want this over with.

Please sue me. I beg of you. Take me to court. Have this all done.

You won't get your money any fucking quicker, but you'll ruin my life just like you want, and we can all be over with this.

I just want the harassment to end.

I'm begging you.

tl;dr: Kickstarter project gets funded, doesn't get finished, donates money to Feminist Frequency rather than paying backers back and paying taxes. Now she's playing the harassment victim card and in emotional distress due to the government expecting taxes to get paid.

its sad if it really is true

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I dont know how i feel about this.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

So you practically steal money from someone and expect them to be okay with it? This is a legitimate business now (other than the IRS)?

So instead of working on a project that might help her financial situation, she donates it, essentially taking people's money.

That's messed up. I hope everyone can get their money back.

On a side note, I've never understood the whole GamerGate thing. I get that women are harassed online, but so are guys. I also think that they are over-sexualized in games- but apparently, burly guys with biceps the size of a large tree trunk are fine.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Silly girl. Fancy donating the money rather than paying it back.

I sometimes wonder how supposed rational people come to these conclusions.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That's some classy action right there.

Also: Governments expecting taxes to be paid? Since when? /s

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

An absolute scumbag Stacy, this one. That is my impartial observation.

Wow.

Woooooooooooow, how can you get this dense.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have no sympathy for her. She donated money she could have used to pay off the IRS, and used it to support a cause that many find offensive and rude.

She can rot for all I care

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

That seems like a personal problem. 

If you don't deliver on the initial offer I would want my money back.

What gives her the right to go take the money and donate it for any cause?

Stupid, self righteous, delusional people these days...

System: Thinkpad T460

And she donated it to sarkeesian who already stole tons of money in her own kickstarter. it's funny and sad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

People aren't just expecting their money to just disappear after funding kickstarters?  Really?  Get a grip people.  They give their money away, then are mad the person(group/company/whatever) mishandles it or gives it away.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Does anyone in this forumyou guys know i love all of you...except you I/O, I want your name know how donating money gives you a tax break?

Kickstarter money is the exact same thing as income. For a person that isn't used to paying taxes on $40k+ at one time, that can be pretty hard and the IRS will fuck your shit up #rekt if you dont cough up some change

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Oh she is already playing the victim card. How long until this somehow gets linked to GamerGate and gamers are just attacking her for being a transwoman?

This is flat out fraud. Even if you think of Kickstarter as simple donations, you still have to be honest about what you're going to use the money for when asking for donations. The Red Cross can't just go "all that money you donated for people in need? Yeah I am going to donate that money to having a statue of Satan raise din Oklahoma".

Her Twitter page is filled with how she's chronically ill and starving to death. Yeah, seems legit.

So instead of working on a project that might help her financial situation, she donates it, essentially taking people's money.

That's messed up. I hope everyone can get their money back.

On a side note, I've never understood the whole GamerGate thing. I get that women are harassed online, but so are guys. I also think that they are over-sexualized in games- but apparently, burly guys with biceps the size of a large tree trunk are fine.

This was a real dick move to pull. If I was backing her project, I would be pissed. She didn't even let the backers choose the charity, she didnt inform them, nothing.

She just used the money that wasnt truly hers (not until she finished the project) and gave it away to a very very very controversial "charity" owned by a very very very controversial person.

Not a smart move.

Update with a twitter from the "dev": http://archive.today/YICbE

Sidenote: GamerGate was never about women.

It was always about gaming journalism ethics following the supposed Zoe Quinn sleeping with games journalists to get good reviews to her shitty game.

Some bigger websites (like kotaku) were called on this and on the same day, 20+ articles on different gaming journalism websites were published claming gamers were dead.

This is the event that sparked #GG.

There were some claims of harassment from both sides, accusations of mysoginism against #GG, and suddently GG isnt about only ethics anymore with the birth of #notyourshield.

As of today, it still all a clusterf*ck of things, a lot of harassment from both sides. Its been worse on the Anti-gg side lately with them calling gg supporters worse than ISIS, rapists, calling them neckbeards and saying any women supporting gg are sockpuppets indocrinated by the patriarchist society. At least gg supporters have been more vocal and quick to denounce the harassment.

So yeah...all of this on twitter...the worst place to have a discussion on the internet. Its very hard to follow, gg is being quiet and picking fights while anti-gg is being vocal and dispersing from the point.

Does anyone in this forumyou guys know i love all of you...except you I/O, I want your name know how donating money gives you a tax break?

Kickstarter money is the exact same thing as income. For a person that isn't used to paying taxes on $40k+ at one time, that can be pretty hard and the IRS will fuck your shit up #rekt if you dont cough up some change

That somehow makes what she did okay? I don't think so. It's her own fault for not planning her Kickstarter campaign better to begin with. She should have known she would need to pay taxes on that Kickstarter income. Complete mismanagement of funds, and then she donates it to Feminist Frequency?

If she had donated the money to sick dying kids with cancer, then it might have been an acceptable temporary outcome. But that? Well... I'm not surprised people are angry.

Of course, that doesn't give them the right to harass her or threaten her (if that part is true, I honestly have no idea and have not looked into it).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What the hell.... Like seriously... Wtf

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

If you're gonna rip people off for charity, at least do it for a charity that is actually trying to achieve something...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Harassment is never the answer. An organized boycott or protest against a company sure, expressing your opinions publicly to friends or directly to her once is fine. Harassment on the scale a lot of people have experienced for a lot smaller perceived crimes is appalling and at least very close to criminal.

Not to say she isn't a douchebag though, there isn't a valid way to "undonate" money unless it was very recent (i.e. not processed yet, depending on the payment method) so I doubt she has much worth suing over, but there should be legal action made against her, to put it lightly, and unless all of the quotes are wrong or were all jokes and she secretly really is working on the project she'd almost certainly lose in court.

But again, harassment really doesn't help.

I am pretty sure you can legally sue her/him for fraud

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Heaven forbid she refund the capital and negate that taxes on it, if that's even where the claimed issue with the IRS stems from.

I have no money to give anyone.

FTFY version

I have no more of other peoples money to give anyone.

Oh she is already playing the victim card. How long until this somehow gets linked to GamerGate and gamers are just attacking her for being a transwoman?

If I had to guess, she's probably figuring that if she plays the victim card hard enough, somebody like Polygon/Kotaku will pick up the story, make her sound incredibly sympathetic, and then she can start a Patreon account for all the people who feel bad for her.