Apple Users Outspend Android Users on 'Black Thursday' Online Purchases :/

MOST of android devices are budget phones like the Moto G while Apple only sells high end phones. If these people had some common sense then they would have compared the same with android flagships and iPhones. And for people who are mocking apple users shows their own lack of common sense

How to save money? don't buy Apple products and stay away from their eco system.

More comfortable with technology that is some bullshit.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Alternative title: Android Users Less Frivolous With Wasting Cash Vs Apple Users

PS: Being more comfortable with technology is being able to take your electronics apart, be familiar with every aspect of it and being able to troubleshoot issues with relative ease. Not post things to social media or pay a "genius" to fix a simple problem.

apple customers do tend to be willing to spend more for products that do less. 

-Brendan Jackson B)

Alternative title: Android Users Less Frivolous With Wasting Cash Vs Apple Users

PS: Being more comfortable with technology is being able to take your electronics apart, be familiar with every aspect of it and being able to troubleshoot issues with relative ease. Not post things to social media or pay a "genius" to fix a simple problem.

This so much. Most Apple users I know/knew are highschool age kids. They are not very tech savvy, they know how to use the device (not always to full benefit) but I wouldn't say they are comfortable...you know what. That's exactly what I would say about the newer generations, they are comfortable with technology. They do not fear it and given a guide will succeed (I hope) it's just that not everyone looks for that guide.

Bit of a broad brush that applies to all teens and kids of now. They said it exclusively of Apple.

Hmm. There is some distinction between comfortable with technology and good with technology. I think that's what I'm agreeing with. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

Regardless that comment could have been saved. I don't think Apple users are that technologically literate. Another comment that could have been saved.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

They are not very tech savvy, they know how to use the device (not always to full benefit) but I wouldn't say they are comfortable...you know what.

daringfireball.net: John Gruber, creator of Markdown, the most popular HTML formatting syntax.

hypercritical.co: John Siracusa, legendary UNIX guru, Ars Technica contributor.

marco.org: Marco Arment, multi-millionaire cofounder and ex-CTO of Tumblr, creator of The Magazine and Instapaper.

Just a few extremely professional and very famous Mac users. I could name many more but I think the point's been made. 

Google is Mac-only, as is GitHub. A multitude of other professional-heavy sites are filled with enthusiast Mac users. I suggest y'all stick your heads out of your Windows and see the world outside.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Oh what a big surprise users who buy a really expensive phone whose OS is designed for people who dont understand and dont want to deal with tech at all. So that is everyone who is really busy @work etc... They are more likely to have a well payed full-time job and have a lot of force in economy.

They also buy more software and so on.

What a big surprise :rolleyes:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Frankly, I am not surprised. Many Android users just downlaod free APK files and install them directly without purchasing the App. you can't do that on IOS. If you could than the numbers would be the same. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Frankly, I am not surprised. Many Android users just downlaod free APK files and install them directly without purchasing the App. you can't do that on IOS. If you could than the numbers would be the same. 

nah probably not even then. We all know those not tech savvy people who dont care and pay for everything. Even if theres a better / cheaper solution. Its just that their money is easier spend too. Once you have a qualification and a good job you dont care too much for pricing.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

daringfireball.net: John Gruber, creator of Markdown, the most popular HTML formatting syntax.

hypercritical.co: John Siracusa, legendary UNIX guru, Ars Technica contributor.

marco.org: Marco Arment, multi-millionaire cofounder and ex-CTO of Tumblr, creator of The Magazine and Instapaper.

Just a few extremely professional and very famous Mac users. I could name many more but I think the point's been made. 

Google is Mac-only, as is GitHub. A multitude of other professional-heavy sites are filled with enthusiast Mac users. I suggest y'all stick your heads out of your Windows and see the world outside.

Your back? I though you mashed your password and redirected your email to prevent this?

By the way google allow their workers to choose what OS they wish to use but preference their own custom version of ubuntu over everything else.

http://www.zdnet.com/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux-7000003462/

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 3 weeks later...

Your back? I though you mashed your password and redirected your email to prevent this?

By the way google allow their workers to choose what OS they wish to use but preference their own custom version of ubuntu over everything else.

http://www.zdnet.com/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux-7000003462/

Out of date article is out of date, fucker. http://bgr.com/2013/11/28/mac-chromebook-google-employees/

“but as of now if you start at Google and want to use a platform other than Mac you have to make a business case.”

And yes, yes I did. Which shows you how important I thought it was to reply, and this to you too. This is my post for the month.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Out of date article is out of date, fucker. http://bgr.com/2013/11/28/mac-chromebook-google-employees/

And yes, yes I did. Which shows you how important I thought it was to reply, and this to you too. This is my post for the month.

Don't call me fucker,  fucker  :P 

Now you'll have too wait a whole month to respond :P:ph34r:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Also most Android users know how to use a PC.

Yeah as if an iOS user don't. I don't get how many thinks that Android users are all power users. They're not. Most of them just walk into a store, look at the cheapest phones, if it's good enough, they buy. But Android users ain't all cheap bastards either. I just say that you can't generalize a entire user base.

I guess it's easy to figure that the guy who buy the more expensive device will buy more things afterward. I don't get why people are fighting over this... 

I'd like to call super mega jumbo double triple bullshit.

Hey. I have an iPhone.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

There were black friday android deals?

zzzzzzz.

I've bought like 4 things on android.  Where's my droid, an office app, gurk, 10000000, robo defense, oh and beautiful widgets.  So, like 5 things.

What else is there to even buy?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

"... I don't get how many thinks that Android users are all power users. They're not. Most of them just walk into a store, look at the cheapest phones, if it's good enough, they buy. But Android users ain't all cheap bastards either. I just say that you can't generalize a entire user base."

I cannot agree more with this statement.

Also the article is referring to 'online shopping' eg Amazon, Ebay, NCIX, newegg etc. not just Play Store or App Store/iTunes purchases.

It's more about using the phone as a tool for purchasing rather than purchasing off of it's ecosystem.

I cannot agree more with this statement.

does that mean you agree less or the same?

does that mean you agree less or the same?

Agree with the statement 100% 

Could have worded that post better  :unsure:

Where's the methodology and the specific info?

Secondly, should this be surprising on a platform with numerous paid proprietary standards?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

lol more comfortable with technology that is an outright lie. people who dont know how to use technology get apple products for their simplicity 

Yay for stereotypes on a tech forum.

Guess many of us here better quickly torch our systems so we fit in with others better.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Yay for stereotypes on a tech forum.

Guess many of us here better quickly torch our systems so we fit in with others better.

im not saying everybody who uses apple doesnt know how to use technology but most of the people who dont know how to use technology use apple because it is simple

Saw the title and knew exactly the type of people it would attract to make a comment. And yet I still clicked 

Honestly I think that talking about apple should be banned from this forum not because there isn't worthy tech news about Apple but that the users here aren't mature enough to go 5 seconds without making sure everyone else knows they are superior to other people who bought a different phone than them. 

Apple iOS users might already be used to spending more on a device and therefore are more likely to buy other stuff for it. While quite a few Android users just use it because it the cheapest smartphone out there and they are not willing to get any thing else with it. 

Really? You think the majority of the Android fanboys on this forum use Android because they wanted the cheapest £60 smartphones and naturally those are all (heavily crippled) Android phones?

I don't really see where this idea that iPhones are particularly expensive came from -- they cost about the same amount as any other flagship out there, whether it be Android or Windows Phone. The only difference is that Apple doesn't really have a range, as such, apart from the 5c they only have the flagship.

im not saying everybody who uses apple doesnt know how to use technology but most of the people who dont know how to use technology use apple because it is simple

Anecdotal at best, the only people I know that use OS X are in IT work and usually in development or IT Management positions. That doesn't mean I stereotype others for not being able to use *nix based systems.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q