[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

1 minute ago, .spider. said:

Now I am even more excited and I never thought that I could be so excited about salt.

It's good for making jerky and meat in general when cooking.

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's good for making jerky and meat in general when cooking.

I'll use it for my BBQ Rub

16 minutes ago, .spider. said:

I'll use it for my BBQ Rub

Good choice :D

I've always been a hater of fruit squash.

But in 30c temperatures, its now a must in my water bottle and I've already drank about 2 litres of fluid today.

Sooooo hot :(

Linus is my fetish.

i forgot to mention. i grilled a bunch of cuts of meat, and mmm oh my gosh, i grilled the best steak ever. there wasn't too much fat on the steak, but it still remained juicy and tender as hell. like it was so tender, i almost thought i was eating pork steak, but oh my god, i love it. i could eat that every day if i wasn't so conscious about my health :P 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, MrPerforations said:

I never eat junk food, just ramen noodles, okonomiyaki and burgers. i'm also under weight.

jesus, that's a fat ass burger.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Been meaning to try Thai Peanut chicken, but I can't find a good recipe that isn't spicy.

Yeah, I'm one of those weird people who dislikes spicy food. I don't see why I would want my food to be painful to eat. It does nothing for flavor, and makes you sweat like a pig.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Been meaning to try Thai Peanut chicken, but I can't find a good recipe that isn't spicy.

Yeah, I'm one of those weird people who dislikes spicy food. I don't see why I would want my food to be painful to eat. It does nothing for flavor, and makes you sweat like a pig.

spicy food imo is amazing. like sometimes i like a little kick in my food, so i add some sriracha (asian staple), and if i want some more, i eat a jalapeno. but usually that's all i can tolerate. anything hotter and it starts to get uncomfortable.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Jalapenos

lol

dude i don't know how to build heat tolerance. i can eat a jalapeno, i can squirt about a tablespoon of sriracha and stand that, but anything spicier gets crazy hot to handle.

Just now, terrytek said:

dude i don't know how to build heat tolerance. i can eat a jalapeno, i can squirt about a tablespoon of sriracha and stand that, but anything spicier gets crazy hot to handle.

I just think for what they're worth, jalapenos are worthless. They have no flavor whatsoever. Just a bit of heat. Everyone goes nuts over the damn things but nobody actually buys other peppers that have some flavor they can add to the dish.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I just think for what they're worth, jalapenos are worthless. They have no flavor whatsoever. Just a bit of heat. Everyone goes nuts over the damn things but nobody actually buys other peppers that have some flavor they can add to the dish.

well in my normal supermarket they really don't sell a lot of peppers. just jalapeno, serrano, and bell peppers. and sometimes habanero, but they're expensive, small in quantity, and too spicy for me to tolerate.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

well in my normal supermarket they really don't sell a lot of peppers. just jalapeno, serrano, and bell peppers. and sometimes habanero, but they're expensive, small in quantity, and too spicy for me to tolerate.

Serrano are pretty good, too much heat per pepper for how many I want to add for flavor though. Habaneros are personally one of my favorites aside from ones I can't get in store, nice sweetness and also spicy. Glad Sprouts here has them dirt cheap, can get a handful for a quarter. :D

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Serrano are pretty good, too much heat per pepper for how many I want to add for flavor though. Habaneros are personally one of my favorites aside from ones I can't get in store, nice sweetness and also spicy. Glad Sprouts here has them dirt cheap, can get a handful for a quarter. :D

i would love to try habaneros, but my palate wouldn't be able to handle them :(

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i would love to try habaneros, but my palate wouldn't be able to handle them :(

Get one to dice it up use it in pizza sauce and go make yourself a large pizza. It won't be that spicy because it's more evenly distributed and the cheese will help with it. Plus it tastes really fucking good.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Get one to dice it up use it in pizza sauce and go make yourself a large pizza. It won't be that spicy because it's more evenly distributed and the cheese will help with it. Plus it tastes really fucking good.

that actually sounds pretty fucking delicious. 

Just now, terrytek said:

that actually sounds pretty fucking delicious. 

I was surprised by it, there's a good amount of flavor depth for a plain cheese pizza. I need to make some again, but I really want to make a brickfire oven and that's so much effort.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

spicy food imo is amazing. like sometimes i like a little kick in my food, so i add some sriracha (asian staple), and if i want some more, i eat a jalapeno. but usually that's all i can tolerate. anything hotter and it starts to get uncomfortable.

To me, a basic taco bell taco with some onions and cheese, with no added sauces, is about as spicy as I can handle.

I apparently am extremely sensitive to capsaicin.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

To me, a basic taco bell taco with some onions and cheese, with no added sauces, is about as spicy as I can handle.

wow. that sucks. i love heat. besides spicy things actually can help me lose weight, apparently because of the capsaicin helps with it.

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I cant even eat a hot cheeto/taki without diarrhea........ :(

40 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I cant even eat a hot cheeto/taki without diarrhea........ :(

I can never understand why so many people have problems like that with spicy food.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, .spider. said:

My meal today

Atlantic Pollock, Rösti and some weird kind of French fries

I can't stand rösti unless its charred.. and chucked in a bin. 

But the rest looks good. Especially the Pollock.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"