[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

On 22 April 2016 at 1:41 PM, techswede said:

Went to the store today and picked up some canada dry

Much better^^ Not even a hint of orange peel. 

+ In america i'm guessing it would be best to ensure you don't get sued by anyone.

Man, you have so much choice in shops! Ginger ale and stuff like it is like fairy dust here :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 minute ago, Nup said:

Man, you have so much choice in shops! Ginger ale and stuff like it is like fairy dust here :P 

Some shops around here usually have a "Food of the world" shelf with twizzlers, nerds and some other stuff from other countries.

The pickings are fairly slim when it comes to stuff like ginger ale though. Only seen Boyles bottling CO, Schweppes and canada dry.

It isn't really that popular around here :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

On 22/4/2016 at 0:16 PM, techswede said:

Gluten free popcorn? Since when does popcorn contain gluten in the first place? O.o

It's probably a marketing thing, lately people are following the trend of "gluten is bad for you" (which is wrong unless you are intollerant/celiac) so uninformed people will buy more stuff thinking it's better for their health.

28 minutes ago, as96 said:

It's probably a marketing thing, lately people are following the trend of "gluten is bad for you" (which is wrong unless you are intollerant/celiac) so uninformed people will buy more stuff thinking it's better for their health

That trend pisses me off.. It makes most people just scoff at the idea of ceilac..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 hours ago, techswede said:

nerds

mmm... sugar...

Yeah I could guzzle a box of those right about now.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

mmm... sugar...

Yeah I could guzzle a box of those right about now.

Haven't tried them yet. Might next time

Just now, techswede said:

Haven't tried them yet. Might next time

It's colored sugar packed into tiny rocks. Honestly if you've eaten sugar before, you've had nerds. There is a flavor to them other than sugar but I can never put my finger on it.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's colored sugar packed into tiny rocks. Honestly if you've eaten sugar before, you've had nerds. There is a flavor to them other than sugar but I can never put my finger on it.

Alright. Probably better than the strawberry twizzlers i tried.. Barely any taste at all

Right now i'm having some of these

i_07340005401031.jpg

They've got a proper burn to them xD

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Alright. Probably better than the strawberry twizzlers i tried.. Barely any taste at all

I hate strawberry twizzlers.

On 23 April 2016 at 3:08 PM, techswede said:

Some shops around here usually have a "Food of the world" shelf with twizzlers, nerds and some other stuff from other countries.

The pickings are fairly slim when it comes to stuff like ginger ale though. Only seen Boyles bottling CO, Schweppes and canada dry.

It isn't really that popular around here :/

That kinda shop sounds amazing! Especially if it had stuff from around the world. I must look to see if there's one locally. 

Yeah, everyone knows ginger ale, but so so few seem to drink it! Do you like cream soda drinks? 

Advice for best pizza ever:

Go to dominos.

Order Vegi Volcano.

Add stuffed crust.

Change sauce to sundried tomato and garlic.

Remove tomatoes.

Add roquito sweet red chilli's.

Add mushrooms.

Bonus tip - order 2 on whichever is the best 2 pizza offer for the day.

Om nom nom nom.

Linus is my fetish.

Just finished making homemade white chili with chicken. Yum yum. :x

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wok'd

IO0LmzA.jpg

On 4/27/2016 at 5:49 PM, techswede said:

I wok'd

-wok snip-

Please and thank you! 

Looks good, like the addition of nuts too. 

1 hour ago, Nup said:

Please and thank you! 

Looks good, like the addition of nuts too. 

Wasnt a fan of the cashews actually. They felt a bit out of place :(

• 3 weeks later...

Todays dinner. 

A huge marinated steak with parsley butter and potatoes gratiné (Thats what wikipedia tells me its called anyway)

Warning. Picture taken with the most sensitive camera on earth and the lighting is bad

im5vArR.jpg

The meat is charcoal grilled. 

And now i'm having some of these

07330869126591_C1C1.jpg

I ate cheeseburgers, I love burgers 

cDkmcXg.jpg

7 minutes ago, .spider. said:

I ate cheeseburgers, I love burgers 

Burgers are indeed amazing.

I made Laksa for the first time last night it turned out awesome and now that I have a bunch of the soup paste made I can crank out the next ones in 15-20 minutes. 
10 out of 10 highly recommend 

What i really want to get when i've moved to the house and built a deck

53fd0a4c6fb37_genesis-s310.jpg

A Weber Genesis. 

My uncle has one and it is fantastic. And it has something called "Flavorizer bars" whatever that is

Edit:

"Build a deck".. Jesus H christ on a moped.. I'm turning into my dad.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to soften butter to make cookies and the AC has to turn on. Whyyyyyy. Why have you forsaken my baking, nature?

Taiwan Railway Pork Chop Bento

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Railway_Mealbox1.jpg

3 choice meat with rice

2.jpg

Japanese Chicken Karaage Bento

3.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Semi rant / semi rave.

So I only just found out that my favorite Indian restaurant now has an online ordering service, with free delivery within a 3 mile radius. I live 2.2 miles away and qualified for free delivery yay ...

But then the driver that delivers it complains that it was over 4 miles and shouldnt have been free delivery, and asked me to order over the phone next time ....

He obviously didnt know what the word radius means, its not based on driving distance. 

So I sent a complaint email ... I hope that I dont get banned from ordering as what happened the last time when I complained about rubbish Interparcel.

Also unfortunately I cannot eat it yet as we have guests that still wont go away. Shoo!!!!

Linus is my fetish.

• 5 weeks later...

Any cheese lovers around? 

On holidays. Have to study, but using cheese for moral support. 

Also good to get this thread going again ;) 

image.jpg